z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:46 pm
View Likes
Spirrus says...

You know you're a writer when you are on youngwriter'ssociety.com, on this very thread and continuously refreshing the page. It is also 4 AM.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

you've driven yourself into this self-prefected, delusional world of preciseness with your writing. Yet, while you're constantly annoyed, you're still writing.

Snap, Sam!
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:17 pm
View Likes
dragnet says...

Wow. Lots of ways to be a writer. LOVE IT!!!

You know your a writer when...

Your writing a story to go with your favorite song

You find your notebooks covered in words that are not relivent to what you were (supposed) to be taking notes on in school

You imagine yourself as the main character to your favorite book

You look at things from your main characters point of veiw so your best friend no longer knows you

You listen to conversations where people say, "I stayed up til midnight talking to my boyfriend" and you say "I sayed up all night writing a story

You easily win the See How Many Hours You Can Read Contests at school

You stub your toe on a very large stack of books on your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night

You dedicate your weekends to orangizing your books alphabeticly authors last name first, then spend the rest of your time reading every single one

You have bractically bought Barns And Nobel

Your Christmas list reads:
1. Books
2. Books
3. Books
4. Notebooks
5. Book gift cards

That is all that I have for now
Many ask me if I see the glass as half full or half empty. Well, I don't know about you, but I see the glass as, WHO DRANK HALF OF MY MILK?!?!?!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:07 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You know your a writer when Chapters sends you a Christmas gift and a thank you card for being a good customer.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:48 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

You know you're a writer when you really want to find the right words to describe the smell of bathwater, so you turn on the faucet and spend three minutes sniffing it until you get water in your nose.
Unfortunately I am the idiot that attempted this.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:58 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

You know your a writer when you don't like writing essays because everything is point blank information. (I'm not good at making things subtle, but I don't like making it so obvious.)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:42 pm
View Likes
lyrical_sunshine says...

When you look at your last post on this thread and realize how ungrammatical it was. *is frustrated*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:00 pm
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

I was thinking the same thing, Lyrical.

You know you're a writer when words sometimes just flow through you and you can't stop them. :)

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:00 am
View Likes
lilymoore says...

You know your a writer when you find yourself rewriting the dialogue on the tv show your watching, even if its 3 in the morning and you've been at it sense 4 that afternoon.

ps. I really have no life.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:28 am
View Likes
1dering at stars says...

You know you're a writer when your friends ask, "What's up?" and your answer is simply, "Guess."

You know you're a writer when your stomach rumbles and you think, "The monster prepared to spring, a low growl issuing from it's gaping jaws...."

You know you're a writer when you jump up and scream after looking up and actually seeing that monster reflected in the window.
Of course it's happening in your mind, but why on earth should that mean it isn't real?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:28 am
View Likes
POTAFan1973 says...

dragnet wrote:Wow. Lots of ways to be a writer. LOVE IT!!!

You know your a writer when...

Your writing a story to go with your favorite song

You find your notebooks covered in words that are not relivent to what you were (supposed) to be taking notes on in school

You imagine yourself as the main character to your favorite book

You look at things from your main characters point of veiw so your best friend no longer knows you

You listen to conversations where people say, "I stayed up til midnight talking to my boyfriend" and you say "I sayed up all night writing a story

You easily win the See How Many Hours You Can Read Contests at school

You stub your toe on a very large stack of books on your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night

You dedicate your weekends to orangizing your books alphabeticly authors last name first, then spend the rest of your time reading every single one

You have bractically bought Barns And Nobel

Your Christmas list reads:
1. Books
2. Books
3. Books
4. Notebooks
5. Book gift cards

That is all that I have for now

Believe it or not most of those I can say are true for me. Thats actually my Christmas List. lol That and cds or DVDs. I love books and music. Music is my first love though. Great list. :)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:51 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

you've masterfully adopted the skill -- or flaw as it so has it -- of lying on cue. Even "white" lies, you're so adapt of "making stuff up from the top of your head" when confronted, you're able to spill out a reasonably acceptable story, and they believe it!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:05 am
View Likes
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

^^Ooh, that's a good one!

One that goes along with that one is... You know you're a writer when you watch movies/tv and when the main character lies about something, you can make up one totally better right on the spot that would probably get them off the hook in the first place. Then scream at the tv each time they say that stupid unoriginal lie again.
Or is this just me?
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:02 pm
View Likes
CastlesInTheSky says...

One that goes along with that one is... You know you're a writer when you watch movies/tv and when the main character lies about something, you can make up one totally better right on the spot that would probably get them off the hook in the first place. Then scream at the tv each time they say that stupid unoriginal lie again.
Or is this just me?

Nope. Story of my life, Silver. :wink: I get angry at the television on a regular basis.
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 am
View Likes
The Cheshire Cat says...

You know you're a writer when...

...the letters on your keyboard have been worn away from constant use.

...you family officially thinks you're insane after walking in on you yelling at your characters twice in the past three days.

...at night you hook yourself up to an IV of coffee. Extra caffeinated.

...you don't need drugs to get high. Just a pen and paper.

...no matter how late it is, or how close you were to falling asleep on a school night after hours of lying away, you will still turn on the light to jot down the two lines of dialogue that you love now, but will probably end up scrapping later.

...rabid flying monkies could not drag you away from your writing when your on a roll
Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James Bond: Do you expect me to talk?
Goldfinger: No Mister Bond, I expect you to die!

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown