z

Young Writers Society

DefPot -- A Poetry Experiment On Twitter

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 am
spike71294 says...

Hey YWSers!

So, recently I got this idea of experimental twitter poetry which is inspired by dictionary definitions.
It's called Denition.Poetry or DefPot.
Here are the 10 DefPots I tweeted today --

The Womb -- which gave him birth, but later tried to stab his heart. #DefPot #Poetry

The passion -- which made him love the universe, but also forced him to sacrifice his mother. #DefPot #Poetry

The Mother -- who understood the ways of the world, but failed to comprehend which way his son wanted to go. #DefPot #Poetry

The Talent -- with which he could rule the cosmos, but could never leash his own destiny. #DefPot #poetry

The Paintbrush -- which was the scepter of the king; which made the earth bow to him. #DefPot #Poetry

The Performance -- which continued all through his life, and didn't end after his death. #DefPot #Poetry

The Lover -- who ruled the heart of the king, but the performance demanded her sacrifice. #DefPot #Poetry

The Tower -- under which the lovers met, and the painter started painting their lives. #DefPot #Poetry

The Wind -- which blew through the night and whispered into her ear, "Warnings". #DefPot #Poetry

The Fire -- which burnt in their hearts and which painted the sky red. #DefPot #Poetry

The idea is that each tweet can be considered as a individual unit or they can also be a part of a larger whole.
I would appreciate it if I got some YWS support.
Also, I want people to comprehend it. I want people to give me their subjective interpretations of what the tweets mean. Make a story out of it, mix different tweets together and integrate them into one poem. :smt003
Be a part of the experiment -- @deerayolia

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.
— George Eliot