z

Young Writers Society

What would your characters do?

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue May 16, 2023 6:07 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

@Rinisha I appreciate that you keep tagging me to answer here, but I think generally, we should leave this more up to anyone to respond, y' know? Technically, this isn't just "our" thing...

That being said...

Let's say it's Jaith's dad who fell in the creek. (Currently, I do not have a name for this character) Because all three brothers (Jaith's dad, Leo, and Rushita) grew up by the creek and learned from an early age how to swim, Jaith's dad would swim to safety and arrive home sopping wet (And probably rather mad). Leo would go find Jaith's dad a new set of clothes, muttering angry insults at the friend who pushed Jaith's dad into the creek. Rushita would instantly leave the house, and go find the boy. Then, he would probably have a wrestling match, probably end up winning, and return home bloody but triumphant. His mother would probably confine him to his room for the rest of the day...

____

Your character is dared to climb up to the roof of his/her house.
Traditional Christian, ISFJ, and Infamous Quirky Cat
You are God's beautiful little being!

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Tue May 16, 2023 10:36 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

My character Asthma Man would do it with no hesitation, because he’s kooky and weird like that

~~~~~~~~~

Your character has a very distant relative that they’ve never met. One day, this relative passes away, and your character inherits a mysterious box from them.
How dare you make fun of Molly Mcgee?! That’s my job!!

—Scratch, The Ghost and Molly Mcgee

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

146 Reviews

Tue May 16, 2023 11:01 pm
Kaia says...

Jaith (Rehenowa) would grin awkwardly when he takes the box, but he'd be too creeped out to open it. He'd probably dig a hole for it and burry it. Years later, he might uncover it himself...or just tell someone else to...

___

Your character is dared to go up to a random person and tell them their deepest darkest secret.

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Tue May 16, 2023 11:04 pm
View Likes
Rose says...

Your character just found a squished dead spider on his or her plate. Which of your characters did that to who and why? And how does each character react?

When I thought of such a scene, it could only happen between Jared and Alwyn from my story called The Dark Truth.

I haven't revealed much about my characters yet, but Alwyn would be one of those friends who teases the other at every opportunity. Maybe Alwyn could have convinced Jared to go to a "dinner party" of some close agents and prank Jared there.
Alwyn is the kind of person who would probably find the spider in his house, capture it in a bottle, study it for a few hours (just stare at it while the spider goes crazy), and then bring the bottle to the "dinner party", freshly squash it, and put it on Jared's plate.
Jared, on the other hand, being a detective, would figure it out and probably replace his plate with Alwyn's, or use his detective brain a bit more and leave it on his plate and confront Alwyn at work tomorrow while dropping a huge pile of paperwork on his desk and probably saying, "Nice prank, Alwyn. But think twice next time before you do it." :D
Last edited by Rose on Tue May 16, 2023 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Think like a proton; always positive ;)

146 Reviews

Tue May 16, 2023 11:09 pm
View Likes
Kaia says...

@Rose Didn't know you had a Jared! Jed, in my book "I Knew" is short for Jared! Quick thinking with that response, I like it. :)

Anyway.

.............Reposting last topic so it doesn't get lost................

Your character is dared to go up to a random person and tell them their deepest darkest secret.

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Thu May 18, 2023 4:15 pm
foxmaster says...

Ellie (the accidental magic), would automatically punch her best friend in the face, make it seem like an accident, and then ask her why she did that really sweetly while trying to stop herself from cussing.

There's a kid in your class who's so annoying, and everyone loves insulting him. Unfortunately, he can insult the rest of your class all he wants, when you're not allowed to insult him, lest he punch you in the face.

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Wed May 24, 2023 4:41 am
Liminality says...

Ren would . . . probably reprimand or even fight this guy if he's causing problems for the rest of the class, because getting a punch to the face is really the least of his problems at this point xD

_

Your character finds out one of their friends has been replaced by a clone!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:10 am
fatherfig says...

Michael kidnaps the clone. "Kip never acted like you do you know-"

He walks over to the chair he sat them in. "Mind telling me why they aren't the one sitting in this chair- or should I think drastically?"

@sylrie
----------------------------------------------------------------

Your character finds an idiot in grave need of assistance, he's rude arrogant and on the brink of death- and he doesn't seem to believe he's worth saving.
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:55 pm
starbean says...

Everly pulls him away from the edge of the cliff, and they sit next to each other and cry.

Your character is dared by a friend to climb to the top of a redwood tree. It’s easy to climb, but very high up.
she/her————pro-life————Christian————climber of rocks, trees, and rooftops----reader of poetry, Antoine de Saint Exupery, Pam Munoz Ryan, and Anthony Doerr
"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain." -Louisa May Alcott

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:43 pm
Liminality says...

Yvonne would probably climb that tree whether anyone asked her to or not.

_

Your character has a mailbox, and the mailbox is completely swamped with letters.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault