z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:02 pm
View Likes
ArcticMonkey says...

You know you're a writer when all you think about is a fictional character that you craeted.

p.s. I know it's lame
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:59 pm
View Likes
Hydey says...

When you narrorate what you do everyday in your head, when you create characters as you daydream, you set up scenerios in your mind and think of how your new character would handle it, when you are in the shower and all you can think about is what will happen next in your story, when in your dreams your characters seem real, and finally, when you BELIEVE your characters are true people and you love them :D .
“Take one fresh and tender kiss
Add one stolen night of bliss
One girl, one boy, some grief,
some joy Memories are made of this.”
Johnny Cash

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:37 am
Ranger Hawk says...

You know you're a writer when you'd rather spend time with your own characters than other people because they're just so much easier to be around.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat May 01, 2010 2:30 pm
Rosendorn says...

GryphonFledgling wrote:
You know you're a writer when you have to write things out in order to make sense of them.

You know you're a writer when you can scribble down several disjointed sentences in random order and be able to recall an entire story from them.

You know you're a writer when you can write down a handful of disjointed words and be able to recall an idea from them.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Mon May 03, 2010 10:33 am
View Likes
Yuriiko says...

You know you're a writer when you can't write without an inspiration.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

Reviews: 2
Tue May 11, 2010 2:01 am
JPC5 says...

You know you're a writer when you skip doing your English journal to draw a map of a made up world you created.

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Wed May 12, 2010 9:35 pm
View Likes
ultraviolet says...

OK, I didn't read all of them, so if I'm copying them, I'm sorry.

-You know every single synonym to "nice", "bad", "drop", "walk", "talk", and so on because you look in your thesaurus so much, even though you have a word that works, because you need a word that is amazing--ahem, spectacular.

-You bought a book on punctuation and read it for fun. *guilty*

-Facebook posts make you cry--or want to.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu May 27, 2010 1:57 am
Rosendorn says...

You know you're a writer when, as you clean your room, you discover more pens than you thought you owned.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Thu May 27, 2010 3:34 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:You know you're a writer when, as you clean your room, you discover more pens than you thought you owned.

You know you're a writer when you hoard even pens that have run out of ink.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon May 31, 2010 8:34 pm
Skorpionne says...

You know you're a writer when you start to prefer books and writing to people.

You know you're a writer when you have a nightmare, and carry it on in your head, adjusting it to make it a better story.
(I've actually done that.)
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:37 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Skorpionne wrote:You know you're a writer when you have a nightmare, and carry it on in your head, adjusting it to make it a better story.
(I've actually done that.)

Haha I've done that too!

You know you're a writer when you're talking and you suddenly say in the middle of your sentence, "Hang on! That'd be great in my book!"
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:57 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

You know you're a writer when you can relate to the posts on this thread.
You know you're a writer when you talk to your characters.
You know you're a writer when you bore the crap out of your parents or anyone about your story...guilty as charged for that one.
you know you're a writer when the person beside you leaves the room and left behind a paper they wrote and it is FULL of errors. You attempt to resist the urge to edit but you grab their pencil and edit the paper. Then you leave a note saying
"sorry, (name of the person I did this to) I couldn't help myself but edit."
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:55 pm
Razcoon says...

Wow. I relate to practically everything here. Especially the narrating my life in my head thing. Haven't read all of em, so sorry if someone said these!
-------------------------------------------------

You know you're a writer when in your head you change things in every book you read to improve it.

You know you're a writer when you fall asleep writing something or adding onto your story, then wake and immediately keep thinking where you left off.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:31 pm
Kaedee says...

You know you're a writer when you go into my recent documents and all that you see are MS Word documents (your stories).
Perfect things in life aren't things.
Spoiler! :
*_______*

Random avatar

Reviews: 254
Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:03 am
View Likes
mikedb1492 says...

You know you're a writer when your best friend is named Pencil, your second best friend, who is oh so close to being number one, is named Paper, and you are also well-acquainted with their comparably young cousins K. E. Board and a miss Mai Crow Softword.

Oh, and if you write stories as well. Otherwise you may just be an artist too cheap to buy photoshop.
Trying to get to heaven without Jesus is like climbing to the summit of Mount Everest naked. You die before it happens.

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison