z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:33 pm
yusraali says...

When you're walking down the street or bumping into an old friend or going to the toilet and you think of an amazing character that could develop into a story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:58 am
View Likes
Mea says...

When your parents tell you that when you were little and you would be playing with dolls or something you would narrate everything that happened like a book, including the "he saids," and "she saids." (No joke, according to my parents I actually did this.)

When the questionable grammar of the "he/ she saids" above irritate you, but you can't think of a better way to put it.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:13 am
View Likes
CuriosityCat says...

You know you're a writer when.... the teacher says "Write a quick summary for homework" and suddenly, it's 12 pages and 3 hours later, and you have written a new novel on the subject.

(Honestly, this happens to me so often it isn't even funny.)
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:34 pm
Firepower13 says...

You know that you're a writer when every time you go out, you're searching for inspiration EVERYWHERE.
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

53 Reviews

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:14 am
View Likes
CuriosityCat says...

You know you're a writer when you read through a novel and make a note of every grammar and spelling mistake you find.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:00 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

...When people catch you muttering lines of character dialogue to yourself in dramatic voices.

Guilty as charged, folks. :D

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:28 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

...when you always have ink smears on your fingers.

...when your finger that supports the pen when you write has developed a bump.

...when you read stories written by your school buds and mates and your mind is full of ideas of how you much better that story would have turned out if you were the one writing it.
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:44 pm
View Likes
WaltzingDreams says...

.....When your friends ask you to make a fanfic where they ship themselves with their crushes.

.....When you stop the urge to correct your test paper's grammatical structures.

.....When it's suddenly the end of the world when your pen magically disappears.

:mrgreen:
"I believe I am--just a little bit--indecisive."
"You're mad."
"Name me a writer who isn't."

Don't be shy and ask for a Waltzing Review. :mrgreen:

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:10 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

@CuriosityCat

You know you're a writer when you read through a novel and make a note of every grammar and spelling mistake you find.

This is like so me... It's like I find a pot of gold every time I see a published book with a grammar error. I especially revel when I find a contraction mishap.
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

53 Reviews

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:24 am
View Likes
CuriosityCat says...

@ThereseCricket
UNLEASH the Inner Editor! XD

Some times I find myself whispering to my books when I put them down. Things like "Don't worry, I won't be gone long." or "I'm just getting a snack, wait a second."

— Misha Collins

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:51 am
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

ComicalCrafty wrote:...When people catch you muttering lines of character dialogue to yourself in dramatic voices.

Guilty as charged, folks. :D

This is so me, when I'm trying to work out a conversation to include.

When you watch Catching Fire and all you can think about are the themes. I overthink/over-analyse everything.
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 pm
carbonCore says...

I'll know when I'm a writer when I sell my work and use the money to pay my gas bill. Up until then, I'm a pretender at best.
_

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:29 am
Alpha says...

carbonCore wrote:I'll know when I'm a writer when I sell my work and use the money to pay my gas bill. Up until then, I'm a pretender at best.

...well, that put an end to the thread O:

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

When you watch a documentary about all the other spectrums of light and what you can see with them and all the things that are too small or happen too slowly or too quickly for us to see, and all you can think about is how this applies to the magic system in your novel.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:51 pm
Evander says...

When if you don't have your notebook near you, and want to write, you suddenly become very irate and not the nicest person to be around.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
— Tony Dorsett