z

Young Writers Society

Picture -- Story

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:08 am
Tessitore says...

Moved to "Contests"
Last edited by Tessitore on Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:25 pm
niteowl says...

Naria was the beautiful Princess of the Dark. She was engaged to Olar, Prince of the Light. This was to settle the uneasy truce between the kingdoms.

Then one day, Elisa, her younger sister, went out on her balcony and saw Olar dipping Naria, looking lovingly into her eyes. His knife was inches from her throat. They screamed at exactly the same time. Naria had met her tragic end to the one she loved, yet everyone refused to believe it. Elisa tried in vain to convince her parents to declare war on the Kingdom of the Sun.

"Mother, I saw it with my own eyes! Olar killed her!"

"Gracious, Elisa, stop shouting. It must have been an ogre or something."

"Ogres don't typically use knives!"

"Well, maybe this one's an odd one out who does. Elisa I assure you, Olar had nothing to do with your sister's death."

"He had everything to do with it! If you won't do anything about it, I will." She stormed away.

Back in her quarters, she found what she was looking for. Dark Oaths of Death and Vengeance. If you wanted to kill someone, you could find the perfect way to do it in here. She had stolen it from the Royal Library, somehow knowing she might need it someday. She found the section on Vengeance and read:

The Avenger must take the weapon they shall use for avenging and quench it with their own blood. They shall then cut their hair to just above the shoulders and chant the name of the one to Avenge and the one who killed them over and over again. They shall then seek their revenge on the next full moon.

Elisa did as the instructions said. She thought about removing her earring, her symbol of loyalty to the Kingdom of the Dark, but dicided against it. She wanted Olar to know who had received their revenge. In three days, the Full Moon would shine, and Olar would die.

The Palace of Light was laughably easy to get into. She simply scaled tje East Wall and climbed a tree into the Prince's open window while he ate. Then she hid behind a curtain and waited.

Prince Olar came in and started to undress, unaware of Elisa's presence. She pounced on him immediately, her sword flying all over the place. He grabbed his sword and they slashed, both with minor wounds, neither backing off. Finally, Elisa took advantage of her small frame and speed with the sword to stab him straight in the heart. She did not escape unscathed though. With his last bit of strength, Prince Olaf did one of the worst things you could do to a princess, something that would guarantee failure in marraige settlements. He stabbed her right eye, and it would never heal.

To Elisa, it was a small price. But her family would never accept her actions. She longed for the old days, when the Dark side was pure wickedness and evil. Her ancestors would have never let an assassin live. There was still a place of true darkness in her softened world. Under the light of the full moon, she headed towards the Moonless Woods. [/i]

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:10 pm
Tessitore says...

Interesting, niteowl, very interesting. I like the story. It has a few flaws, but then again I did say "1,000 words or less" so it's not a problem. I really enjoyed it, thanks for participating *angry glare at non-participators*
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:52 pm
niteowl says...

You know what? Maybe we should get Nate to make a contest forum. I know I have a couple ideas for contests up my sleeve, and maybe more people would be motivated by a reward (I don't know, points or something). Plus a lot of these activities aren't extremely popular and might make more sense as a contest. I'm gonna go suggest it in the Suggestions thread right now.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:55 pm
Roxy says...

Good idea.

Maybe you could get a little medal in your profile of something, just to show you'd won a contest?

(Sorry if it's a bit off topic!)

~ Roxy ~
I eat losers for breakfast...

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie