z

Young Writers Society

Dares

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:22 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

I saw this on another website (nanowrimo.org). It's really fun! The rules are simple: if you take a dare (any dare, not necessarily the one above you) then leave a dare for someone else to take. The point is to give you something to write about when you're stuck. You can post as many dares as you want, the more outrageous they are, the better!

First dare:

Write an entire chapter, or even novel, from teh point of view of the hero's sword.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:33 am
View Likes
asyouwish says...

I loooove NaNoWriMo!! (Didn't finish this year though.. *pout* But hey, I got 18000 words. More than I've written before) And the dare thread just totally rocked.

My dare:

Write an entire story from the point of view of the villain, without it ever being revealed (even at the end).

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:22 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

Yeah, NaNo is awesome. NaNo04 was my first one, and I made myself get halfway. I got past that - 25,001. :D Now, on to the dare.

* Name at least three of your characters after food. Bonus points if they are three main characters.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:08 am
View Likes
Tara says...

=D> ooh! fun!

Think of the first story you can remember writing, even if it was awefull. Take the main character and incorporate him/her into your story somehow.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:39 am
Bobo says...

Tara, can I stretch your dare to comics/cartoons? Because I'm going to incorporate my first comic strip, which was horrible, into a cartoon which should be much better. Just in cameos, but yeah.

Um... dare... hm...
Write a serious story in which the main character is completely inanimate but is revered by all around it.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:48 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

asyouwish wrote:I loooove NaNoWriMo!! (Didn't finish this year though.. *pout* But hey, I got 18000 words. More than I've written before) And the dare thread just totally rocked.

My dare:

Write an entire story from the point of view of the villain, without it ever being revealed (even at the end).

I AM SO GOING TO DO THAT!!!

Actually, I'm kinda doing that with the second book in my trilogy.. writing from the opposite perspective. But I definitely wanna write an entire story from the point of view of the villain.. Hey, maybe I'm already doing that with my story now lol! :twisted:

Hmm.. a dare? Write about a girl who is hopelessly obsessed with every guy she meets.

Hey, it could have some interesting consequences..
Love and Light

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:54 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

New Dare:

Write about Incandescence and his attraction to staplers.. :lol::lol::lol:
Love and Light

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:41 am
View Likes
Nai says...

Write a short story about a day in the life of a empty cream soda can. lol
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:53 pm
View Likes
Harley says...

I AM SOOO DOING THAT!!!

Ummm...

Write a story with the main character having a phobia of him/herself(I think this is called autophobia). Bonus points if it involves a house of mirrors. :twisted: muahahahaha

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:08 pm
View Likes
Nai says...

Make a character in one of your books that looks exactly like Harley's avatar.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:04 am
View Likes
Emma says...

Harley wrote:

I AM SOOO DOING THAT!!!

Ummm...

Write a story with the main character having a phobia of him/herself(I think this is called autophobia). Bonus points if it involves a house of mirrors. :twisted: muahahahaha

Im doing that! Mawahahahaha.

I might (well WILL) publish it on the site! Im crazy anyhow....

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:00 am
View Likes
Kochan says...

* Name at least three of your characters after food. Bonus points if they are three main characters.

Think of the first story you can remember writing, even if it was awefull. Take the main character and incorporate him/her into your story somehow.

i do believe that these two get incorperated for me... You see, in first grade, i wrote a story about a girl named Marmalade gets in a fight with a girl named Jelly over which one is better. And then Peanut and Butter (twin boys) came up and said something to them... and then Peanut and Butter and Jelly and Marmalade became best of friends... And that is why i make my PB&J sandwiches PBJ&M sandwiches. They are really good....
its so depressing to have your notebook taken away because you were writting in class... should have never shared the first chapter with the teacher...

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:21 am
View Likes
nickelpickle says...

write a whole two pages on cheese.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:14 pm
Roxy says...

nickelpickle wrote:write a whole two pages on cheese.

Slightly depressing thought: I've already had to do that in class!

We had to pick dares out of a hat, and I got the cheese one! Fun.

Name all the characters in your story after computer-screen makers.

(Yes, I know. S.A.D. But they do have pretty interesting names... [Even if you can't pronouce them *Glares evily at XEROX computer screen*])

~ Roxy ~
I eat losers for breakfast...

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:29 pm
Swires says...

Crysi wrote:
asyouwish wrote:I loooove NaNoWriMo!! (Didn't finish this year though.. *pout* But hey, I got 18000 words. More than I've written before) And the dare thread just totally rocked.

My dare:

I AM SO GOING TO DO THAT!!!

Actually, I'm kinda doing that with the second book in my trilogy.. writing from the opposite perspective. But I definitely wanna write an entire story from the point of view of the villain.. Hey, maybe I'm already doing that with my story now lol! :twisted:

Hmm.. a dare? Write about a girl who is hopelessly obsessed with every guy she meets.

Hey, it could have some interesting consequences..

one strand of my story is in the perspective of my villain, except I hope that the reader will see that he could be the hero depending on the way you see it.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale