Young Writers Society

Name that character!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:17 am
View Likes
MKate says...

Okay, so this is how this exercise works:

1) I'm going to describe a character- so, for example, I'll say: "Male, short, stout, wiry black hair that's rather sparse, squinting, gray eyes and a round, fat face."

2) Your job is to give this character a name (Just first name, unless you're feeling extra clever) and tell us what you think his/her personality would be.

3) After you give your own opinions, you can describe your own character for people to name and bring to life- have fun with it, and enjoy!

Character (if you want, you can do the exercise with my example as well): Female, tall, robust figure, completely straight blond hair, round hazel eyes, and a pointy nose.
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

We already have this exact game here. Feel free to join on page nine.

*Locked*
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom