z

Young Writers Society

OK this is really fun...we did it in LA

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:07 pm
View Likes
Sam says...

OK this is great for a start to a short story, novel, poem, whatever.
1. Pick a number between one and ten. This will determine your main character. Then when you're done, find your number in the list and the description that corresponds. :D

Your character is...
1. A grandson
2. a student
3. a baby
4. a police officer
5. an actor
6. a doctor
7. a lunch lady (food server, like at school)
8. a boy
9. a girl
10. a granddaughter

Pick another number between one and ten. his will determine your setting. Then when you're done, find your number in the list and the description that corresponds. :D

Your setting is...
1. a soccer field (football for UK, whatever it is...)
2. school
3. auditorium
4. theatre
5. a park
6. a library
7. in the car
8. at home
9. at McDonald's
10. in a pool

Pick another number between one and ten. his will determine your conflict. Then when you're done, find your number in the list and the description that corresponds. :D

Your character...
1. is late
2. fell asleep
3. has to give a speech
4. doesn't feel well
5. has to clean up
6. has to hide something
7. is investigating something
8. is blithely reading when...*lol*
9. has gotten somebody mad at them
10. is eating

These can get really wierd, trust me...it's hard, but see what you get.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:21 pm
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

Ooh, cool. 3,5,7. So a baby is investigating something in the park? It's weird already!

Sarah's clumsy hands groped at the floor from her position in the buggy. A shadow cast over her face, and long, bony fingers lifted her out and onto the grass. She pulled at the blades of grass, and looked at them suspiciously as they tore out of the ground in her chubby hands. Then, her eyes dropped over something small and white, something that stood out from everything else. Sarah dropped onto her belly and wriggled about until the white thing was almost touching her nose. She rubbed her nose against it, and found it was light and soft. She grabbed it and forced it out of the ground. Struggling to sit up, she examined it further-it's green stalk, white petals and yellow centre. Her eager hands pulled at the top, and wide, astonished eyes stared at the sky as she held up the daisy, pulled at its top and watched petals fall through the sky against the burning sun.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:24 pm
Sam says...

Cool...that one was hard! *lol* I don't know what I did with mine...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:39 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I got a lunch lady is in the auditorium and needs to hide something. That sounds somewhat suspicious to me, and it sounds like it involves something quite illegal...

The health inspector was going to be there any minute now, lunch lady Morris thought, and he was going to fire her if he found out. For so long now, every student in the school were complaining of foul tasting meat, and after seventeen years of such complaints, which were usually dismissed as the normal lunch food rumblings, it had finally occured to someone in the FDA that something was afoot.

With little time left, lunch lady Morris stuffed all her special ingredients into one can. She gathered the rat tails, the eyes of newt, and her own special seasoning into a one gallon coffee can. Before long, she was rushing head-first like a bull down the hallway and into the auditorium. No one would ever think to check the auditorium for malicious use of food. No one.

In her desperate rush, she clambered over chairs and nearly sent an entire row of ladders, which were diligently arranged so as to hang banners for the upcoming school talent show, crashing down into the orchestra pit. A few trombones and saxophones and clarinets then went sailing into the air only to land with a loud "THUMP!" on a display of red paint cans.

Needless to say, lunch lady Morris was sprayed all over with red paint, but not before hiding her ingredients in a small, inconspicious cubby hole. Exasperated as she was, she hardly notice the red paint and so rushed back to the cafeteria so as to greet the health inspector with a gracious smile.

But upon reaching the cafeteria, she found the health inspector to already be there, and upon seeing her he instantly said, "Lunch lady Morris! We've caught you red-handed!"

:D

Reviews: 3
Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:17 pm
View Likes
MinnesotaGurl1 says...

Nate wrote:I got a lunch lady is in the auditorium and needs to hide something. That sounds somewhat suspicious to me, and it sounds like it involves something quite illegal...

The health inspector was going to be there any minute now, lunch lady Morris thought, and he was going to fire her if he found out. For so long now, every student in the school were complaining of foul tasting meat, and after seventeen years of such complaints, which were usually dismissed as the normal lunch food rumblings, it had finally occured to someone in the FDA that something was afoot.

With little time left, lunch lady Morris stuffed all her special ingredients into one can. She gathered the rat tails, the eyes of newt, and her own special seasoning into a one gallon coffee can. Before long, she was rushing head-first like a bull down the hallway and into the auditorium. No one would ever think to check the auditorium for malicious use of food. No one.

In her desperate rush, she clambered over chairs and nearly sent an entire row of ladders, which were diligently arranged so as to hang banners for the upcoming school talent show, crashing down into the orchestra pit. A few trombones and saxophones and clarinets then went sailing into the air only to land with a loud "THUMP!" on a display of red paint cans.

Needless to say, lunch lady Morris was sprayed all over with red paint, but not before hiding her ingredients in a small, inconspicious cubby hole. Exasperated as she was, she hardly notice the red paint and so rushed back to the cafeteria so as to greet the health inspector with a gracious smile.

But upon reaching the cafeteria, she found the health inspector to already be there, and upon seeing her he instantly said, "Lunch lady Morris! We've caught you red-handed!"

:D
haha that's cute. I luv the last line. Naughty Lunch lady Morris with her newt eyeballs. kinda has a ring to it doesn't it? :D

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain