z

Young Writers Society

The Six-Sentence Paragraph

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:07 am
Morran says...

In this activity, the writer must write a 6 sentence paragraph without repeating *any* word twice. The paragraph should make "sense" as a complete paragraph and not be just a series of sentences.

Have fun!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:30 am
Sam says...

OOK...:D

Do you like zebras? Now, speak up! Truly? I enjoy them myself. They are so easy to care for, and members of Equus rock. Endless fun-filled hours await with yourself plus a new friend.

*that was the stupidest most terrible thing I have ever written but it was fun anyway. Thanks!*
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Random avatar

Reviews: 241
Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:46 pm
Harley says...

Poland is an enjoyable place. It be a country in Europe. Cold temperatures are found there. The thermometers show low readings. They are made of glass and have mercury inside them. I enjoy liquid metals.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:53 pm
Firestarter says...

Incredibly, this paragraph has no repeated words. How great is that? Six sentences with zero repeats. Well, maybe you don't think so. But I do. Peace out.

(I'm saying 'don't' is a word, and therefore I have not repeated 'do', right? Haha)

243 Reviews

Reviews: 243
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:26 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Writing activities are cool! This is a short sentence. And yes, I love reviving old YWS threads. How’d you guess? =P Hmm, do emoticons count? Perhaps not, so here's one last string of words.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:04 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

It had been six years since dinosaurs returned to Earth. Dust clouded the atmosphere. In some parts of Asia, lava flowed freely again. A scientist, Dr. Lydia Chen, woke up with a pterodactyl laying eggs atop her house. Ridiculous but scary. After all, animal maternal instincts were fierce.

(Hope I got this right!)
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:30 am
View Likes
NewHope says...

A voice scattered through the forest in melancholy tone. Branches whipped away as if snapped and twisted. Storm clouds bundled far overhead, long staffs of lightning flaring between trees. Mice crept quietly into burrows, old owls watching intently. Suddenly, torrents of rain scratched leaves, falling clumps. So we watched from my bedroom, calling.
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:09 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

The chicken, Herschel, spun to show enthusiasm. Greeting morning-sun, "hello sky-star over-easy egg upon clouded day!" His feathers ruffled warm on wings stretched out, preparing a shriek. "Cock-a-doodle-doo!" he screamed for man and beast. Afterall, waking is best done with shrill ringing ears. Bird's job commenced, feathered eyelids drooped, beak murmuring, "goodnight sweet world, I rest now til mid-day's light."
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew