z

Young Writers Society

You are a wave...

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 am
whatevr says...

Ok, in my class at school, my teachertold us that this is a cool writing warm up. Imagine youare a tsunami wave. Imagine that wave is like a person. It has emotions, fears, etc... Write that in under 500 words. REMEMBER: This is not a competition, so just do what you can.

Post your stories here and check out other peoples :)

-Biffle
Literally whatevr

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 am
Merlin34 says...

I can feel my body sucking the water away from the shore, and I know it won't be long before I hit land. Through the shifting sea, I see several people wandering forward to examine the seafloor now revealed.

No! I think. Get away! You'll be killed. All seems hopeless. I try to move out of the way, but my path is fixed.

As my head rears out of the water, I see the people starting to take notice, and the fear in their eyes. I know they've seen me, and know that they won't be able to get away in time.

As cries of fear split the air, I feel like crying in sadness. Why must I do this? I don't want to kill.

As I hit shore, my body crashing against trees and buildings, my only thought is, I'm sorry.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

77 Reviews

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 am
whatevr says...

That's really awesome man. Thank you for posting here!! No one ever posts on my activities or competitions... xD
Literally whatevr

77 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:08 am
whatevr says...

Their horrific screams just make me want to move faster. I want their souls encapsulated in my body. Their eyes all strike upon me in my watery glory. I feel my brother behind me, moving faster. I push on. A small girl is the closest to me. I crush her, quickly. Th rest is simple. And before my broter is in one hundred feet of the beach, everyone is dead.
Literally whatevr

Reviews: 0
Fri May 21, 2010 1:55 am
RisfelRagnarok says...

Well, first of all, the things I would be feeling would be something lifting me up like the earth itself was forcing me to do this against my will, sadly, I can't do nothing but go with the flow.

Secondly, after being forced and knowing that I can't stop, it's kinda scary because it's like a fall which you can't stop and naturally, how do I know water has eyes? I don't think I would be able to see...if I did, well hell, it's gonna be a boring ride. I'd be all "Mountain....island....island....mountain hill top....nothing...horizon...Oh look a boat. Woops, there it goes inside me."

Lastly, once I know I'm going to crash, it's gonna be a damn shame I can't stop myself and having to hit all these people, hurting, killing them maybe. If I stopped, it would all just dry up later on, having dead bodies swirling over me, that's not funny.

"People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
— V for Vendetta