z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:38 am
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

^ This sounds like it would make an awesome movie. Could you imagine the explosions and big balls of lightning? Not to mention the fight scenes. It'd be as awful as Legion, though :P
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:26 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!oneoneoneone YOU ACTUALLY OPENED MY BOOK!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneoneoneoneone
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:52 pm
View Likes
Tigersprite says...

seeminglymeaningless wrote:^ This sounds like it would make an awesome movie. Could you imagine the explosions and big balls of lightning? Not to mention the fight scenes. It'd be as awful as Legion, though :P

Thank you...I guess? :?
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:44 pm
View Likes
Idraax says...

This is the first line of my story. (I hope no one thought of this one yet) or At the bend, the river curves. (I hope no one's thought of this one either.)
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:12 pm
View Likes
Actawesome says...

I'd never given much thought as to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

Topic over.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 am
View Likes
Jenthura says...

"My consciousness kicks in and I am aware."

I'm pretty embaressed of this one because I actually wrote it recently. Hate it now, though.
-ж-Ж-ж-

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:31 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

"FOget you!' i shouted to the manager as i stormed out.
i am the best person In TnhWE wORld And not a souL Can Say otherwise because i am greetness and you cant say otherwise
you may be woner ing what i was soo worked uopa About welll if you must know it is the dumbest thing!
i came to work 16 hours late. that's barely a day! and i got fired! what a prick! u understand me right! of course you do! BECAUSE I AM A FRICKING PRINCESS THAT NEEDS EVERYTHING AND I AM THE MAIN CHARACTYER AND EVERYTHING NEEDS TO GO MY WAY AND YOU AR NOW FORCED TO READ MY BOOK!!!!111
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

206 Reviews

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:36 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

Hi. i am the main character as you may know and i will go ahead and worn you about the flollowing:
Sotry mai contan:
-random changing of POV without warning
-missspelled wortds.
-crappy grammar
-unfunny jokes that everyone in the book laughs at except for you, the reader
-a, c,,o,m,,a, m,i,ss,p,la,c,e,d, a,,,,f,e,w, t,i,ime,s,
-bad puncuation and use of words
-poor life choices for characters
-steryotypes
-cliches
-and much much more!

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:25 am
View Likes
Eniarrol says...

(Insert worst story opening here)
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:32 am
View Likes
Mizzle says...

Actawesome wrote:I'd never given much thought as to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

Topic over.

This is true.
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:15 pm
View Likes
Joy Sauce says...

I am writing to tell you the tale of a certain creature -- horse-like, with alternating black-and-white stripes that change from black to white to black to white and so on, and lives in the hot and humid tropical rainforests of Greenland, along with elephants, eagles, and elks -- whom, dear reader, I like to call the zebra.

. . . :?

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:32 pm
View Likes
LastPaladin says...

Hi my name is Ebony Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that’s how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Gerard Way but I wish I was because he’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a vampire but my teeth are straight and white. I have pale white skin. I’m also a witch, and I go to a magic school called Hogwarts in England where I’m in the seventh year (I’m seventeen). I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Hot Topic and I buy all my clothes from there. For example today I was wearing a black corset with matching lace around it and a black leather miniskirt, pink fishnets and black combat boots. I was wearing black lipstick, white foundation, black eyeliner and red eye shadow. I was walking outside Hogwarts. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of preps stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.

It's the beginning of My Immortal by Ms Tara Gillespie, nothing beats this.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

206 Reviews

Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:36 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

Are you kidding? That's the best! Lol kidding. Sad thing is that I'm sort of a fan of Tara. It's just so funny. My Immortal cheers me up on a sad day. :) Her "biggest fan" XXXTaraRocksXXX does too.

~Rosey Unicorn

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:50 pm
View Likes
aszecsei says...

Ariadne stared at the blood red moon with her crystalline blue eyes. From the forest behind her, a wolf howled in impatience. But she had to pause and stare dramatically - for what, she reasoned, was life if not drama?

Or, how about:

The dagger clattered to the floor as she beheld his gravity-defying hair. "What," she began, and stopped. "How?"
When in doubt...obfuscate!

206 Reviews

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:11 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

I took a nap. I got up. I got a snack. I pet the dog. I fed the fish. I payed some bills. I went back to sleep.

~Rosey Unicorn

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore