Young Writers Society

BRAINSTORMS/A sharing of pieces

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:03 pm
Tessitore says...

Alright...

Here's the activity;

Write one or two paragraphs, or 10 lines of dialogue about one of your creatures/characters. Brainstorm. Even make up a character that you have never had before. I would like to see what people come up with, because I do this all the time, and there's no place here to put it, and so I thought... well, if I needed to do it, maybe someone else does...

So if you have just a small bit that doesn't really fit anywhere in any of your stories and you still want to share it... share it! Please.

I think we'd all be interested
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:10 pm
Harley says...

She was small, well, smaller than everyone else she knew. Her hair was golden thread and her eyes were ice blue buttons, the kind you get on expensive cardigans. Her clothes were simple; little blue shoes and a blue cotton dress her mother had sewn for her, or, at least the girl she called her mother. She didn't have a mother, not really. The girl had simply gathered some materials togeher and got to work; the last thing she added being her sweet smile. She called the girl "Mama". Mama was kind to her, and took her almost everywhere she went. Mama really loved that doll.

(I know this is a bit hard to follow)

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:14 pm
Tessitore says...

That's very interesting, Harley, I liked it.

--------

Eve walked on the left side of the corridoor towards her bedroom, trying to blend with the long shadows, knowing that her entire family could probably smell the blood caked on her. She scratched at her arm and some of it flaked away, letting the wound seep again. It really looked worse then it was, what with her small fall down the hill afterwords she had had all manner of dirt and grass stick to it, smeared the blood all up and down her arm, her hair filled with twigs and leaves and dirt. Her face was starting to swell where a red bruise was blossoming into a deep violet. There was ice in her bedroom in that little freezer her auntie had provided, but not much else in the way of first aide. She'd just have to do with what she had in the bathroom, then. Thank god she had been given one of the suites.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:39 am
Elemental says...

Wisteria got up from her uncomfortable sleep on the futon and walked toward the light streaming into the room, feelinga about not wanting to awaken Glacia. She quickly opened the blinds, and admired the moonlight that shone over the rode and watched the cars drive by. She always loved scenary, for some strange reason in various enviroments especially at night despite her fear of the dark.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:19 am
gyrfalcon says...

Wow, this is a great idea for a forum.
Here's the introduction of the charecter I am perhaps most proud to have come up with, or found, or been pitied enough by to let me write him.....

The man with the black eyes sat perched on the handrails of one of the walkways. One could not really call him a man, if one had the mindset that “man” applied only to humans. For his chalk white skin, fathomless black eyes, and sharply pointed ears clearly set him apart as a Nagai, one of a fierce and honorable race of knife warriors. His frame was gaunt, like all those of his race, and his face was scarred at the corners of both eyes and diagonally across his mouth. And yet, there was something ghoulishly striking about him, as if he were the specter of some attractive man long forgotten. The silky black hair that fell to his shoulders had side-locks of silvery white, so he would have to be an older specter, yet there was an intense look of youthful strength in his thin, lithe body and still-handsome face.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26