z

Young Writers Society

Anyone draw their characters?

Reviews: 1
Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:13 am
SpazticMuse says...

I draw everything! :mrgreen:
Main characters and their changes to the characters who die within ten minutes of meeting. Maps of the worlds, countries, how they change over time and even floor plans of important buildings.
I just love having all the information out and on paper so theres no way I can forget and I find it really helps to create a richer story.
However it is a crap load of work! :wink:
I believe in the power of belief. If you believe it to be true than it is, even if it isn't to anyone else.

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 am
CarnivorousMoogle says...

Sometimes, yeah. I've been meaning to do it more often; usually I post my art on my tumblr nowadays, but here's a dA picture of one of my MCs, Ihaka.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:12 am
sinistercutlass says...

I try to avoid it, generally. I feel like drawing my characters will impose limitations on their characterization (at least in my mind).

Recently, though, I drew one of my characters. His name is Maziyar Anvari, and he is adviser to the sultan in my Dune-inspired "Aladdin" fanfic, "A Tale of Two Sorcerers: The Coup D'etat" (in progress; soon to begin publishing on this site). Here's a picture of him at my DeviantArt account: http://and02626.deviantart.com/art/Maziyar-Anvari-father-of-Mehrzad-uncle-of-Jafar-554757474

He's not wearing the clothes that I imagine him in, though; this was mostly a facial study.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:32 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I like to draw my character and scenes from my stories because it's fun to see it more visually. I never do that before I start writing, though. Drawings always come later.

Spoiler! :
Daniel and Lydia from my The Fighter of Aldea trilogy.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:50 am
View Likes
Pernicus says...

Here is my antagonist drawn.
world's foolest guy in the world

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman