z

Young Writers Society

DefPot -- A Poetry Experiment On Twitter

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 am
spike71294 says...

Hey YWSers!

So, recently I got this idea of experimental twitter poetry which is inspired by dictionary definitions.
It's called Denition.Poetry or DefPot.
Here are the 10 DefPots I tweeted today --

The Womb -- which gave him birth, but later tried to stab his heart. #DefPot #Poetry

The passion -- which made him love the universe, but also forced him to sacrifice his mother. #DefPot #Poetry

The Mother -- who understood the ways of the world, but failed to comprehend which way his son wanted to go. #DefPot #Poetry

The Talent -- with which he could rule the cosmos, but could never leash his own destiny. #DefPot #poetry

The Paintbrush -- which was the scepter of the king; which made the earth bow to him. #DefPot #Poetry

The Performance -- which continued all through his life, and didn't end after his death. #DefPot #Poetry

The Lover -- who ruled the heart of the king, but the performance demanded her sacrifice. #DefPot #Poetry

The Tower -- under which the lovers met, and the painter started painting their lives. #DefPot #Poetry

The Wind -- which blew through the night and whispered into her ear, "Warnings". #DefPot #Poetry

The Fire -- which burnt in their hearts and which painted the sky red. #DefPot #Poetry

The idea is that each tweet can be considered as a individual unit or they can also be a part of a larger whole.
I would appreciate it if I got some YWS support.
Also, I want people to comprehend it. I want people to give me their subjective interpretations of what the tweets mean. Make a story out of it, mix different tweets together and integrate them into one poem. :smt003
Be a part of the experiment -- @deerayolia

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners