z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:59 pm
View Likes
Aindrilar12 says...

You start imagining every next page of the book you are reading.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:09 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

You get inspiration from conversations that have nothing to do with writing.
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:29 pm
View Likes
Remington38 says...

Your probably on the FBI watch list for the weird stuff you look up for writing purposes. Like "how long does it take for someone to die if they were to get stabbed in the neck artery?"
Proud Reader of Banned Books

Answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42

Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.
Cesar Cruiz

Pluviophile- a lover of rain; someone who finds joy/peace of mind on rainy days.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:23 pm
View Likes
TheOneNamedZoe says...

Even techno gives you plot ideas for a completely different time era.
.... That doesn't work, does it. :/

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:07 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Your instinctive reaction to hearing a song is to figure out which character of yours it relates to.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:19 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

If you write fanfiction then you get ticked if someone won't read it just because it's fanfiction.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 pm
PickledChrissy says...

When you try to figure out how you would describe the sidewalk. I still can't decide if it is a dirty white, or light gray. And then you have to think about how to describe the cracks running out from the tree branch...
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:24 am
Cathe993 says...

When everything around you becomes an object for observation, every conversation a way to find things for your characters to say, every person on the street a potential character-image, every circumstance and incident...

Reviews: 3
Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:16 pm
Oniichansbunny says...

You know you are a writer when you can't stop writing, you just need to write or at least think about the plot, the characters, the scene. And you won't stop until you feel like your work is good enough. It is when your purpose is not just for fun but to give people a mindblow story or lesson for life. I believe that deep inside all writers want to affect the reader's mind in somehow, like teaching them something or gift them the unforgettable stories.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:14 am
View Likes
TheStormAroundMe says...

You know you're a writer when you write scenes in your head instead of sleeping at night.

You know you're a writer when you mentally write out scenes for the TV shows you're watching.
“La giraffa ha il cuore lontano dai pensieri. Si è innamorata ieri, e ancora non lo sa.” - Stefano Benni

TheStormAroundMe

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:33 am
View Likes
sweetrapturedlight says...

You know you're a writer when your characters are better friends than your real friends and it physically pains you to be away from them for an extended period.

You know you're a writer when you try to make every song match up to your story, no matter how unrelated it is.

You know you're a writer when you practice drawing specifically so you can draw your characters because no one else will draw them for you.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:17 am
Basil says...

You know you're a writer when you look at the teeny-tiny details of a person, their features, their mannerisms, and wonder how you'd describe them on paper as one of your characters.

You know you're a writer when you see a beetle struggling to cross the vast distance of the living room floorboards, and suddenly you have an entire galaxy with several sub-plots matching up with a main plot and characters that seem to just fit in that world, and you're sitting there going, "I was just looking at a beetle, oh my gosh brain!"

You know you're a writer when you try to put eloquent words in your everyday vocabulary, just to mess with people. Then you give them a deadpan expression after they ask what the words means. Well, it was your own damn fault for using that word!
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:29 am
View Likes
GoldenQuill says...

You know you're a writer when you've spent the last five hours looking up different names in different languages, Googling variants of words, and plugging random words into Google Translate to see if you can find something (anything) you can use.
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:58 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

You know you're writer when you actually sit down and have the dedication to finish a story or poem.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:35 am
View Likes
Featherstone says...

You know you're a writer when someone says a word and you start thinking up all the various synonyms to it. You also know you're a writer when you spend all night reflecting on one nonchalant, unimportant sentence and how you could have phrased it with better grammar, description, clearer, more concise, and poetically.
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

Have a biscuit, Potter.
— Professor McGonagall