z

Young Writers Society

An idea!!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:34 pm
spy0h says...

Hello guys,
So recently I have participated in a book contest; which is to write about a subject they choose and if they like your story they put in the book which in general was about the same subject.
I know you haveng't understood anything but all my saying why not to make a contest about a subject then get the winners stories in a book and share it under the name of YWS and show the real world what young writers can do :)
Just a little note that I have an idea about the book's content.
Please share your opinions with me.
Regards
:)

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm
Sionarama says...

you should definitely show Nate about this!
"You may not be educated well in the areas of etiquette and the like as a princess, but you do throw some bashing good parties!"
Not all princesses are pink sparkles.
Exhibit A

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:40 pm
View Likes
spy0h says...

Working on that.
:)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:25 am
Rosendorn says...

We actually tried to get such a project off the rocks (Called the 1000 Monkeys Project) but it lost steam after awhile. People were really hyped up at the start, but it died down after awhile. I'm not sure why it actually died (I wasn't part of it) but I think it got confusing and just too much time involvement after a certain wordcount. Plus, there never really feels like there's "ownership" of what you're writing, which I think is a big part of writing for a lot of us.

You've also got to consider the legalities and copyright; the book could never be sold for profit because of how difficult the royalties would be to distribute and a ton of other matters. Also with regards to the general publishing industry.

We do have anthologies that get published periodically (art, poetry and prose). :) Search the Young Writer's Literary Journal on Amazon, and you'll get both volumes.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper.
— T.S. Eliot