z

Young Writers Society

Writing Exercise

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:07 am
SpurYourImagination says...

A cool way to overcome writer's block is to go to www.google.com. Click where it says "Images" at the top. Type in a random word and hit enter. This will pull up a bunch of different images. Pick one of the images to write about. Start your timer for 1 minute and begin writing nonstop. No matter what you do, do not stop writing. This is a good exercise to free your mind from whatever it's worrying about and get into a more creative state. Enjoy :)
http://spur-your-imagination.blogspot.com
Spur Your Imagination--A source of ideas

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:03 am
Emozemo says...

Hey thanks a lot.That was really Nice activity to do. But you got this idea?
Hold My Hands..Let's Remember What We Share..
Understand That I know..
You Really Care..
Did You Ever Think of Me ..
As BEST FRIEND..

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 pm
niccy_v says...

I've thought of that. After typing the last word of my vamp novel i kind of ground to a halt - halfway through nano. So i went back and edited and then for 2 weeks after Nano i had HUGE writers block.

I did your google suggestion so now i have about 10 different beginnings to stories that are nothing but horrible! Ha it was fun... definitely beat writers block because the 11th i wrote about is now my current 'in progress'

I do contests when i am writers block. Even expired ones. The expired ones are great because i can just write and not care how horrible and disgusting it is. :P
Writing gives my life purpose

Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.
— Holden Caulfield