z

Young Writers Society

You are a wave...

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:44 am
whatevr says...

Ok, in my class at school, my teachertold us that this is a cool writing warm up. Imagine youare a tsunami wave. Imagine that wave is like a person. It has emotions, fears, etc... Write that in under 500 words. REMEMBER: This is not a competition, so just do what you can.

Post your stories here and check out other peoples :)

-Biffle
Literally whatevr

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 am
Merlin34 says...

I can feel my body sucking the water away from the shore, and I know it won't be long before I hit land. Through the shifting sea, I see several people wandering forward to examine the seafloor now revealed.

No! I think. Get away! You'll be killed. All seems hopeless. I try to move out of the way, but my path is fixed.

As my head rears out of the water, I see the people starting to take notice, and the fear in their eyes. I know they've seen me, and know that they won't be able to get away in time.

As cries of fear split the air, I feel like crying in sadness. Why must I do this? I don't want to kill.

As I hit shore, my body crashing against trees and buildings, my only thought is, I'm sorry.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

77 Reviews

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:51 am
whatevr says...

That's really awesome man. Thank you for posting here!! No one ever posts on my activities or competitions... xD
Literally whatevr

77 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:08 am
whatevr says...

Their horrific screams just make me want to move faster. I want their souls encapsulated in my body. Their eyes all strike upon me in my watery glory. I feel my brother behind me, moving faster. I push on. A small girl is the closest to me. I crush her, quickly. Th rest is simple. And before my broter is in one hundred feet of the beach, everyone is dead.
Literally whatevr

Reviews: 0
Fri May 21, 2010 1:55 am
RisfelRagnarok says...

Well, first of all, the things I would be feeling would be something lifting me up like the earth itself was forcing me to do this against my will, sadly, I can't do nothing but go with the flow.

Secondly, after being forced and knowing that I can't stop, it's kinda scary because it's like a fall which you can't stop and naturally, how do I know water has eyes? I don't think I would be able to see...if I did, well hell, it's gonna be a boring ride. I'd be all "Mountain....island....island....mountain hill top....nothing...horizon...Oh look a boat. Woops, there it goes inside me."

Lastly, once I know I'm going to crash, it's gonna be a damn shame I can't stop myself and having to hit all these people, hurting, killing them maybe. If I stopped, it would all just dry up later on, having dead bodies swirling over me, that's not funny.

i exist in a constant state of confusion so its ok
— veeren