z

Young Writers Society

Character Conversations II

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:11 am
Areida says...

The younger girl frowns when the drunk shoves by the shorter boy, which makes her look more like her sister, but her face resumes its unwrinkled composure again after a moment.

"So, you two come here often?"

From her left, the tall brunette gives a barely perceptible snort of derision.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 32
Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:34 pm
J. Wilder says...

"Nah, first time here," says the blond guy. "Do you?"

798 Reviews

Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:57 pm
Areida says...

The blonde girl shrugs.

"First time here too."

The brunette, not paying attention to any of them, looks as though she wants to say something, but remains silent.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:31 pm
J. Wilder says...

The taller guy turns to the bar again and orders a 7 & 7.

"I'm Jake," he says to the blonde girl.

The darker-haired guy introduces himself as Anthony.

798 Reviews

Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:01 am
Areida says...

"Zoe," says the blonde, giving them both one of her smooth, practiced smiles. "And that's Leila, though she probably won't talk to you, not even if you get her drunk. Poor Leila," she smirks. "Not even fun when you're drunk, are you?"

The older girl appears not to hear her sister, and continues to gaze out over the dance floor, not really looking for anyone.
Got YWS?

- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:11 am
J. Wilder says...

"Nice to meet you, Zoe and Laila," says Anthony.

"Yeah, nice to meet you." Jake receives the 7&7 and takes a couple of large gulps.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun May 14, 2006 11:50 pm
Sammi D says...

((Was away from the site for a bit, but I like this activity! I'll just jump in again, in hopes of someone else deciding to jump in again as well. Sorry I never got to answer earlier!))

Not quick enough with her tongue, the younger blonde girl from earlier inches her way into the conversation. The woman watches with interest as the man and the girl exchange small talk comments. The slight frown twitching at her lips shows that she is not happy about being cut off, though the lack of flush in her cheeks proves that it does not completely anger her. After all, blending in was one thing and actually being social was another.

Already close to the bar, she does not need to step any closer to reach the bar. She places the odd alcoholic drink on the bar with a
clink, sliding it even farther away from her in clear disgust. Clearly, by the still evident crinkle in her nose, she does not approve of this world's beverage choices.

"Do you have anything at this place that doesn't taste like it's been spiked with poison?" she calls out to no one in particular, "Perhaps something with more of a refined taste?"
"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player, too. And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll
make a bet with you."

- Charlie Daniel's Band, The Devil Went Down to Georgia

[Avatar Credit: DoubleTrouble__ on Livejournal.com]

- Sammi D -

The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter - if you realize it's a bad idea when you're halfway down, it's too late.
— Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune