z

Young Writers Society

Doggy Doo

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:08 pm
bubblewrapped says...

Instructions: This is a quick exercise that is useful for strengthening your descriptive abilities. It's also a bit of slightly twisted fun. Try it every now and then to get the words flowing.

Think of something -- an object or an action -- that is ugly or repulsive. Describe this thing in such a way that the reader will either begin to see it as beautiful or will believe that the narrator truly believes it is beautiful. Do not resort to falsehood, though. One way to manage this is to adopt the voice of a narrator who thinks each repulsive aspect of your thing is sublime.

[courtesy of About.com]
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:08 pm
bubblewrapped says...

My first attempt:

When I picked it up, it was so fresh that it slimed my hands a golden brown, and I could smell the rotten egg smell of sulphur that the faeces of living creatures always seem to produce. It was soft and moist – still warm, almost, and I rolled it over in my hands, inhaling salaciously before placing the first piece in my watering mouth.
Ah! Have you ever eaten fresh dog droppings? You have to make sure you pick the right ones, round and yielding, not crumbly, because then their nutrients have gone. At the best of times, they are always slightly crunchy on the outside, like chips, only better, because the sun quickly dries all the moisture off their palatable surface the moment they are excreted. Make sure you inhale deeply before you eat them; if they don’t have a smell, chances are they wont taste as good as they should, so you should move on and find another cluster unless you’re desperately hungry. I always find the dry ones far too hard to digest, but I know that some people enjoy those the most, so go figure. In my opinion though, it’s best to have some moisture, because then they melt in your mouth, slightly gritty, tasting of a combination of unknown flavours that all but bursts the palate. Sometimes, the best and freshest still sport a glisten of mucus on the outside, which helps them go down easier, and leaves a scraping like peanut butter on the roof of your mouth, just behind the tongue.

LMAO gross, no? But are you convinced?
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:38 am
Elelel says...

*runs off to be sick*
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:30 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Lol, brilliant! I would do this but I can't think of anything disgusting to desctribe...I will be back.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:26 am
Tara says...

OMG! That's hillarious! Ooh, I wanna try!

It lays there in the dark, dripping alleyway. Cool wind gently ruffles its grey fur, like a hand that caresses it's soft, cold body. I look at this dead rat, it's beautifull black eyes sunken to little windows that I could stare through forever and never really see what's on the other side. flies flit around him gracefully, performing the ballet that marks the peak of their existances. Once every so often a glistening white maggot will move slightly below him, moving his fragile, tiny legs and giving him the appearance of a living being. Black, stick goo, once the essence of his little life has formed a small puddle around him. Though not but a small pool of blood, staring into it I see a vast ocean, that no man could ever sale by his lonesome. I place a smal, red rosebud by his little black face, and it rolls down his silken whiskers onto the cold pavement. I say one last goodbye before leaving him to the flies and maggots. Golden sunshine creeps into the alley, casting lighht upon his tiny, lifeless figure. Perhaps one day we shall meet again.

This IS fun!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:50 pm
Nai says...

Let's see what I can do...

It's torn bloodied carcass layed loose upon the ground. The once healthy, moist, full-of-life green grass blades were now tainted with the blood pooling from the decaying animal and the dried puddles of saliva that had oozed from the predator's mouth. Only the victim's belly was torn to shreds because that was the good part; that was the part with the plentiful raw, warm, slippery meat. Flies and slimy, milky-white maggots now infested the entire body, enjoying the bounty of the heap of flesh and bones. Later on another predator came along looking for food and had smelled the fallen victim. It picked here and there at the skin and muscle still hanging from the tips of the exposed ribs. Once the entire belly was cleaned of all blood, tissue, and even organs, the animal was still hungry.

It was a National Geogrphic show where the zebra was the victim and the lion was the predator. And it was frickin' nasty.
Last edited by Nai on Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:04 am
niteowl says...

I'll give it my best shot...it's from the point of view of a dog (and yes mine have actually done this)

The human lied around in bed all day and didn't want to play with me. She did, however, give me a special treat. Last night's KFC all mixed up on the floor with some coleslaw (yuck!), some bread, and this morning's cereal. Yum! I lapped it up eagerly, savoring every drop. It had an interesting new sauce with it this time. It had an unusual yet quite pleasant aroma. And it tasted even better!

After I finished this delectable snack, I tried to kiss my human. She shrieked "EWWWW! After you ate my vomit? No way, Ginger!" I don't understand why she pushed me away. I mean, my breath was quite lovely after that rare treat.

Actually, my dogs haven't eaten human vomit, but they have tried to eat each other's and the cat's.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:22 am
Tara says...

That's so nasty! lol! How fun!
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:33 pm
Roxy says...

Ohh, that's all nasty! But fun...

Lol!

Roxy
I eat losers for breakfast...

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:43 pm
The Jesseble says...

My plate before lay empty in al its glory, with all the food vanguished from it's glossy surface. I leant back it my chair, savouring the feeling of a full stomach. A lazy smile was splashed acorss my face as I reminised the meal now passing through my digestive organs.

I could hear something, distracting me from my momentarily bliss. The crackling of saliva mingling with sound of crunching was coming from the mouth of my grandfather.

My eyes reached the source and a found myself enthralled by the sight. With each opening of his mouth, a glimpse of glistening goo could be seen squishing away. After the mouthfull was gone, he shoved in another. Biting into something new gave a new sound, a slight crunch and an exclamation of some sort. I watched as the flesh of the chicken was compressed against his teeth and rolled in his saliva, breaking down the starch into something more viscous.
His opened his mouth wider and spoke, pieces of the food flying out, seeking freedom from the doom of the stomach and the gut.
"Is there a problem?" he asked, while everything was visible to me. I nodded slightly and looked away, as if i saw nothing.

Erggh...why can't my granddad just close his mouth!?
***The Jesseble***

Cheese Hat

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:11 pm
Swires says...

The smell was savory and bitter. Just how I liked it, the yellowness had a light tinge to it when you held it up to the sun beams. Swirling it around I noticed soft flakes of somethings floating in the fluid. The fluid was thin, almost like water. Raising it up to my lips, I drank the pale yellow urine, savoring the taste in my mouth.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera