z

Young Writers Society

Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever

Reviews: 3
Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:05 pm
Pritt says...

One sunny day, Joe's body flatulated a trace amount of odious gases. These odious gases are where our story starts.
"The next person that offers me pity will be mentioned by name in my suicide note."
- Jeff Winger

:o!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:47 am
Razzker says...

The worst possible opening line I can think of is "Once upon a time ..." but I'm pretty sure someone else would've posted it before me. :P
Check out my blog: Razztazztic!

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:12 pm
McMourning says...

Hola--that's Spanish for Hello.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:43 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hello, my name is Princess Elisabeth Estelle Dorothea Danielle de Covemar, and when I was very young, my Father, King Kieran Maurice Lukas Theodore de Lyszio, was cursed by the villainous witch, Narcissa de Blackheart, and was turned into a poor woodcutter. We now live in the woods of Vertmor, and although no one knows we are royalty, I am positive that some gallant prince will come rescue me.
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:39 pm
View Likes
ofir says...

That was a very, very good one :D
"I am Nell, a twelve year old girl from [insert small, Twilight referenced, town name] - people like to think I'm normal, but boy are they wrong - I'm actually a secret super model."
Sadly, I actually stumbled upon something like this. Shudder.
"if you were waiting for the opportune moment... that was it." - Captain Jack Sparrow

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:23 am
hero says...

Statistically speaking, someone dies every three seconds. Will the next one be you? Are you alone in your house? Are you SURE?
With that in mind, let us begin our story.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:16 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

A personal favourite from a friend of mine, "Steve's just this guy, you know? Except that everyone is trying to kill him."

- - -

The gooey liquid present on the crumpled tissue paper did not taste like apple jam the way Bertha said it would.

- - -

When no one else is around, I pretend that I am Paris Hilton and I pose sexily in my underwear for my teddy bears to see.

- - -

And I have to share some of the worst fan fiction in the world:

The door opened and Proffesor Rumbridge and Cornelia Fudge stomped out angrily. Then Dumbledum and Rumbridge sawed us.

“MR. WAY WHAT THE BEEP ARE YOU DOING!” Rumbridge shouted angrily. Dumbledore blared at her.

“Oops she made a mistake!” he corrupted her. “She means hi everybody cum in!”

- - -

The actual beginning of that story?

Hi my name is Ebony Dark’ness Dementia Raven Way and I have long ebony black hair (that’s how I got my name) with purple streaks and red tips that reaches my mid-back and icy blue eyes like limpid tears and a lot of people tell me I look like Amy Lee (AN: if u don’t know who she is get da hell out of here!).

Interested in read more of the horrors of My Immortal? Be my guest.
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 pm
Sierra says...

It was the pig that did it, but he couldn't have succeeded with out the ice cream double-fudge-apple-crisp peach-pit cherry-tomato pepperoni-pizza rotting-wood hard-tack beef-jerky pie.
What a shame,
We used to be such fragile broken things.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:48 pm
LookUpThere says...

You won't believe what I'm about to say...
... but the aliens ARE here!
... but I'm a superhero.
... but you're all in danger!
... but the earth is dying.
And of course)
... but you have to, because we're all in danger!

Anything that starts with You won't believe generally turns my eyes away. We love novels because we want to believe in something we haven't seen (Like the fact that I can be a demigod). Telling us what we can and can't do is author intrusion. It's even worse than telling instead of showing. It's just another way for the MAN to... *Never mind, I'm off track.)

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:53 am
HostofHorus says...

Alright, first let me say this thread is awesome! and niteowl has my favorites that I've seen (read the first two pages haha)
Now for mine.

Everyone hold up... I need a pencil... (The author of this horrid and boring novel of which you are about to read has got up to get a pencil. Please bare with us as he will be back soon... hopefully...) ...... (Unfortunately the author of this crappy novel we all know your loving, had to stop by the bathroom, this delay will be longer than we originally thunk.) ....... Alrighty, where were we? Oh yes, I found a pencil! Now I have one question, did you really make it to this line?

Oh yeah :)
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

Reviews: 1
Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:55 am
mikaylakk25 says...

Everything was perfect....and then I woke up.
Yes, I love him. Yes, I can never have him. Yes, I don't care.
Love can't be controlled.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

mi name iz amy jones, + mi lif woz commpletly nromal, ontil, v day i went 2 the dizco.

*Hides in corner.*

This would send me running for the hills.

*Whimpers*
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:04 am
iheartbooks says...

*Note, this would be a opening line for someone who's writing in a journal.

"My teacher says write, so I write, alot, alot more than Allen, the jerk, she also tells me I'm an excellent writer, which is why I'm writing, I really like to write, I hope you do too, because it's really fun, like, really really fun, and I could keep writing all day and night, I think you want me to too, I'm right, I know, no need to tell me, so I'm just going to keep writing, because I just love to write so much, did I mention I like to write, and write, and write, and something else my teacher says, that I'm the best person with the best grammar in her class, that makes me feel good, because the worst thing in English is seeing writing with bad grammar, especially if it's a run on sentance, you know, the ones that just go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, you know what I mean?"

Yepp, that was my attempt. Hey, that was actually kind of funn!

-iheartbooks♥
"As the hungry are deprived of food, I am deprived of sympathy for those who deprive me of my sanity." ~Anonymous

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:29 pm
Skorpionne says...

I thought of another one.

My name is Amy Johnson, and I'm the nicest person in my class. I'm also the most beautiful, I mean, seriously, I'm gorgeus. Not only that, but I'm really smart, like a genius, and I'm so modest!
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:18 pm
View Likes
Tigersprite says...

My name is Britney Courtney Angel and I have a secret: I'm a half-vampire half-angel, and I'm the only hope in the war between the vampires (one of which is my super-hot boyfriend) and the werewolves because I have superpowers which mean I'm invincible and the war was going fine until my best friend Ashley found out and told everybody in school and then I wasn't popular.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying