z

Young Writers Society

Top That!

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 am
Paracosm says...

This is a game I played with my sister once, we would tell a story and then the other would have to rewrite the story and make it better than before. I'll start!

Once upon a time, a giant troll devoured a king. The king's son grew up to be a vengeful killer, slaughtering almost every troll in the kingdom. He was a powerful and cruel ruler, and one day, he found out that the troll who devoured his father had transformed into the very princess he was wed with. He had her beheaded the next day.
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 pm
View Likes
McMourning says...

Once upon a time, a giant troll broke through the city walls and attacked the castle where he devoured the king. However, the prince managed to escape and grew up to be a vengeful killer. He slaughtered every troll he encountered, but he was a powerful and cruel ruler.When he found out the giant troll had transformed into the princess he had married, he beheaded his wife and their children.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat May 12, 2012 3:06 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

One day, long ago in the Kingdom Argon, in Port Dastus, A giant troll smashed the gates and ransacked the city. He destroyed every building, all the way to the castle. The troll sprinted up the hill and did a cannonball directly onto the castle, crushing it to smithereens. The king and his court rushed away from the castle, trying to escape from the troll. The troll reached down and grabbed the old king, threw him up into the air and swallowed him whole. Luckily, the young prince, Dorian, escaped into the woods and lived there, with the pain and anger of his father’s death welling up inside him the whole time. Many trolls lived in the woods and Dorian mercilessly slaughtered every single one of them. He returned to the castle, which had been rebuilt and became a powerful ruthless dictator over the whole of Argon. One dark, foggy day his amazing, beautiful, and stunning wife transformed into the world’s largest and ugliest troll ever. The king then mercilessly beheaded his wife and children with his own sword.
beep

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Once upon a time, a great war spread out between the trolls and the humans. Leading the war on the humans' end was the House of Heleo. King Marnos, son of Heleo, rode out to the forefront of the battlefield everyday and called upon his soldiers to fight. This act of bravery gave the warriors courage, and they fought even harder. But still the trolls urged forward, idling closer to the capitol of Heleo, Kir, even with the valient fighting of the humans. They were losing the war, slowly, but still losing.

Months into the war, the city of Kir was finally seiged upon. Five hundred trolls marched into the city and killed every last man, woman , and child. The last hope of Kir laid in the hands of the Great Castle, which no one had ever been able to break into before. Still with his doubts, King Marnos led his son and wife into a small, lighted tunnel that, once the silver doors were shut, none could open it. The king shut the silver doors. At that moment, the trolls bursted through the door. The largest troll, slammed the king into a wall before he could even turn his head. The troll then began to feast on his remains.

The tunnel led to the king's brother's kingdom, the House of Wurdos. The Duke Marnos, the king's brother, graciously accepted them into his house. He knew the worst had happened.

Two weeks later, a hopelessness fell upon the citizens of Orim, The House of Wurdos
capitol. The trolls learned of the worst weapon possible, maigc. The war was basically over. The city was overrun, and once again, the little son was herded away, this time by a maid and into the forest, where he would stay there until he would reach the age of a man.

Twenty years later, the war between the humans and the trolls was ended, and the now king of the lands, King Marnos recalimed the title his father once had. He still didn't forget what had happened to his mother, father, and uncle. He waged war on any troll who entered his region, slaughtering them merciously. The trolls could do nothing about it, for they were held by a contract. However, the trolls still had magic, which gave them an advantage over the king and his people.

Two years later, the king had married a beautiful woman. The trolls had quietened down, and all was fine. Intil the night after the wedding. No longer bounded by the contract because of intense magic, the trolls ambushed the capitol of the land the king owned. Being shaken awake by his wife, the king walked to a window to look at was going on. He saw the city in ashes, but he did not give up. turning to his bed, he picked up a great sword, the sword of his father. Legend came with the sword. It was said that the sword would glow around the thing that killed its previous owner if it was in its true form. The sword glowed, and the king barely got out of the way when his wife, who was half transformed into the troll, tried to smash him. He slashed the sword across her neck, beheading her.

As soon as her head hit the floor, the curse was lifted from the sword, which, for some reason, made the trolls retreat all the way back to their homeland. For this reason the king vowed that he would not stop until he forund out who put the curse on the sword...
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:13 pm
KatKage says...

-King Alexander smiled as he watched his wife Janelle tend to their newest child Gabriel as their other two kids, Jane and Brendan played on the floor with the hound and her litter of pups. The border between Marcadia and Fracilli has been quiet for the past eight years, and the countries were at peace. Watching this scene in his home could almost convince the powerful king that it was all over. The Troll Wars. Even in this calm atmosphere, the king nearly snarled. It has been twenty five years but he will never forget the night of the year he was five when he watched that beast eat his father from the dark corner, where the beast couldn't see him. He sat there, and sat there, until the monsters had left a little before dawn. Once they left, he rann and ran to the nieghboring castle, seeking refuge. Alexander had escaped that night. He had been the only one that escaped that night.

For the next twelve years, the young prince had trained, and trained, determined to slay every one of those beasts, and rid the world of their savagry. He had rode into battle time and time again against the demons, destroying them left and right. He nearly went mad with his revenge, until she came. Janelle. The king smiled again, thinking of when he first met his wife almost nine years ago. While on a joyride one day, he came across six of the monsters, all hudled over a fire. For a moment he just looked on in horror, for these beasts could entice such a reaction. Ginormous, the youngest taller than a man, the beasts had sickly green skin, with yellowing tusks that just from their mouths. Thier ellbows and chests were covered in dark, coarse, stringy hair while thier heads were bald. Cloven hooves instead of feet The whites of their eyes were yellow, and the irises were red. It is said that in thier kindom, Fracilli, they actually had a royal family. It is said that the royal family could transform thier ugly selves into any beast that walks this earth. He grimiced. When you look like that, who wouldn't want to be something else?

These five were feasting on what looked like the remains of sheep. The king involintarilly shuddered the thought of what might have happened to the shepherd. Before any of the simple minded monsters could react he jumped out and slew the closest one. In the end, he had slain five of the beasts while one escaped, heavily wounded.

Later that night, he was returning to his castle when he heard a noise off the side of the road. He dismounted his horse and went to investigate, sword drawn. He came into a moonlight clearing when he saw her. Even bleeding, she looked beautiful; her auburn hair shining in the moonlight, blue eyes shining silver. He sheathed his sword and ran to her side. He tended to her wounds as she told him her story. She was a shepherd's daughter who had been entrusted with the flock. But on her way home from the market, she was ambushed by trolls, who stoll her flock and left her for dead. The only thing was, she didn't blame or hate the trolls, like anyone else would have. Surprised by her reaction and want for peace, he instantly fell for her. The king brought her home to his castle, and tended to her until she was well. When she was, he proposed and they were instantly married.

With his new bride, his rule softened. He was less angery. And when Fracilli fell soon after, he didn't charge in and slaughter like he might have before. Now, there was peace.
~
Later that night, Alexander woke to the sounds of pounding and screaming, and to the smell of smoke. He turned to see his wife looking out the window, wreathed in the fire's glow. She turned to him, tears streaming down her face. He knew what was going on. Trolls. He leaped out of bed, grabing his sword and putting on what armour he could. Janelle continued crying, until she sunk to the floor. Alexander rushed to her side.

"Worry not, beloved. I will protect you and the children."

She turned up to look at him, and then he saw. Her irises were red, and the whites of her eyes were yellow. He jumped back, and watched in disbelief as she rose from the ground. She transformed before his eyes, skin turning green, and two sets of fangs growing from her mouth, but the transformation stopped there.

'Y. . .You. . .'

'Beloved, that day in the woods, you slew my gaurdsmen But I, the princess of Fracilli, escaped.' Janelle said 'When I heard you coming, I transformed into the form you saw. And I fell in love with you beloved. We were told when we were young that humans were arogent, selfish people who base their judgments on appearance. But still, love, I fell in love with you. And you with me. I stayed with you, even though my leaving had led my country to ruin. Please, my love, they are only here for me. Come with me in peace, let us end this war.'

But the king was not moved, for the troll's stories about human were true for some.

Alexander stared at her with cold eyes 'I thought I loved you, but you have decived me. Our love was false.'

With out another thought her brought his sword up and with one move of his arm, her head rolled across the floor, the blood pooling out. Sickened he left the room. From his children's chambers, he heard their screams. In disgust of what his and Janelle's children must look like, he took a piece of burning wood, threw it into their room, and barred the door.

He turned and walked away, the king with a stone heart.
~
~
~
The little girl clutched the child closer to her chest, while her brother stood in front of them protectivly. She watched as her home burned, and the people slaughtered each other. She shivered at the cruelty her brother and her had seen in their escape. They had seen mercy from one of the trolls, who pulled them from their burning room. She reached out her now green hand and pulled at her brother's sleeve.

'Brendan, what do we do now?'

Brendan turned to her, the firelight shining off his red irises 'Don't worry Jane, I'll keep you and Gabriel safe.'

He looked past her into the forest, where the troll that saved them had brought them. The trolls were gathered around a campfire, treating their wounded. There, the troll had told them everything. The truth was a heavy burden.

'Come sister, let us go to our people.' -
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey