z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:41 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

You know what makes me tick? Cheese. The stupid dairy product of the world. Who needs it? It's just stupid cow milk condensed into a yellow object of total pointlessness. It just makes the world so confusing. I mean REALLY. Swiss? Cheddar? Motzerella? Who gives a crap? IT'S JUST CHEESE! Why do you need so many flavors? You can make stuff without cheese! Ham and cheese sandwiches without cheese. It would be great! A perfect world without cheese! I must destroy cheese! MWHAHAHAHA! Nay-I must Destroy all dairy products of the world! We will live on custard and camel milk! Haha! Take THAT over priced dairy marketers! I shall rule the world with a dairy free fist! MWHAHAHA! Take that cheese of pointlessness! Hmm...I believe I have gotten off track. What was this story about again? I ditto. Ninja's I think. Yeah that's it. So anyway, I was like eating some pie...
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:08 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

It was a sunny day outside when I woke up that Saturday afternoon, that day changed my life forever. -Insert dramatic music here-

:O
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:15 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Hello, my name is PinkShearwater.

;)
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

"Hello, my name is Skins and my problem is I eat penguins." The people sitting on folding chairs in a circle said together in a monotonous voice, "Hello, Skins."
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:55 pm
View Likes
TorahikoOoshima says...

I am the chosen one.
Hajimari no yokan ni, soro soro to orotoki no, doki doki suru kimochi, wasurenai yo!

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:44 pm
LookUpThere says...

"I can't tell you who I am. I can't tell you why I'm here. I can't tell you where I come from. I wish you'd all just leave me alone.
Seriously, if you want to live, you'd put the book down..."

*Proceeds to put the book down*

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:46 pm
View Likes
Velvet says...

"I woke up and it was a good day."

Just as powerful as a ball of cotton. Although I am laughing at some of the openings in here; at least they are not that bad for my health!

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:01 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

Um......
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sun May 01, 2011 5:06 am
View Likes
ilyah says...

Wow, I feel bad, I actually love some of those lines in the first post, mostly the peasant creeping one. I guess they'd be great comedy lines, but not really for good books! Anyway my line:

It was a dark and stormy night, so I found my snugglebunny, turned on the purple carebear nightlight, and snuggled under my hello kitty sheets, despite the fact that my police shift wasn't finished.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Once upon a time, far far away, lived a beeee-ootiful princess with long golden hair and eyes the colour of the sky when it's really rainy and gloomy, sort of muddy, but not really, kind of ugly.

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed May 04, 2011 11:28 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

There was a man walking through a forest. It was dark and cold. He pulled his jacket closer around him as the wind blew stronger. He was becomingworried and very, very hungry. He had to get to the place. He had to reach there before it was too late! He was getting to the forest edge and pushing past bushes when he came to...the place. McDonalds.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

Reviews: 1
Thu May 12, 2011 2:57 am
Shamrock says...

I know Kung Fu!!!

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu May 12, 2011 3:35 am
View Likes
kjr5horses says...

Once upon a time in far away kingdom it was a dark stormy night and the castle was shrouded in mist and a beautiful princess with skin as white as snow....

*Yes I am making fun of the boring over used openings!*
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 am
View Likes
TheCodex says...

I was normal before all this. Now, I'm not. Continue reading if you dare, beacuse this book may just land you in the same danger as me.

OR

Dear reader......

:shock:
I'm a high functioning sociopath, do your research!
-
"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- Jack London.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri May 27, 2011 12:46 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

And then he died.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
— William James