Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:44 pm
teo says...

what is your definition of creativity?

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:41 am
View Likes
Shine says...

Creativity is something which is made of your own imagination.It is something which comes out from yourself.It is one of the greatest thing which I think everyone has it. :)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:50 am
View Likes
Shimmer says...

Being able to express yourself in ways that other people cannot; thinking outside the box.
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

-Dr. Suess

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:30 am
Snoink says...

Working a difficult math problem.

I mean really... anyone can vomit up their emotions on paper. That's not creativity. Besides, the idea has already been done a bazillion times before, so who really cares? But math... or more specifically, math with application to engineering. Now that's creativity! You have a problem that you have to solve using some logical method. How will you do this?

Before you even START thinking about how you start, you first have to analyze the problem. If I have this problem, do I integrate it first and then treat it as a linear equation? How would I set it up? What would the graph look like? You ask yourself all these questions and more, all the while thinking about your variables and constants. Then, finally, after you set up the equation, the math is a piece of cake. But still!

One thing I did which was really awesome was to prove that a circle was indeed pi*radius-squared. I mean, it's really awesome.

So yeah. That's what creativity is.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:50 pm
Firestarter says...

The ability to create something that has not been created beforehand, that is original and fresh. However, considering this is not always possible, a different angle on an existing creation is acceptable. The true display of creativity is when everyone stops and goes "Wow." The most annoying kind is when everyone stops and goes "I could have done that."
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:12 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Creating something that didn't exist before. That's how my art teacher once deffined it at the beginning of year nine, and it's kind of stuck with me.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:24 pm
Roxy says...

The ability to be yourself, while making friends and doing everything you want to do, at the same time as writing a story.

Making something your own, like a fatasy story that's been done time and time again, and revamping it to make it yours.

This is how I would define creativity, but I guess everyone has their own apininons and their own creativity, so everyone can make it different themselves.

~ Roxy ~
I eat losers for breakfast...

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:50 pm
Myth says...

Writing things that only I understand, drawing pictures that make no sense unless you can read my mind.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:24 pm
Swires says...

Snoink I disagree, math is not creative, it is inputting values into predefined functions in order to find values of x, y etc... Math has been done over and over again.

Creativity is to me, the developing and producing of something new, never been done before.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:29 pm
Esmé says...

Creativity is, among others. It doesn't necessarily need to be something new, in my opinion. It can, of course. Creativity is, as ANI said, something that comes out of your imagination.

P.S. I like math, even if I'm not good at it xD And I think that MATH is indeed creativaty. -I mean, I always somehow end up playing around with numbers instead of doing what I'm supposed to do. Oh, all right, I admit, that's not a good example.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:39 pm
Fand says...

I'm going to quote the master for this one.

"...as imagination bodies forth
The forms of things unknown, the poet's pen
Turns them to shapes, and gives to airy nothing
A local habitation and a name."
--Theseus, in William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.

How can you argue with that?
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:43 pm
Ego says...

Snoink wrote:
One thing I did which was really awesome was to prove that a circle was indeed pi*radius-squared. I mean, it's really awesome.

That's not creative. Someone proved that to begin with, that's why we use it today. I did it in Geometry.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:52 pm
BluesClues says...

Creativity is a kind of weirdness which produces something that people can look on and admire or find useful.

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus