Young Writers Society

Do-It-Yourself Obituaries!

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 am
View Likes
Teague says...

So I was doing my RDG 100 homework, and the book suggested something about writing your own obituary. It was stupid in context, but it's kind of a neat idea.

So, write an obituary for yourself, or for your characters! How do you want to be remembered? What would people say about you after you're gone? Would people say both good and bad things, or would they kiss the behind of the dead? What traits are the most memorable? What accomplishments are the most memorable? And then there's the statistical stuff: Date of birth, date of death, family members, favourite things, number of children/grandchildren, so on and so forth. Be creative!

(And yes, this is also an outlet for those of you who want to kill your characters. :P I know how that feels.)

Have fun!

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 am
View Likes
vampyIrishgirl says...

Annabelle Craft[size=150]

annbelle was the lady in the small town where everyone was her child, even if you were going through a hard time, she’d tell you that you if you needed a friend or a voice of reason then she was you’re girl. Annabelle was 86 years old when she passed away, she wasn’t frail, no she was the old lady who milked the cows, feed the pigs and chickens, every day, and was still going strong.
Growing up Annabelle was every ones go—to person. She had two smaller sisters and one bigger brother. She as the busiest one in the family helping every one, who needed it, and participating in every sport allowed at once.
When, Annabelle had success fully graduated, at the very top of class. After she moved out of the town of Alender, she went to college to become a business woman, at age 20. There she met a boy named Jason. She started dating him, her junior year of college.
Just after she finished and graduated she moved back in to her mama's house that had passed away when she was 17 years old, she settled back in and continued to live there. Then her father became sick, from brain cancer. 9 months later he was dead. Years later a family of criminal’s came into town. The Thomas family was a famous group of wide range of criminal’s around the United States.
The Thomas had decided because the rumors of Annabelle having a very old jewel box of Spanish gold. What they didn’t know was that Annabelle’s niece, Ember had asked to drive her car for tonight. She had agreed, because she knew the hard working Ember craft deserved a break for once. The time was 12:30 when they broke in, to her house. Annabelle was wake reading in her bed when she heard footsteps, up and down the hall way, with little whispers here and there. She grabs the baseball bat by her night stand. She opened her door slowly when she saw a person in the hall. Annabelle was captain of the co-ed baseball team in high school. She wound up and knocked the figure out, but the other figure behind her was already on her before she could strike again. They struggled and she was pushed down the stairs.
The police finally arrested the party reasonable for Annabelle Craft’s death. She was buried next to her mother and father, at Creeker Ville cemetery, on Tuesday the 19th of May.
music junkie, i know, but im not sorry

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:07 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Albert Clavius

Will someone please take his body away? He's been at the funeral for six months now.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:14 am
confusnow says...

Papa
Born in the village.
Died in the village.
Took care of the village.
Anyone that knows anything today owes it to him.

No one knows how old he was, because he lived longer than us all. He was old when any of us met him, and he was older when he died.
The children were closest to him, other than Jake. And Jake was a child when he left, so that counts too.
Teacher. Healer. Magician. Guardian. Interpreter. Judge. Anything he figured we needed to get by, and then some.
Papa
We count the bad things in life because it's a number we can manage

We don't count the good things because the number would be too big for comprehension

If I had something to say...
I'd tell someone else.
:)

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:55 pm
lostthought says...

Heaven Smyth

Born in a hospital
Died reading a book

Someone come claim this body. We don't want it.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde