Young Writers Society

Name that character!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:17 am
View Likes
MKate says...

Okay, so this is how this exercise works:

1) I'm going to describe a character- so, for example, I'll say: "Male, short, stout, wiry black hair that's rather sparse, squinting, gray eyes and a round, fat face."

2) Your job is to give this character a name (Just first name, unless you're feeling extra clever) and tell us what you think his/her personality would be.

3) After you give your own opinions, you can describe your own character for people to name and bring to life- have fun with it, and enjoy!

Character (if you want, you can do the exercise with my example as well): Female, tall, robust figure, completely straight blond hair, round hazel eyes, and a pointy nose.
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

We already have this exact game here. Feel free to join on page nine.

*Locked*
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins