z

Young Writers Society

What would your characters do?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:52 pm
Vervain says...

"Depends on who kidnapped them. So far, it looks like the only one doing the kidnapping is me, but if the NAO or PI step into this... It could get messy. I'm not above eliminating people to keep this information safe. Which means I have to keep this know-it-all safe, too." ~Zero; Absolute.

Your best friend comes to you, a little battered, and reveals that they've just taken part in a riot and helped loot a store, and they have the stolen goods with them. You, as a neutral party, don't feel very strongly about the issue they were protesting. What would you do?
stay off the faerie paths

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:12 pm
Chaser says...

"Steal it! Retaliation solves nothing, and therefore is morally wrong, so my friend does not deserve this prize. I, being the only person present who is still infallible, have every right to claim it. I'll enjoy their spoils, but I won't like it. It's for the greater good that I take it! ...I don't have many friends."
-Chaser, Dream-Hunters

What would you do to rid a plane of snakes?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:29 am
kayfortnight says...

"What's a plane? For that matter, what's a snake?"
-Sage, A Good Little Soldier

"Flood the plane with a gaseous toxin of my own design that's only dangerous to the snakes, after capturing one and studying it to see if there's anything unusual about it."
-Bae Kym, The Hunt For Anna Viva

"Cause the pilot to go insane and crash the plane into the ocean, or maybe an active volcano. Yeah, that would be nice... Wait, you mean kill the snakes without killing the people? Where's the fun in that?"
-Magic, Magic's Will

Sorry, far too fun a prompt to give just one answer.

An old man knocks on your door in the night and informs you he's cursed you so you'll die the worst death you can imagine in three days. There is nothing you can do to stop it. What do you do and how will you die?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:36 am
BellaRoma says...

Is there no way to stop it? Two lives kinda hang in the balance here - mine and Layla's, because we share the same body.
If it is indeed inevitable, then I'd do anything to know who'd want to curse us and why. We're gonna die, so I think we've earned the right to that information...
What happens if Layla and I both think of different things? Layla's worst nightmare is to be cut open, still conscious. Complications of this ante mortem autopsy (shock, severing something they shouldn't etc.) would surely kill us. However, I believe that the most horrible deaths are the slow ones. For me, it would be being buried alive, or to literally be shot in the stomach.
All this talk of death makes me feel queasy...

Mercy, Imaginary Friends

You have a gun with a single bullet left. There's no way to obtain or make new bullets for the gun. Who would you use that shot on? Why?
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm
PickledChrissy says...

"You have got to be kidding me! I'm almost completely out of ammo! If Eric doesn't stop trying to cheerful, and look at the sunny-side of everything, I'm using this blasted bullet on him!" ~Phoenix, Phoenix Inferno.

What would your character do if she walked into her home and found that it had become infested with five foot tall mice?
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 am
Chaser says...

"Dissect the leader and hang their head above the fireplace. The rest will fall in line."
-Socrates, Socrates the Madman

"Overrun them with 6-foot-tall spiders."
-Arachne, Dream-Hunters

What would you do if someone randomly stabbed you?
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:15 pm
LordZeus says...

"Well, I'm a Blade, with extra strong skin, so the the knife wouldn't go to deep in. I'd pull it out and stab my attacker back, 'cause I don't want him to attack me me again." -Ronavan Andreas Calor, from my novel, the Blade Chronicles.

sorry about butting in like this, hope nobody minds, but this seemed like a cool thread. here's the question:

If you had to choose between saving your family, or the world, which would you pick?

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:28 pm
Pinkratgirl says...

"My family of course. But the world could use a disaster nowadays. Perhaps it would help people learn to co-operate with each other."
- Victor, Royal Lies.

What would you do if you saw a kid getting severely bullied and stopping to help him would make you late to a very important meeting?
"Once upon a time is the beginning of something better."
Tumblr: http://saltikitti.tumblr.com/
Archive of Our Own: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Saltikitti/pseuds/Saltikitti

39 Reviews

Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:43 am
LordZeus says...

"Beat up the bully of course. I hate it when people pick on those smaller than them. And I don't care about ******* meetings."
-Ronavan Andreas Calor, The Blade Chronicles

If a genie gave you three wishes, how would you use them? (a cliche, I know, but I'd like to hear any answers!)

38 Reviews

Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:00 am
Pinkratgirl says...

"I don't believe in such childish things but I suppose I could answer your question. First, I would wish for my sister to get well again because she can't even go outside to see the garden anymore. Second, I wish that people would stop calling me weak. And lastly, I wish this war will end with our victory!"
- Victor, Royal Lies.

If there was a fire in your house and you could only grab one item before the flames cut off your only way to escape, what would that one item be?
Archive of Our Own: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Saltikitti/pseuds/Saltikitti

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:20 pm
kayfortnight says...

First of all, this particular answer isn't mine, but it's the best I've ever seen for this question. Can't recall the exact quote, but paraphrased...

"Would you get your mum, Walter?"
"No, Miss Weatherwax! My mum would get herself out!"
"Then what would you grab?"
"The fire, Miss Weatherwax."
-Granny Weatherwax and Walter, Maskerade, of Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Even better because he's not saying it to be snarky; he's somewhat different mentally (If I had to hazard a guess I'd say autistic) and he truly, honestly means it.

Nothing I can think of can top that, but I still must make a nod to my own characters.

"Assuming Leo already got out and I don't need to grab him, my drawing notebook. It's like a diary to me, and... You know what, this is a stupid question. I don't have a real house or home, so it would depend on where I was on base at the moment. But I'd grab the drawing notebook if it was in my dorm."
-Zeki, The Promises We Made

You are on a deserted island and a box washes up. What is in this box? Just say the first thing that comes to mind.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

39 Reviews

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:34 pm
LordZeus says...

"Knowing my luck, nothing."

If you knew that you were going to die in 24 hours, what would you do?

38 Reviews

Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:36 am
Pinkratgirl says...

"That's a tad... um... morbid, but I suppose I would say goodbye to my family and then go to bed so I die in my sleep."
- Victor, Royal Lies.

You're going to be executed for committing a horrible crime. You are given three options on how you want to be executed:
1st option: Lethal injection, but there is a risk that the paralytic leaving you fully conscious and sensate and unable to tell anyone that you're awake.
2nd option: Hanging, but there is a risk of it being done improperly which would cause you to suffer for up to 45 minutes.
3rd option: Firing squad, but there is a risk that the people shooting you miss on purpose to cause you a slow and agonizing death.
What option would you choose and why?

(Note: This question was inspired by a fan-fiction called "This Is How I Disappear" that you can find on the Archive of Our Own website. I didn't write the fan-fiction but I wanted to give the author credit because I got the information for the options from it.)

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:58 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

"Firing squad, hell yeah. That already happened to me once, and I got out of it just fine, and so did my eleven sisters. Well... except Chrysanthemum. Her dolly got shot." ~Jasmine, Thrallmagic

If your best friend was about to kill you, but didn't want to, what would your last words be?
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

39 Reviews

Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:26 am
LordZeus says...

"You, Bert? Haven't we saved each other's lives enough for us to not kill each other? Well, take care of the rest of us, Bert, and remember me well."

Imagine you are being held captive with your mother. Only one of you can escape, as the other has to divert the guards.Would you escape, or would you let your mother escape?

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado