z

Young Writers Society

What would your characters do?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:54 am
Hattable says...

"A strange box? No, nope, nu-uh! I'm done opening weird boxes! Last time I did that I released an evil army on the world and they tore it apart to make their own alternate version. I'd just walk away. Or run."

~ Rex, Pandora's Earth

If you met someone claiming to be you from the future, and they had undeniable proof, what would you first ask them?
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:36 pm
PickledChrissy says...

"Why aren't you dead? You should be dead. Is Eric alive?" ~ Phoenix, Phoenix Inferno.

If you were stranded in a world composed of million of books combined, making one story?
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:19 am
CorruptedRoseJen says...

"Hmm... your question seems to be a fragment, m'dear! However, I will assume that you meant a world made from millions of books, made into one complete piece, yes? I would love to be in that world, reading the fragments of its story, and stringing together the tale. Unfortunately, I wouldn't like to be there forever, as I do have many people I care for in this world, yes?"

~Jen, Mishaps of an Overlord

If you were to suddenly find out that your author is dying and can only be saved by you, but since s/he's in a whole different reality, you must be willing to give up everything and anything to travel through realities and find + save him/her. Note: even if your author were to die, your reality remains intact and will not disappear. Your story simply isn't being told in your author's reality, that's all. Would you save him/her?
My room is an insane asylum, and I am the patient.

Beware of Dog signs are overrated. Beware of Writer.

Warning! Crappy author at work! Any hapless bystanders/passerbys will be sentenced to an eternity of hell by eye-hurt :3

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:47 am
kayfortnight says...

"No. No, not happening, no way. Are you crazy? This lady never gives me and my friends a single break! If she stopped telling our story, maybe something would go right for once."

-Zeki, SPAN (Though most of my characters would have the same sentiment, or perhaps a "I suppose saving her would be the right thing to do" moment)

What would your character do if they got to see their own funeral as a ghost?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

"Bloody hell. No bloody way is this happening. WHY AM I HAVING A FUNERAL? I asked my crew to toss me overboard should this ever happen! Burial at sea, remember? Hello? HEY, LISTEN TO ME. I DON'T CARE IF I AM A GHOST, I WILL STILL MAROON YOU ON A DESERT ISLAND, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Oh, well. I'll just drift off to the land of the evil dead and Aurora will just revive me. I suppose having a goddess for a best friend must pay off sometime." Arianna, Pirate Queen

If you found out that everybody in the world had disappeared except the people you care about, what would you do?
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:18 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

"Are my eyes deceiving me? That genie actually came through! Now, how to get the cable back on..." ~ Malcolm, The Diary of a Milkman (I technically wrote this five years ago, but still...)

Congratulations! You were somehow spared by the genie's wish. Now, you found said genie, and he has one wish left (the second was for cable...) What would you wish, and why?
Note: this is a mischievous genie, who likes messing with your wishes, so watch out (the cable was all Mandarin...)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:38 pm
Pretzelstick says...

"To bring back the other half of my baby. To let my second twin win! That is all that I wish upon a genie, for tonight."-Corinne from The Perfect Baby Doll.

If you could only choose one food,for which you must only eat (one thing, the same thing) for the rest of your life,what would it be?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:51 pm
Vervain says...

"Only one food? That's narrow... I suppose I'd have to say sushi. It reminds me of home." ~Mavon; Absolute.

What would you do if you were trapped in an elevator for over 24 hours, and no one was coming to rescue you?
stay off the faerie paths

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

"Trapped in an elevator? I am the elevator!" ~ Daniel, Tomorrow-Men

The authorities quarantined your town. They just happened to cut of the last remaining water supply to the town, and your house had an underground bunker, filled with water and food. Would you share, or protect?
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:47 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

"Wait, that's not my town already? I mean, we don't have a reason to quarantine, but we certainly don't have any help from the King." ~ Samuel Meaklim, Syrin.

If there were one person you could cause immense pain and suffering to, who would it be and why? Bonus points for how.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:52 am
Vervain says...

"Oh, man. I mean -- do I get punished? -- heck, does it matter? Oh... it's hard to say. Probably my high school principal. 'Eli has an attitude problem, he'll never make it in college', my foot, you know? But then -- my high school guidance counselor, too -- 'have you considered therapy for that? Have you considered therapy for that?' Ugh. And I can only pick one? Fine, fine, high school principal. And I don't know, drop him in a shark tank or something. Extra points for bull sharks." ~Elijah; Absolute.

If you had one chance to apologize to someone with the knowledge that they would definitely forgive you, who would it be and why?
stay off the faerie paths

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:26 am
TriSARAHtops says...

"I'm not really sure. I think that maybe, assuming that 'definitely forgive you' means that I wouldn't have to be dealing with any smart-a*** comments from this person when I hypothetically apologise, it might be Freddie. As much as I hate to admit it, he didn't deserve a lot of what I said to him, and even though I know he can handle it, I was wrong to assume that it was all his fault, and act the way I did. A lot of what I said was so unfair, and I kinda wish there was a way to apologise for that, without the awkwardness and teasing that I'd no doubt receive if I did say sorry to his face. But yeah, it'd be Freddie. Who'd have thought?"
-Liv, Eight Reasons Why I Kissed Hayden Beaufort

If your house was about to be destroyed, what objects would you be trying to save?
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:01 pm
BellaRoma says...

I don't have an awful lot of possessions, so there wouldn't be anything worth saving, apart from my life. Even that's debatable...

Layla, Imaginary Friends

What’s your character's favourite song and why?
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:43 pm
Carlito says...

"Do Something" by Mathew West. I'm hopelessly obsessed with this song because it's a call to action - this world is messed up and it's up to us to do something about it. I see so much pain and suffering in the world and I find this song so motivating and inspiring to keep working on a way to make the world better for others.
-Molly (Captive)

Who is your character's best (or closest) friend, and why?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:47 pm
deleted5 says...

Rebecca, she is just like me and makes me better! I'm worried though for her about tommorow. What if it goes wrong?
-Younger Frankie, The Cold Within Us

What would your character do if someone they cared about was kidnapped?
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

Cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can’t fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal.
— William S. Burroughs