z

Young Writers Society

Anyone draw their characters?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:57 am
View Likes
Hotaru-Kun says...

I can't draw too well, so I make them on the Sims 2 8)
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:05 pm
Chloe(: says...

I make dolls out of them, that works really well too. I also draw them but my scanner isn't working, :(
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:43 am
How2EataRhesus says...

Cannot draw. :-/

But last year a friend of mine drew a character from a novel I was working on (and never, um, finished)... I was surprised it came out so great:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm7/ ... 1232862172
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:18 pm
Carlito says...

Hotaru-Chan wrote:I can't draw too well, so I make them on the Sims 2 8)

I do this too! :D It's so fun! :D

Or I pick out celebrities that I think resemble them. Like Taylor Momsen is the spitting image of my character Tori.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:51 pm
Incognito says...

The problem with drawing characters I find is that when somebody reads your story and then looks at the character they have a total different idea from what the character looks like. For example with the Twilight movie. (I am only using this as an example because I personally hate Twilight). A lot of people were unsettled by Robert Pattinson because he was not what they imagined. But Stephanie Meyer chose him because she thought he looked exactly how she wanted him to be. I find that an authors oppinion of their own character will vary from person to person.

I also make my characters on Sims 2. I also make people from TV shows too randomly. I find it hilarious. That game is so epic.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:01 pm
Explosive_Pen says...

Hah, I do this sometimes when I'm bored. I can't draw, so they always end up looking dysfunctional or just plain creepy.
"You can love someone so much...But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 am
View Likes
OokamiKitsune says...

I love to sketch them :D This is Von Kyodai and Scarlet Hian, from A Wolf's Might and A Rose's Magic.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=14771

Von always plays around with girls- large, small. Older, younger- he does not flirt with kids! He also has a soft spot for Scarlet, thought he isn't sure why.

Scarlet moved to the Wind Kingdom when she was 6 and everyone picked on her for not being able to use magic. With Von's support she soon became a well known fire-mage. She does like Von but doesn't show it directly.

Their love and hate relationship makes me laugh when I reread chapters. Scarlet is constantly hitting Von for something and Von seems to always be in 'heat'. Their chemistry is so off that it actually causes them to like each other more. Every once in a while Von will be extremely sweet and kind to Scarlet and ignore any other female.

With my story being very serious a lot of the time, their relationship lets me be loose and have fun every once in awhile.
The story can be read at
http://www.textnovel.com/story_detail.php?story_id=9028
or
http://www.textnovel.com/story_detail.php?story_id=9494

If you read it please enjoy :mrgreen:
Attachments
VONSCARLET.jpg
Every hello is the prologue to the knowing farewell, so make as many stories as you can:)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:00 pm
View Likes
Nornadean says...

here is one of my characters called hannah scott. Its not one of my best but i like it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86131430@N ... hotostream
You are the change you want to be

Reviews: 4
Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:33 am
View Likes
SidereaAquila says...

I'd like to...but I'm terrible at drawing realistic people. I can draw good cartoons, but so far, that's only worked for my script. They're supposed to be inflated and cartoonish, so they look good, but my medieval army commander...not so much.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:57 pm
flossybunny says...

I can occasionally manage to get a roughish sketch of my characters if I'm struggling to picture them. However, with my current pieces of writing I tend to play it out in my head as though I'm watching a film. That way I can just picture the entire scene and attempt to describe it from my own vision. I'd rather keep the image of my character to myself because it won't match up to other people's visions of my characters. I also don't like the idea of trying to draw my characters because I want them to look like real, human people and my artistic abilities only allow for cartoon or manga type interpretations.
Meep, Meep, Meep. The pink carrot never falls far from the tree...

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:38 am
View Likes
KatKage says...

Oh! I do! ^^ Quite alot to be honest ^u^

Actually, sometimes I get legit story ideas from random characters I draw just for fun ^u^ but alot of the ones I draw are (hopefully) gonna be manga anyway ^^

Recently I've gotten into drawing certain scenes from some of my stories. ^^

Here are some examples ^^; (I'm sorry I'm not that good ^^'')
Attachments
Good SHC1.jpg
These are actually two secondary characters from one of my story ideas that were two cute not to draw ^u^ Ethan+Sarah=Forever ^u^ ~ <3
Good Air1.jpg
This is Luke and. . . and. . .dang, I forgot her name XL It'll come back eventually ^^''
Good ChainLink1.jpg
This one I was randomly drawing one night and had a whole story develop from it ^^ Though I still have no name for her yet ^^''
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 am
Cspr says...

Yeah, I always liked painting, but I got into drawing to illustrate my stories. Admittedly, I'm more Max Beckmann than Raphael, but I try. They normally end up some brand of cartoonish; you can tell what and who they are, but they're hardly realistic.

It's fun, though. It helps me get a better feel for my characters; I tend to do it more often for stories and such with quite a cast list. My newest attempt at fiction has nine main characters, so I've got three of them sketched. I'm not sure where one of them managed to get hairspray in medieval times, but she's totally channeling the 80's hair-wise. It suits her.

I might have to post something later, when I have something a bit better than sketches. Cool to see everyone else's work and thoughts, though.

Oh, and at OokamiKitsune: Love the username. Foxes are amazement. Especially mythic Japanese foxes, yo. Also, your manga looks lovely from what I've seen. Work on the speech bubbles, though, maybe?
My SPD senses are tingling.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:46 pm
View Likes
dreamwalkeramrita says...

Yeah, I often do! And ever since I've started learning Photoshop, its even more fun! :)

Girl Low Quality.jpg
Drawn in CS5

Low Quality Boy.jpg
Drawn in CS5

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:50 am
View Likes
confusnow says...

I draw some of my characters, but they never wind up looking the way I want them to. Or sometimes I'll sketch part of them, like the clothes they're supposed to be wearing when I can't get it right in my head.
But I'm not very good at drawing. So they wind up mangled and smushed.
We count the bad things in life because it's a number we can manage

We don't count the good things because the number would be too big for comprehension

If I had something to say...
I'd tell someone else.
:)

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:06 am
Aley says...

I like to try to draw my characters, but most of the time they change. I tend to only have one generic face in my head and that's really not that fun DX

"Yesterday you said tomorrow, so JUST DO IT."
— Shia Labeouf