z

Young Writers Society

What would your characters do?

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:44 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

"Harry, the Sun is crashing," said Vankous, sounding far more serious than he had in their ten thousand years working together.

"Come again?" said Harry, testing the waters to make sure this wasn't another elaborate prank.

"The Sun, in dimension 36 is about to hit Earth...and well, I mean I don't have to explain to you what happens in that case do I?" asked Vankous, "I'd go deal with it myself, but obviously this one needs to be handled a bit more discreetly."

Harry lets out a sigh. "Of course. The one universe where nothing happens, the actual sun has to make things hard. Get the team together."

Harry turns towards the console of their timeship. "Tachy, set course for the Solar System, Dimension 36, we have a wayward sun to catch. Timestamp, T- 4hrs before event."

"Yes, Captain."

You're character has to order ice cream in a language they aren't familiar with.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:01 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

"Icecream? Please?" Corys gestures at the sign, but receives only a blank stare in return. "Uhm. Helado? Glace? Eis?"

"I.. Sorry," he whispers. Mortified, he tries to slink out of the shop, but Nora grabs his collar and drags him back. She snatches a napkin from the counter and sketches a lopsided icecream cone, then holds up two fingers. The vendor nods.

Her grin is smug. "Easy peasy."

-

Your character is spontaneously hugged.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:43 pm
StormyZSnifter says...

Crenshaw(after being spontaneously hugged by a werewolf enthusiast) leaps backward, fluffy ears pinned back, a disgusted grimace on his face. "Get back, you animal." He takes on a fighting stance, his cloak falling open to reveal it is literally lined with throwing axes.

. . .

Your character realizes that they have a unique talent for whistling, which they can use both on the vaudeville stage or in their fight against the villain. Do they choose fame and riches, or do they take the high road to defeat the villain once and for all?
(assuming that whistling is like the villain's kryptonite)

Alright alright I realize that was a bit cruel and unusual, even for me...

Your character finds a buried chest that reads: A Curse Upon Those Whomst Seeketh The Many Riches Inside.
“It is well known that reading quickens the growth of a heart like nothing else.”

― Catherynne M. Valente, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making

"I believe in Cornpy Supremacy."

- Stormy Z. Snifter

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:45 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Beyren reaches for the lid, but Kassia slaps his hand away. He offers a sheepish grin as apology, then flinches away at her expression.

"What are you doing?" Her voice is dangerously calm. "I thought you could read. It says 'CURSE'."

"..It also says 'riches inside'."

"Curse!"

"Riches."

"NO!"

-

Your character receives a letter from a secret admirer.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:16 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Ren would put it into his pocket, pretending it was just the electric bill. Then he would go somewhere private, take it out and read it over and over again, thinking to himself it's not real, it can't be real, why would they? After that, he'd assume it was a prank, but he wouldn't find it in himself to throw it away, so he'd probably stuff it into a shoebox under his bed and leave it there. Occasionally he would think about it, and repeat the whole thought process all over again.

~

Your character is given the opportunity to name a newly discovered planet.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:32 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"I name it Hunga Bunga." - Wilson, 2022

~

Your character gets spooked by their best friend
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

542 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:08 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Golzar stared for a moment at Bryn, almost uncomprehendingly, and then she put her hand on her hip and laughed. "I didn't think you had it in you, but well played."

~

Your character finds buried treasure!
she/her

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:49 pm
View Likes
NewHope says...

“Treasure,” John screamed, “We’re going to live in a house like yours Sam?”

How your character reacts after seeing someone and almost straight away crush on them.

542 Reviews

Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:40 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Golzar would try to play it cool and brush off her feelings. She doesn't think someone with her occupation should pursue romance (and she would know, because she's tried it before and it didn't end well), so she would do her best to either avoid this person or convince herself they're just a friend or acquaintance.

~

Your character receives a gift from someone important to them.
she/her

659 Reviews

Reviews: 659
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:05 pm
View Likes
RandomTalks says...

Sara would be taken aback with this unexpected gesture. She cares for people but she clamps us when people care for her in return. She would blush and fumble and mutter thanks and say that there was no need to waste money on her. But in the back of her mind, she would start counting the money she had saved up and wonder if it would be enough to get them something as well.

-

Your character gets into an argument with a loved one.
“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. We take what we get and are thankful it’s no worse than it is.”

― Margaret Mitchell

542 Reviews

Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:40 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Golzar would probably leave the situation and take out her frustration with sword practice. She wouldn't come back unless she knew what to say to smoothen it out.

~

Your character finds a unicorn waiting for them outside their window.
she/her

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:21 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Kay gasps in delight and whispers, "A unicorn!" She quickly glances around to make sure her mother and her family's servants aren't watching, then climbs out the window and mounts the mythical creature. "Onward, to adventure!" she whoops, then mutters, "...and here's to hoping Mother won't scold me afterwards."

-

Raina eyes the unicorn. It eyes her back. "Hmph. Well, go on now, shoo. I'm not about to go prancing through the streets on a strange glittery horse anytime soon."
The unicorn snorts in annoyance, appears to roll its eyes, and finally trots off to who-knows-where. With a satisfied sniff, Raina turns back to the book she was speed-reading.

~

Your character wakes up to it raining food-- more specifically, cheeseburgers of all sizes.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

542 Reviews

Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:13 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Golzar would round up whoever is outside and get them to hide in the inn. Then she'd pick up one of the strange falling objects and examine it.

"Is this . . . food?"
~

Your character is in school and has an assignment due in a week.
she/her

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:37 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Railyn would procrastinate and then spend the entire night it was due in the library, regretting his decisions but knowing all too well he would do them again, given the opportunity.

---

Your character is a foreigner and is getting swindled when trying to buy something.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:24 am
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Hazel might be a little confused about how cons in said foreign place go differently than what he usually sees, but he’s been the person to sneakily take something he needs off someone during a heist enough times to recognize the signs when someone’s trying to get something out of him. He’d let them think he was being tricked and act very naïve, pretend to fall for whatever they’re doing, and then walk away. That swindler would think they got an easy target, but later notice that the money Hazel handed over to them is no longer in their pockets…? Also, those pockets are now mysteriously empty from the other coins they got off other people. Elsewhere, Hazel is distributing to beggars what he says is spare change. As he would say, you don’t mess with magicians, and definitely not ones who know how to pickpocket people.

-

Your character has just taken the wrong train and ended up in a city they’ve never been to and don’t know anything about.
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway