z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:58 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when an idea suddenly comes to your head when you're with your friends and you frantically ask them if they have a pen and paper while freaking them out because you've got this scary look in your eye.

yeah, been there.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:08 am
View Likes
Silent music says...

You know your a writer when you spend most of your time daydreaming about stories and writing! :D

VERY random
This is a story about a girl
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world.

In every single letter. In every single word. There will be a hidden message about a boy who loves a girl.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:45 am
View Likes
Teague says...

You know you're a writer when finding new and creative ways to kill characters is the most fun activity you can think of to do on a weekend.

You know you're a writer when you have highly specific writing rituals.

You know you're a writer when you want to throw gummy worms at everyone who put "your a writer" in this thread.

You know you're a writer when you defend fictional beings.

You know you're a writer when you forget your real life for your fictional worlds.

You know you're a writer when you spend more time discussing your characters with others than your life.

You know you're a writer when you get superstitious about the writing utensil you use.

You know you're a writer when finding new and creative ways to kill characters is the most fun activity you can think of period.

You know you're a writer when you hear voices in your head.

You know you're a writer when those voices start multiplying,

You know you're a writer when those voices start arguing.

You know you're just plain psychotic when you match all this criteria.

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:03 am
View Likes
Juniper says...

You know you're a writer when you tell people out of the blue; "Oh! I just came up with the most awesome plot line!"
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:23 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

You know you're a writer when finding new and creative ways to kill characters is the most fun activity you can think of to do on a weekend.

Story of my life, indeedeth. :wink:
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 pm
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when you spend an hour writing one day and think it's the greatest thing in the world, then come back the next and completely hate it and have to start over again.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:51 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

You're never satisfied. All work is junk and will never be anything more than that.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:22 am
View Likes
cooldude19967 says...

... you're friends start calling you a literary nerd and to defend yourself you use the more of the same large words they called you that for.
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:47 am
View Likes
Sheik says...

You know you're a writer when you start asking yourself if your character(s) were in your shoes what would they do.

You know you're a writer when you start laughing at 2:00 o'clock in the morning at a funny scene you just thought up.

You know you're a writer when you bounce on a trampoline for 15 minutes saying, "I wanna write, I wanna write, I wanna write, I wanna write, I wanna write. . . ."

You know you're a writer when you start writing just to see the words in front of your eyes.

You know you're a writer when you call your BF at 4:00 in the morning screaming "I DON'T HAVE WRITER'S BLOCK ANYMORE! YOU HAVE TO COME READ THIS! QUICK!"

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:59 am
View Likes
Bittersweet says...

Sorry if I took someone's, I only took the time to read a few.

-You know you're a writer when the littlest thing brings that soft urge and twitch in your fingers to grab a pen and pencil and write.

-You find sly ways to bring up your story and start talking about it because you love it so much.

-You like find similarities between people you know and characters you've written about.

-You constantly watch people interacting and observe so you can perfect your dialogue.

-You get excited when your Language Arts teacher announces a creative writing assignment.

-You fall in love with your own character... coughLiamcough. Ahem. Sorry. Throat thing.
Last edited by Bittersweet on Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:03 am
Bleeding Rose says...

You know your a writer when all you talk about is the story that you are writing

You know that you are a writer when your teacher takes up you "Handy Dandy Notebook" and you sneek it back and continue writing.

You know you a writer when you kiss your pencil thanking it for writing down the words that you thought of.

You know your a writer when you stay up all night writing, throwing away, writing, throwing away, and continuosly saying "I got it!" and "Eh, in the trash you go".

You know you a writer when you stay on YWS when you are suppose to be doing homework.

You know your a writer when you fantasize real life in your books.

You know your a writer.....when your me!
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:45 am
View Likes
KailaMarie says...

Hahahahaha. I love this thread. I'm sad to say I can relate to almost all of them!!

You know you're a writer when:

you hear a new word and you must find out what it means and how to spell it.

you see an interesting looking person and you make up your own character for their appearence.

you get mad at people when they try to talk to you when you're in the middle of an intense scene.

you steal dialogue you "overhear" cougheavesdropcough to use in your new story.

one little thing you see or hear or notice makes you rush to some sort of writing utensil and paper and write a random scene.

you can't stop thinking about that one character until you write a whole profile for him/her.

Ok, I think that's all I got for now.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:54 pm
View Likes
Sheik says...

You know you're a writer when you start acting out intense scenes between your characters in your room late at night.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:03 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

You know you're a writer when you start talking about a character and people stop you and say, "Wow! How did you meet that person?" And, upon explaining your characters' motives, you accidentally forget to explain that your characters aren't actually real.

Not that this has ever happened to me... >.O
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:25 pm
View Likes
gyrfalcon says...

you mentally re-write chapters you read in books

Preach it!

You know you're a writer when you randomly and inexplicably burst out asking everyone around you for a synonym for a word you've already used so that you can get on with writing the scene!

You know you're a writer when people say, "Oh, that's nice," when you tell them what it is you do.

You know you're a writer when you want to strangle said people, if only for using such an uncreative word as 'nice.'
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
— Lyndon B. Johnson