z

Young Writers Society

Very Short Stories

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:36 pm
TheDreamSafari says...

Plz post your very short stories here...also discuss the previous stories...thanx...posting first of mine

It was the summers holidays of 2005. I was eating at the officers mess. All the persons sitting there were discussing about the ghosts of our townships. Then came the caterer with chapaties and he interrupted all the officers sitting there and told that a girl committed suicide in the next building and her ghost is visible in the night. If a person passes the trees by the house there are high chances he can suddenly see a burning girl suddenly appearing on the road, running towards you and passing through you. Everybody was amazed but quickly forgot the issue.
Next day in the night i had to pass through the trees, on the road in front of the house which finally led to a temple. I was very much afraid as the words of the caterer came to my mind. But finally i managed to cross the trees and reached near to the temple. I thought that now i am safe as i am near to temple.
When i was about 100 meters away from the main gate, it was totally dark & i was all alone. I saw a very tall lady of about 7 feet. She was in a totally white saree. I slowed my pace a bit. As i moved one more step towards her, the tall lady opened her arms in both directions, parallel to the ground and started rotating on her feet and a very high speed. Her saree stared swinging in the air. I lost my mental balance and at the moment i turned back and started running back via the trees again. I was running at my top speed and suddenly i saw a burning girl coming towards me at double my speed. Before i could think of anything, she passed through my body. i heard a sharp & shrill sound.
The next day i found myself lying on the road but infront of the temple, exactly at the place where the tall lady was rotating. I never believed in ghosts, but this incident makes me think on this issue, which i want to share with you.

Random avatar

Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:45 pm
TheDreamSafari says...

One more from my side

There was a knock at the door. I went and asked who he is. The person outside told that he is a ghost. I could not understand what he is saying. I asked him forcefully he laughed and said, "open i am fred, your brother". I could say with confidence it was not his voice. I looked through the lens outside. The clothes looked to be of Fred's. I opened the door at once. It was a hollow skeleton of clothes of Fred and was babbling something to the dog in my balcony, with back towards me. I could not understand what to do. I quickly closed the door. The skeleton was not able to figure out my presence. Also he didnt knock again. 6 months have passed to this incident. Nothing like that has happened to me except that on thursday's midnights i always hear two knocks and the dog barking. I feel nothing wrong will happen,but who knows??

Random avatar

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:37 pm
TheDreamSafari says...

Another one from me
This one is not a horror tale as usual. It is about a boy & a girl. They both lived in a small town. The town is very small one there is not even railway line in about 20 km radius around the town. It is a pretty town with lots of greenery and small rivulets. The girl is 16 & boy is 18 & as usual the boy is in love with the girl. They are neighbors and the girl lives on the first floor of the house just next to the boy's house. The boy lives in a small room in his house on the ground floor.
The buy is presently in a very confused state of mind regarding the girl, that whether she loves him or not. He maintains a diary specially for all the activities that occur with him & those that involve the girl. Seeing the past entries he is today very much convinced that the girl loves him.

18 March: I moved just out of my house and she was there on the roof of her house. She was combing her hairs and was busy thinking something. When I saw her she was just stunned and kept gazing at me. She stopped combing the hairs. I was holding my bicycle and I too forgot to do any thing. In that startled position she just bent down to hide her face from the small wall of the roof. I moved ahead and crossed her house. When I turned back suddenly, I saw she was searching for me and knowing that I too was looking at her she quickly bent down again.

25 March: I went to her house for some work. She came and smiled at me. She gave me some water and just sat down and started telling me about her and asked various questions about me.

30 March: We met in the market. She was looking gorgeous and she asked me to have a small walk in the market. In the meanwhile she kept telling me about her likes and dislikes. In between she kept looking at me in a very romantic way. We together had an ice cream from the local shop. She asked me to meet her tomorrow at same time same place.

31 March: We were again at the same place. For the first time she hold my hand. I was trembling from inside. She told me that she like the city very much. She asked me that together can we go to the city for a visit. I assured her that yes that is very much possible. Then finally after lot of semi-romantic talks we returned.

1...4...5....7...12....18...April: Almost the entire April passed. We were spending about 2-3 hours daily with each other. Her passion for the city was increasing day by day. She even told me that she is getting used to my company. She told me that how much upset she becomes when I am not very near to her. I told her about my feelings which were I thought 100 times more intense than hers.

4 May: I asked my friend who is from city that how can I plan a visit to the city. He told me about the entire trip. I went to her & told about all the facts that my friend told me. But I also mentioned that money is the real problem and so the journey is not possible now. She was both happy & upset. But she told me that she is happy. But now I was upset that I was not able to fulfill her wish. She inquired me about my friend and then asked me to borrow some money from my rich friend. I just turned the entire course of the topic as I never liked the idea of borrowing money from my friend. Then finally we went to our homes and she again told me that how much she miss me in my absence.

Today is 6 May and its the boy's birthday. His mother has kept some money in the trunk for some purpose that he never know for what. He takes out that money and thought of celebrating his birthday in city with his girlfriend. He sees his mother doing something in the kitchen. He tells her that he will come back late today. She only wishes him happy birthday. He don't reply to her and goes out to meet the girl. After reading the diary he is very much sure that the girl loves him.

When he reached the girl's house he comes to know that the girl is gone to his friend's house. He goes to the friend's house and there he comes to know that both of them have gone to the city for some important purpose. The boy is just in a state of shock. He is not able to understand that what has happened. He quickly catches the next bus to the city and reaches there. After searching them for some time he just got tired. He goes to a restaurant to have something to eat. There at the restaurant he sees both of them drinking juice and having sandwiches. Both of them even shared a warm kiss. He even hears the girl saying to the boy that next when is he going to bring her here. The boy quickly moves out.

He was crying but the tears were not visible. He was moving like a statue in the entire city. Finally he returned back to home in the night at 9 pm. As he enters the house he sees her mother & father sitting in the guest room with cakes pastries and other delicacies that her mother had been making since morning. They haven't eaten any thing since morning. His father has bought him a gift what he mentions that he has to go to bank to withdraw more money as the money that her mother was saving for the past one year was missing from the trunk.

The boy is just dumbfounded. he is unable to move, speak or do anything. He starts to cry. His parents are singing the birthday song as the mother is lighting the candle.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
— Abraham Heschel