Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

Reviews: 3
Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:17 am
View Likes
CookieNinjaBread says...

"Oh you write? Can I see it?"
Uhhh..
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:39 am
View Likes
BellaRoma says...

When your chosen subjects are: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology... a-and then a free space.
I know! I'll take English Lit XD
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:14 am
View Likes
MooCowPoop says...

When you offer to edit people's essays...

For free.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am
View Likes
Pompadour says...

When you see this thread (shiny thread!) and type an answer on it, and attempt to come up with a good enough reason as to why you write in the first place.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:53 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

When you're at the mall or some public place and you start people watching and you come up with entire back stories for the people you see.
~Sun Goddess~

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:01 pm
View Likes
CuriosityCat says...

You know you're a writer when you start ranting at your siblings' kiddy TV shows because the plot is absolutely terrible and there is NO character development I mean OH MY GOSH SERIOUSLY YOU CALL YOURSELF EDUCATIONAL.
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:34 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

You know you're a writer when you see- for example- a rock, you come up with a plot, thirty-two characters, a death scene/ love scene, antagonist/ protagonist, and at least six books about that character that could die >.>... annnd you might enjoy it
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:17 pm
View Likes
deleted21 says...

BellaRoma wrote:When your chosen subjects are: Biology, Chemistry, Psychology... a-and then a free space.
I know! I'll take English Lit XD

:P Correct!

I think, you're a writer when you keep doubting on the fact that whether you are a writer! >.<

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:32 pm
View Likes
MooCowPoop says...

Or when you can type without looking at the keyboard.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 pm
artybirdy says...

MooCowPoop wrote:Or when you can type without looking at the keyboard.

My sister hates it when I do that. She finds it "too freaky". xD
[center]Previously known as ArtStyx[/center]

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:01 pm
View Likes
Firelight says...

When your friend is writing something for class and you notice a spelling or grammar error and freak out at them
“You know a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his trick, and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all.”

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:56 pm
fantasydragon01 says...

You know you're a writer when you cringe at any grammatical mistake. :D
"Many that live deserve death and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo?"----Gandalf

Random avatar

Reviews: 101
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:02 am
View Likes
ParanormalMyth says...

I have a couple different ones.

You know your a writer when the teacher is handing out different awards, and the "Most Likely to Become An Author" one is called out. Everyone in your class immediately points to you, before the teacher can even announce the winner.

You know your a writer when you get a story idea from a necklace. Or you get an idea by sticking a product label with its ingredients onto your head. (Got ideas from both of these things today, haha.)
Too much blood had flown from the wrist
Of children shamed for those they choose to kiss

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:18 am
Storygirl95 says...

You know you're a writer when you feel like everything you write is word vomit and not worthy of publishing ever, but you write anyway.
You know you're a writer when the need to write overcomes the fear of writing.
You know you're a writer when you have conversations with characters in your brain to the point non-writers would think you were schizophrenic.
And finally, you know you're a writer when you feel each piece with your soul. The words, the people, the places. All of these come from some deep place inside of you that's as much a mystery to you as it is to others. It's your favorite place to be.
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:35 pm
erilea says...

You know you're a writer when you get a really good idea then you think that some evil agency like the FBI is plotting against you and you read desperately to get rid of the feeling.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix