Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:35 am
AlfredSymon says...

You know how to write

Everyone is a writer, we just have different levels, strengths & weaknesses, goals & aspirations and the amount of love we have for writing.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:50 am
stargazer9927 says...

You know you're a writer when you what if your own life and then make it into a story. Also, you can't read a book without putting it down every five minutes to finish the next part in your head before you actually read it :)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm
View Likes
Starhunter says...

.... everyone you meet becomes a character in a story, and it can be really difficult not to analyze them for motives and traits!
.... you're really excited after seeing a movie, even though you hated it, because you can use something in it for a story idea. And you can't stop going on about how dumb it was, but you liked it anyway, for that.
.... you've got Word pretty much memorized...
.... you constantly ask people about what they think word x exactly conotates
.... you can devise really cunning ways to kill people... then feel sad and want to take it back when it works
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it!
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:49 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

when you're the fastest typer in your class
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

374 Reviews

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:57 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

when the two worst sins your friend has ever committed against you were
1) Spoiling the end of a book you were reading and
2) Reading the Inheritance books out of order
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

Reviews: 3
Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:05 pm
View Likes
Rava100 says...

You know you're a writer when....you refuse to watch a movie until you read the book on which it was based.
The best things in life happen in the margins. -Zack Harris

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:52 am
View Likes
emilybrodo says...

when you narrate your own life. Yes, I do this.
“There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

The game

Free reviews here

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 am
zohali93 says...

you know you're a writer when all you think about are the good books you've read and you like to change the strory in your mind or continue it.it's like watching a movie in your head.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried? (29:2)

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 am
klotrox16 says...

When you see a very low-rated movie full of cliches and an overused storyline and rewrite in your head scene-by-scene to make it unique and interesting
In memory of 1411

374 Reviews

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 am
View Likes
tgirly says...

When everyone you see is in danger of becoming part of your next story.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 am
View Likes
confusnow says...

.:Elf:. wrote:You know you're a writer when you are the first person people ask for a pen, because they know you all ways have one with you.

One girl said she wanted me to follow her around school so she could use the pencils in my hair. (Yes, hair)

Lucinda wrote:You know you're a writer when...

You have resorted to writing down key plot points on your arms, hands, feet, etc. for lack of something else to write on.
You are sure you're able to recommend any type of person any type of book.

My mother constantly tells me that I need a much lower percentage of ink on my arms.

Anijumper wrote:You know you're a writer when...

You get an "A" on a paper and then complain about how you're not satisfied with how it came out and people look at you like you're crazy and they're like "You got an A, how can you not be satisfied with your paper?" You try to explain how it's not about the grade but the actual writing and again they look at you like they're concerned about your mental health.

And teachers too. I can get a 99%, and go back and agonize over it for a week.

Chloe(: wrote:You know you're a writer when you're English homework is 10 times the length of everyone else's (happens all the time)

We wrote short stories. One day in class she read out everyone else's. The next day she read mine. *sighs*

time_fox wrote:You know you are writer when...
...You have more then three stories going on at the same time.
...You can write for hours non-stop.
...You can write with both hands just in case you other hand gets tired.

*sighs* Yes, yes and yes.

Monki wrote:-You know you're a writer when you are told that you have to write an essay/research paper/the like, and you're the only one who goes, "YUSSSSS!!!!!!!", while the rest of the class looks at you like you're on some sort of medication.

-You know you're a writer when, even though she's not your teacher anymore, you still like to talk to/hang out with your Creative Writing teacher from a previous year, and you still have her read your writing and bounce ideas off of her every now and again - which she also does in return. xD (Okay, so this probably only pertains to me... Because I tend to hang out with people that aren't my age--more like three times my age, but still. She's awesome.)

They don't any more! Monki, you are not the only one.

Rosey Unicorn wrote:You know you're a writer when you use semicolons in your class notes.

So then, everyone doesn't?

Lauren2010 wrote:You know you're a writer if you sat here and read this entire thread so you could see how every single one of these things is true and applies to your life.

I didn't just read all thirty pages, what are you talking about? *cough, look nervously around for witnesses.*

Banango Cheesecake"
You can sit for hours staring at the wall, making people think your brain shut down when you're actually thinking about the new plot that just occurred to you or talking to the new character who appeared out of the blue.

You feel like banging your head on the wall if you can't write anything.[/quote]
Several times actually, for both of them.

[quote="foxfire wrote:
you're a writer when your mom say "IS this writing for school?"

So you quickly say, "Yes," and change the subject.

Bokkaku wrote:You laugh when someone complains about a 500 word assignment.

My grade nine class complains about descriptive paragraphs.

J. Wilder wrote:I sometimes wonder if I'm the only writer who much preferred math.

No.

roon wrote:You know you’re a writer when:
When you meet new people you pretend to be one of your characters just for fun.
You’re struggling to find a post that doesn’t fit you on this thread.
You wake up from a dream just so you can run and write it down, but are tripped up by a pile of books.
You try to negotiate more words for your essay, not less.

The first one I do too much. The second was actually amazing. If I owned a laptop, every single post would apply to me. The third; in the process, I forgot the dream. For the fourth one, my English teacher is understanding.

narniafreak12 wrote:-you sit for hours thinking of the one word that's escaped your mind to finish the sentence.
-everyone says your good at writing and you still think you stink because nothing came out right.

For number one, there is always one word that has to escape. The second, well, I'm right.

fireheartedkaratepup wrote:You know you're a writer when:
you plan out conversations with real people that you never actually have. (?)

Yes, that's me.

You know you are a writer when:
1. sometimes in the middle of the day, you realise that your character has been following you all day.
2. you start this thread, but then have to grab a piece of paper to write down all the things you are planning on posting once you finish reading every single one.
3. you read a book on how to read faster three times, and it only took half an hour.
4. you read all of the signatures on all the posts, checking for story starters.
5. your English teacher lets you zone out in her class because you can make it up no problem and will probally come back after some mad dash of haistly scribbled words.
6. you didn't know what you would do if you lost your hands and couldn't write, so now you can write with your toes.
7. you are talking or writting and you will start using another language.
Example: "Mom, can I go to the pool avec ma grandmere et Arikia and Zyrisa?"
8. you actually went through and read every single post.
We count the bad things in life because it's a number we can manage

We don't count the good things because the number would be too big for comprehension

If I had something to say...
I'd tell someone else.
:)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:35 am
View Likes
Ikerot says...

You have a sudden idea and you have a writing pad near you so you end up ignoring everything around you and start writing it down.
"Good begins with evil, and evil is here to stay." - From The Sovereign

374 Reviews

Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:07 am
tgirly says...

When, while watching the last Harry Potter movie, you start crying because you're thinking about how incredibly sad it must be for J.K. Rowling that it's completed now.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:01 pm
View Likes
justine94 says...

When you stand in the shower, planning out a whole imaginary scene in your own life, using a script form.
When you talk to yourself and think in an accent that resembles no specific one. (oh wait, is that just me?)
When writing a 'note' really means a whole page...on a good day.
When you are willing to prop yourself up on one elbow, holding a dying flashlight in one hand and a pencil in the other.
When you nit-pick other people's grammar and spelling on Facebook...:)
When you get mad at your brother for writing a one-sentence thank you note to someone.
When you can write two 500+ word papers in less than three hours, and get 100% on both of them. :D
Anakin: I HATE YOU!
Obi Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you...

Reviews: 0
Tue May 29, 2012 8:05 am
View Likes
VitaBella says...

When your friends tell you to stop using "Big" words. And then you correct them by saying, "Expansive vocabulary."

When you write (type) down random, short sentences that would be utter nonsense to anyone but you.

The bigger the issue, the smaller you write. Remember that. You don’t write about the horrors of war. No. You write about a kid’s burnt socks lying on the road. You pick the smallest manageable part of the big thing, and you work off the resonance.
— Richard Price