z

Young Writers Society

You know you're a writer when...

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:58 pm
View Likes
MKate says...

You know you're a writer when you view your life (and your friend's) in plot-form and wonder daily how you could spruce it up a bit.^_^

~Mel
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:40 pm
View Likes
Hawkie says...

Related to the above - you know you're a writer when you imagine yourself and your friends in troublesome, life-threatening and dramatic situations just for fun.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:44 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Hawkie wrote:Related to the above - you know you're a writer when you imagine yourself and your friends in troublesome, life-threatening and dramatic situations just for fun.

I thought I was the only one who did that...
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 am
View Likes
Hawkie says...

I thought I was the only one who did that...

Yehehe, isn't it fun?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:21 am
View Likes
icanbefixed says...

You know you're a writer when you think of hooks for waking up every morning.

(for example, "I wouldn't have woke up, except for the fact that there was an unruly taste in my mouth that, without a nice, long brush, would not be tamed.")
The hardest mountain to climb will have the greatest view. Everything at a different angle: memories serve as double vision, a view from the valleys as well as the precipice. But everything that goes up must come down.The descent from the peak will be twice as graceful & three times as difficult

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:18 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

when you form inside jokes with yourself involving your story characters and laugh out loud sometimes in public when you're reminded of one of those jokes.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:44 am
View Likes
Jas says...

Haha, I do that Dreamy.

You know your a writer when, you English teacher tells you to write a one page story on someone with a difficult goal to achieve and you write a 60 page novella in one night.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:30 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

~ You know you're a writer when not having a pen and paper on hand in some form is akin to a mortal sin.

(My wonderfully supportive but non-writing friend admonishes me if I ever am caught in her presence without paper and pen. It all comes of her having seen me scrabble for a highlighter and sticky note one too many times.)

~ You know you're a writer when, to keep your mind of off stressors, you force yourself to start mentally plotting.

(When I'm overly anxious about school, or just dealing with stress, I make myself think about my characters' next actions.)
I am reminded of the babe by you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

~ You know you're a writer when, to keep your mind of off stressors, you force yourself to start mentally plotting.

(When I'm overly anxious about school, or just dealing with stress, I make myself think about my characters' next actions.)

You know you're a writer when you use your characters to get your mind off just about anything.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:30 pm
lilchan says...

You know you’re a writer when you write in the middle of crying. Then later convince yourself it's the best time to do so since all your emotion comes spewing out.

You know you’re a writer when you have to put two spaces in between sentences. Then you get frustrated with character limits.

You know you’re a writer when you have to type apostrophes and quotation marks even though its easier to just use the foot note and inch mark sympbols. Or you even knew there was a difference to begin with.
(footnote: ' apostrophe: ’ inch mark: " quotation marks: “ and ”)

You know you're a writer when it drives you nuts to see anything other than three periods for ellipses. (It's not supposed to even be periods because the spaces between the dots are closer to each other. To be typographically correct it's supposed to be typed with alt-codes. three periods: ... ellipses: … )

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 am
View Likes
amanda0450 says...

...the teacher says "who" instead of "whom" and you correct them.

...you sometimes think in 3rd person.

... you are made fun of for using long words.

...you know how to spell supercalifragilisticexpialadocious and you've never seen that movie in your life.
I like pirates! :pirate1:

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:52 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

You know you're a writer when you have to write things out in order to make sense of them.

You know you're a writer when you start talking about someone you know to your friends only for them to stare at you oddly. Then you realize that you've been going on about things happening to your fictional character, in their fictional world, and that half the stuff you just said could never have happened in the real life world.

You know you're a writer when you still tell your friends the above things about your fictional character in their fictional world, and expect them to care. When they don't care, you tell them anyways because you're too darn excited about it.
Got YWS?

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:38 am
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

You know you're a writer when you have to write things out in order to make sense of them.

You know you're a writer when you can scribble down several disjointed sentences in random order and be able to recall an entire story from them.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 am
View Likes
Ruth says...

You narrate your life inside your head, weighing out the benefits of first and third person, present and future tense. Even though you're telling your story as it happens, you go with third person and past tense.

Also!
you know you're a writer when you imagine yourself and your friends in troublesome, life-threatening and dramatic situations just for fun.

Me too!
"Ruth.
She's alive because she is not dead,
and junk."
~JoJo

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 am
View Likes
Navita says...

You know you're a writer when you have a brilliant idea in the shower, and you start writing it all over the steam-covered shower stall.

And when you get a brainwave while going to the toilet and you pee extra fast, and try and catch the edges of the idea with your mind before it flutters away.

By the way, I loved all of everyone else's ideas.

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow