View Likes
ColleenTremain says...

You know when you're a writer when all you do is write on your spar time

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:34 am
View Likes
AubrielRose says...

You know you're a writer when it becomes obvious that your friends don't understand how your mind works, and never will.

There's a whole other world going on inside your head.

You are constantly trying to uncover reasons for the actions of others, and your own actions.

You find yourself predicting the entire life story of another person.

You get so lost in your writing that it is literally almost impossible to stop.

Your whole life is like one long, finely written novel.

You know you're a writer when writing, for you, isn't a hobby... it's a disease.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:51 pm
View Likes
firepen says...

1. You would rather talk to the voices in your head than the person sitting next to you
2. You know the libary's phone number off by heart but not your own mobile number
3. Some of the letters on your keyboard are completely worn off
4. You have a favourite pen that nobody else can touch
5. Books are your favourite smell
6 If you could meet anyone in the world, it would be your favourite author
7. You eat macaroni cheese all week because you spent all your money on books
8. Your/you're errors drive you crazy
9. You named your laptop
10. You would rather write than go out

Source: cafe press. This is so true!
Please have a look at my website: www.firepen.webs.com!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:03 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

you know you're a writer when your idea of a 'good time' or 'friday night' is a trip to the library
you know you're a writer when your in the shower and you all of a sudden stop, take the shaving cream and smear it over your glass shower wall, then draw diagrams and pictures with your finger to create what you are thinking about. and then are proud of it.
you know you're a writer when you spend 45min-3hours at a time at the library drifting around looking at books and the pile of books you pick out constantly grows grows
you know you're a writer when people look at the bile of books in your hand before they look at your face
you know you're a writer when the check out people at the library smile when they see you with that ginormous pile and say 'reading light again, are we?'
you know you're a writer when you realize your friends have been trying to get your attention for the past ten minutes
you know you're a writer when you realize class ended twenty minutes ago and everyone has gone home already
you know you're a writer when your keyboard is missing letter tiles
you know you're a writer when telling your friends about a story idea becomes a full blown out rant with full body movement and extreame expressions
you know you're a writer when you can stare at a wall and can still be entertained
you know you're a writer when you are sitting by yourself in your room explaining your story idea to no one in particular
you know you're a writer when you adopt characters from other stories ^^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

28 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:22 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

you know you're a writer when you are currently reading 5 diffrent books, going over 3 diffrent story ideas in your head, and still have room for one more
you know you're a writer when the kids in your class look at the pile of 4 books in your hands and say 'which one are you reading?' and you say 'all of them' and in shock they say 'you read 4 books at the same time?!' and you reply 'No, I have 4 more in my backpack. Oh! and I accidentally left two at home.'
you know you're a writer when you can read more than one book and still are able to follow each plot line and not mix them up
you know you're a writer when you are playing a video game and all of a sudden start crying because the new character you came up with is so beautiful and awesome and are still able to keep playing while developing thier world
you know you're a writer when you play a video game and your brother shouts at you 'Skip the cut scenes! they're useless!' and smack the back of his head and say 'SHH! Good plotline.'
you know you're a writer when you're in class reading an old story like Rappaccini's Daughter (by Nathaniel Hawthorne) and understand it and love it while the rest of the class is like 'what the heck is this?!'
you know you're a writer when, with said situation above, after you're class has moved past the story, you go back and read it over and over again ^^
You know you're a writer when with books and fictional TV series you are watching you try to predict what happens next, who is who, who dies, and who ends up with who, . . . and you're right ^^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

28 Reviews

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:26 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

you know you're a writer when it's late at night and you're tapping out your story on your laptop and the 'low battery' sign flashes on your screen and you curse as you try to plug in your laptop while simultaneously tring to keep writing your story so you won't mess up the flow.
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 pm
ColleenTremain says...

You know your a writer when you stay up until 3 the next day writing a story and you can't do anything with out writing first thing when you wake, before you go to bed, before during and after meal times.

28 Reviews

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:27 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know you're a writer when you look at these posts and laugh thinking 'Oh my gosh, that's so true ^^'
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:56 am
View Likes
firepen says...

I know, I keep reading them thinking yep...yep....yep....yep, they are ALL totally right!
Please have a look at my website: www.firepen.webs.com!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 am
View Likes
BrooklynWriter says...

you know you're a writer when...
...you can't get enough of this thread.
...you have an obsession with office supplies and/or, the office supply aisle
...you spend hours in your room writing.
...you're more worried about getting writer's block than catching the flu.
...you go to the mall, you are more interested in looking for new story ideas than the latest trend.

28 Reviews

Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:07 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know your a writer when after reading a bad book with a terrible ending, you throw it across your room then start shouting at it all the reasons why it was terrible.
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 am
View Likes
Nook says...

You know you're a writer when all everyone sees in an interesting character is "Oh, she's awesome!" and all you think is "Wow, I could make her so much better!"

You know you're a writer when you can read 10 books at the same time, with all of their plotlines being in differents eras and different circumstances, and still remember them clearly.

You know you're a writer when you look at a movie and pick out the mix-ups in a plot and complain about the number of lines a character has instead of just fawning over the cute guys.

You know you're a writer when everyone in your class complains that you still write when Summer's started and keep on going, ignoring them.

You know you're a writer when your best friend marvels at the amount of novels you've stuffed under your desk in school.

You know you're a writer when you read a novel discreetly during class and still not get caught.

You know you're a writer when you love to learn new words and their meanings.

You know you're a writer when you get a name in your head and start making a backstory to go with the name.

You know you're a writer when you complain about how cliche stories are nowadays.

You know you're a writer when everyone else wonders how the hell you can understand Pride and Prejudice when everyone else can't.

You know you're a writer when your teacher marvels at your 30 page essay that infact, was only supposed to be 2.

You know you're a writer when you turn your most vivid dreams into a novel.

You know you're a writer when you want to turn a manga you're drawing into a novel.

You know you're a writer when you love the crazy, complicated plotlines.

You know you're a writer when writing to you, comes as easily as second nature.

And you know you're a writer when you can pick out the slightest mistakes in a well-known novel such as...Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and critize the author, even though you know it's the publishing company's fault.

You know you're a writer when you started reading novels so much that your French teacher started worrying about your social life.

You know when you're a writer when you spend 10 hours thinking up of different variations to start a chapter.

You know you're a writer when you start writing stories in your head, literally.
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:58 am
creativityrules says...

You know you're a writer when you always keep a spiral notebook and a pen beneath the driver's seat of your car so you can write down anything that comes into your mind.
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

28 Reviews

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:15 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

You know your a writer when you can't stop writing on this thread ^u^

You know your a writer when you jump at the chance to go on errands with your parents cause they always have the car radio on and it helps with your story line ^u^

You know your a writer when you listen to music and in your head your playing an awesome montage of moments from your story in tune with the music ^u^

You know your a writer when you hear voices in your head whispering of story lines and names for characters and are not scared for your sanity ^u^

You know your a writer when you look at what I wrote just above and answered 'What sanity?' ^u^
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:37 am
tgirly says...

You know you're a writer when, once you're head hits the pillow, you aren't getting up if the house burnt down, but you'll still roll over, feel around for your note pad, and scrawl your latest idea in the dark.

when you watch a movie made from your favorite book, and you start crying because they messed up the plot line so bad.

when other kids are begging their parents to go to the beach or the mall, you're nagging you mom to take you to the library.

when you've googled maps of Egypt, how to un-dislocate a shoulder, and how to make a homemade bomb. (No one will tell you.)

when being without your notebook and/or novel is a cruel form of torture.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting.
— John Green