z

Young Writers Society

The Best and Worst Thing About Your Writing.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 pm
View Likes
WritingWolf says...

The worst: Starting my novels. I just can't bring myself to do it sometimes. And when I do there not vary good.

The best: I have lots of creative ideas.
~You can only grasp what you reach for~

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:58 am
Nyanya says...

Well I dunno

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:54 am
AlfredSymon says...

Best: Description. I think I can write well-descriptively described descriptions.

Worst: Dialogue. It's like...corny and cliche mixed together in the unworthiest pot.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:04 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Best: Description, dialogue's okay I guess, complicated plot lines, and I usually do pretty well with character development.

Worst: Spellcheck is my best friend (I suck at spelling)
and...
Probably the fact that I can never actually finnish any of my novels...xD

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:10 pm
AmourDevorant says...

Best:
I don't know if this is necessarily a good thing, but I'm never satisfied. I won't settle for good enough and then get all whiny when someone doesn't like it. I'm good with allusion, and I can keep a pretty consistent style because I'm aware of (read: overthink) tense, grammar, vocabulary, etc. I write down all my wacky ideas as they strike me, rather than trying to conjure something out of thin air.

Worst:
Nothing ever comes from my ideas unless I'm forced lol. I've never really finished a proper fiction or poetry piece, and I'm terrified that my lot in life is to write critical essays :(. This is both good and bad, but mostly bad in this context: I'm inspired by almost everything I read or see, either because it is bad and I want to top it, or good and I know I can't. And then when I try to write my own piece, I can't make it unique. In my "Best" section I said I'm never satisfied, but this doesn't mean I never give up. I give up. A lot.
忍ぶれど色にいでにけりわが恋はものや思ふと人の問ふまで
― 平兼盛

“If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray,
remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.”
― Kvothe, in The Name of the Wind

What were the use of my creation if I were entirely contained here?

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:50 am
Willard says...

Best:My "originality". It's what makes my stories likeable, that and my description.

Worst: A handful of grammar issues

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:48 am
221B says...

Worst:
I have the horrible habit of getting into a story, making all the characters, writing half a story, and never going back to it. I have broken the hearts of a lot of people by never finishing FanFictions or just leaving stories at a cliff hanger without ever finishing them.

Best:
When I make a character it is like creating a person with an entire lifetime of memories. I know everything about that character, how they would react in any situation, what matters to them, what they could care less about, everything. My characters are like actual people... just without bodies.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:41 am
SunsetSprite says...

Worst: I would say my grammar at times and some people don't understand what the thing I'm actually writing about.

Best: To be honest, I'm not entirely sure.
Reality is boring...Time to spice it up a little!

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor