z

Young Writers Society

hehe, Character Q and A

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:54 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Q: What's your full name and what is it's meaning?

A: Eylania. I do not know if my name has a meaning, anyway, it wouldn't matter to such a noble and glorious dragon like me.

Q: Where is your favorite place and what memories made it that certain place?

A: I enjoy a number of places- mostly the crag of Telnair, where the old master Oromis lived. I wish that I had had the pleasure and honor of meeting him before his death in Gilead at the hand of Murtagh. The crags of Telnair is a wondrous, sun-bathed cliff where my master Eragon received his training. Arya trained us here, on the wondrous cliff over looking the whole of Du Weldenvarden.

Q: Was there a time period in your past that you regret? If so, do you like to talk about it? (Explain the event/what happened)

A: Perhaps when I learned all of my character in whole when I learned my true name. That knowledge is for none except me and my rider, Atanir. I do not like to tell about the way I learned it. It was a very dark time to me.

Q: What is one personality trait of your's that you cherish and why?

A: It's so hard to choose! I'm cunning, sly, intelligent, wise, sage, loyal, etc. The list has only just begun!

Q: If you could go back in time to redo anything of your choice, what would it be? (Has to be different from the regretful experience)

A: When Atanir and I fought. I would go back and not cut in with my snide remark. Her and I are so different. She so quiet but sometimes foolish. Me so loud and bloodthirsty with a measure of sage wisdom. It is hard to sometimes be one in the same.

Q: Who's your favorite individual and why?

A: Why do you need even ask? Atanir of course. We are mentally linked, sharing every thought.

Q: If two trains are heading towards each other on the same track, one is traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph, the other at a constant 34 mph, how long will it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about?

A; In all the land of Alageasia I have never heard word of what a train may be.

Q: Do you feel guilty if you cry in public?

A: No. Would you feel guilty if you cried when someone died? I should think not!

Q: Do you think crying is a sign of weakness?

A: No, only if it is excessive.

Q: Do you tend to brood about things which make you angry?

A: Yes! A Dragon's blood runs hotter than most and I do not forget things as easily as the two legged fools!

Q: Do you enjoy physical signs of affection?

A: only from atanir. And maybe Brare. But that doesn't matter now.

Q: Can you remember when you last really laughed and enjoyed yourself?

A: While flying over the Spine through the cool Mountain air!

Q: Do Q&A's bore you? XD

A: I enjoy riddles more than this, but This was quite pleasureable!
beep

Reviews: 4
Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:18 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Q: What is your full name and what is its meaning?
A: Centurion Zea of Alvaria. In the Old Language, Zea means lightning, or goddess, or something like that.

A: I don't think I could pick just one. The empire is so vast, after all. I can tell you, though, that it's not the Endless Marshes. If you ever have the misfortune of finding yourself there at night, do not--DO NOT--follow the lights.

Q: Was there a time period in your past that you regret? If so, do you like to talk about it?
A: I can name a lot of incidents after my aunt Sedna died, but the thing I most regret is misleading my friend Larch. That actually wasn't my fault; I thought I had made it perfectly clear that he was only a friend. But then he showed up in Alvar and asked me to marry him, and...well, let's just say that was the hardest I've ever punched anyone.

Q: What is one personality trait of yours that you cherish, and why?
A: This isn't really a personality trait, but I've learned to like my starshine. I can read minds, send telepathic messages, and see the future. The last one in particular has saved my life more times than I can count.

Q: If you could go back in time and redo anything of your choice, what would it be?
A: I'd wake up a little earlier and stop Arius before he fought Vanth. I don't know what he was thinking. He has a good heart, but sometimes he tries to be too heroic.

A: That would be either Arius (commander of the army, can't keep his eyes off me) or Echo (the fiercest dragon in the empire). But don't tell either one I said that.

Q: If two trains are headed toward each other on the same track, and one is traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph, the other at a constant 34 mph, how long will it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about?
A: What in Quor's name is a train? Whatever it is, we don't have them in Alvaria.

A: If it's for a silly reason, yes. Injuries don't count as silly reasons.

A: That depends on what one is crying about.

Q: Do you tend to brood about things that make you angry?
A: Arius says I do. I prefer not to think of it as brooding, though.

A: From Arius, and Echo, and the girls from my tent party, yes. From people like Larch...well, I punched Larch in the face.

A: I flew through Carina's Corridor with Echo yesterday. Although, I suppose I usually scream more than laugh...

Q: Do Q&As bore you? XD
A: Sometimes. But this one didn't!
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:16 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

Q: What is your full name and what is its meaning?
A: My name is Nabil Thomas Mahad. Nabil is an arabic name similar to the english name Patrick, and means "noble," or something along those lines. I don't know what Thomas means, and Mahad is also an arabic name.

A: My favorite place is the park. I enjoy going there at night time to stargaze. My parents took me to the park the night I received my first telescope, and that itself is a fond memory of mine.

Q: Was there a time period in your past that you regret? If so, do you like to talk about it?
A: Definitely. I regret doing the action which put me in this harsh slump. Unless I am comfortable enough around you, I will not go into further detail.

A: I cherish my curiosity, because without being curious, discoveries would never be made, and all of those who I look up to in the science world are/were curious-minded people.

Q: If you could go back in time and redo anything of your choice, what would it be?
A: This goes back to one of the earlier questions: I would go back and not do the unmentionable thing I didn't wish to share earlier.

A: I find this question to be a bit difficult for me to answer, for I do not believe that I have a "favorite" individual.

Q: If two trains are headed toward each other on the same track, and one is traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph, the other at a constant 34 mph, how long will it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about?
A: People like to assume that I'm good at math, but I am not, and this question would take me a while to answer.

A: Guilt normally isn't an emotion associated with crying. I would feel uncomfortable crying in public, and a bit humiliated.

A: It's a sign that you are human and have feelings.

Q: Do you tend to brood about things that make you angry?
A: Somewhat. I believe everyone broods in one way or another.

A: I haven't had much experience with it.

A: No.

Q: Do Q&As bore you? XD
A: Only when the questions are boring.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm
xMidnightWriterx says...

A: Evelyn Juliet Evans, but it gets shortened to Evie. Evelyn was my Grandmother's name on my Mum's side and Juliet is my Mum's name.

Q: Where is your favourite place and what memories made it that certain place?
A: Our old house in New Zealand (which I can't even visit anymore because we moved to England). I grew up there so all my childhood memories are there.

A: Not particularly. I've had a pretty normal life (until I came to England =])

A: Personality trait? Well, I suppose my patiencs is a lucky trait. When you live with a barbie doll sister, a boyish brat brother and parents who still live in the 1800s, patience is something you cherish.

A: Stop my brother being born! He's such a brat!

Q: Who's your favourite individual and why?
A: Okay, don't tell anyone I admitted this, but Matt. He's a fallen angel and after everything that we've been through over the past couple of months, it's nice to have someone around that I know can keep me safe. He is total badass (and really hot)!.

Q: If two trains were heading towards each other on the same track, one is travelling at a constant speed of 65mph, the other at a constant speed of 34mph, how long would it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about?
A: A couple of seconds. Your talking about the beginnings of one hell of a rail disaster!

A: Because my sister is never afraid tocry in public to get sympathy from someone, I make it a rule never to cry in public, so I don't know if I would feel guilty.

A: No, not at all.

A: Haha! I'm a sixteen year old girl! What teenage girl doesn't brood over things that make them angry! =D

A: Yeah, as long as it isn't one of those parents hugs and kisses they do in public to show how much they love you.

A: Um...no.

Q: Do Q&A's bore you?
A: They don't bore me. But if they get too personal they can piss me off
"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic" - Albus Dumbledore

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:09 pm
SidereaAquila says...

Q: What's your full name and what is its meaning?
A: Aster is my only name. It is a derivative of the name Astrid. Astrid Calvin was the lead scientist at the lab where I was built.

A: This is one of the easier "favorite" questions I have encountered. I will say that my "favorite" place is the IFS Endeavor, the starship I work on. Most of my...I believe they would be called "friends"...live on the Endeavor.

A: I regret my actions while being held hostage by Astraea. I have been told several times that I am rather gullible, but that is not an excuse for what I did. I should not have let my...emotions...control me. To answer the second part of your question: I, like many others, prefer not to discuss Astraea. The only people I have ever talked to about her are Vesper, Captain Swan, and Addy. Vesper has been a great help in sorting through my memories, and Captain Swan can sympathize with me, as he also had a particularly painful experience with Astraea. And Addy...I suppose I talk to her because she is a good listener.

A: I'm afraid I do not understand the question. "Human" things like this often give me problems. I am an android, so while I have my own programs for personality and emotions, I have trouble thinking of them in human terms.

A: I assume you mean time as I perceived it? (I have time-traveled before, hence my uncertainty.) I would go back to the Umbrian attack on twenty-first century Kitt Peak Observatory. If I had taken the first shot I had instead of waiting, Addy would not have been injured. That would have saved a lot of time and worry.

A: *thinks for a long time* Unlike the earlier one, this is one of the hardest "favorite" questions I have ever encountered. I believe "thinking out loud," as you say, will make this easier to answer. ...I am trying to decide between Captain Swan and Addy Barlow. Captain Swan gave me a position in the Interplanetary Federation and a home on the Endeavor, but Addy... Vesper says I "like" her. I'm not sure how to process that.

Q: If two trains were heading toward each other on the same track, and one is traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph, the other at a constant 34 mph, how long would it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about?
A: Indefinitely. I am missing a key variable--how far apart the trains are. Also, it would be helpful to know what century the trains are from.

A: I am incapable of crying, in the physical sense.

A: I do not fully understand this aspect of human emotion. Therefore, I have no opinion.

A: No. Brooding is a waste of time, as it doesn't solve anything.

A: I have not decided yet.

Q: Can you remember when you last laughed and really enjoyed yourself?
A: Why are all these questions about "human" things? And no, I don't believe I have ever actually laughed.

Q: Do Q&As bore you?
A: I find some of them rather easy, but no, I would not call them boring.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:46 pm
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

Character from Inheritance SB

Q: What's your full name and what is it's meaning? : I am known as Atanir. But you shall never find my true name because you don't know me.

Q: Where is your favorite place and what memories made it that certain place? : In the very fringe of Du Weldenvarden near the Hadarac Desert, that was the last place I saw my parents. Then they ran as light as a feather over the smooth sand, towards their deaths

Q: Was there a time period in your past that you regret? If so, do you like to talk about it? (Explain the event/what happened): my parents died. The Wyrdfell(Forsworn) dealt them both mortal blows. If I had been there, I could have done something. But I stayed in Du Weldenvarden, never to see my parents again.

Q: What is one personality trait of your's that you cherish and why? : My ability to mask what I feel. I'm a broken vessel inside, but I'm stern and Harsh on the outside.

Q: If you could go back in time to redo anything of your choice, what would it be? (Has to be different from the regretful experience): I'm unsure. I love My dragon and soul mate Adastrin, but if only had I know, would I have refused to be there? Would I have chosen my treasured anger and solitude over having someone in on my thoughts? I don't know.

Q: Who's your favorite individual and why?: Adastrin is my soulmate. We are irreversibly linked. I know everything about him and he about me, how could I not love him? He is the oppisite of me, much nobler and wiser. I love him more than myself.

Q: If two trains are heading towards each other on the same track, one is traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph, the other at a constant 34 mph, how long will it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about? : What is a train? The fast mode of transportation is flying on Dragonback.

Q: Do you feel guilty if you cry in public?: I haven't cried since my parents died. I hardened my self against the world. If I were to ever cry again, something horrible must have happened.

Q: Do you think crying is a sign of weakness? : Yes. Crying is for those not strong enough to resist it.

Q: Do you tend to brood about things which make you angry? : I brood over everything, I am angry at the world.

Q: Do you enjoy physical signs of affection?: No, not since my parents died. Perhaps if I could find someone who could make me smile, I would consider it.

Q: Can you remember when you last really laughed and enjoyed yourself? It was before my Parents left and Died, obviously, but I can't remember a specific time. life was happy all the time before they left.

Q: Do Q&A's bore you? I hate letting others know how I feel.
beep

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:59 pm
MaKriege says...

A: Riley Austin Carter
A: Italy. My family is originally from Italy and there are a lot of fun memories from our family vacations there.
Q: Was there a time period in your past that you regret? If so, do you like to talk about it? (Explain the event/what happened)
A: I don't regret any thing in my life, all of my mistakes made me a stronger person.
A: I love my free spirit. To me, having a free spirit allows you to embrace life and live it more to the fullest.
Q: If you could go back in time to redo anything of your choice, what would it be? (Has to be different from the regretful experience)
A: I would redo the whole first month that Seth and I were together, back when I was just an awkward turtle lost in the Sahara Desert.
A: I don't think I have a favorite individual, but if I did it would probably be the guy of the need cash now commercials.
Q: If two trains are heading towards each other on the same track, one is traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph, the other at a constant 34 mph, how long will it take you to figure out what the heck I'm talking about?
A: If two trains were headed toward each other on the same track, and one was traveling at a constant speed of 65 mph and the other was constant at 34 mph, where was the train engineer?
A: Guilty? No, do I ever feel embarrassed about it? Absolutely! Sure we are all human and crying is a way to prove it, it can also be embarrassing to be the only one crying.
A: No, I think crying shows that you aren't afraid to be human and show emotion. People who don't cry bottle up the emotions they have and tend to have actions they latter regret.
A: Never! Everyday is a blank canvas and you have to be a free spirit about life. If we all walk around angry for stupid things, then the whole world would just be one giant ball on anger.
A: It really depends who is showing the affection, but in subtle amounts I think it's pretty okay.
A: Seth took me to our school's fundraiser carnival, he beat the skee ball high score and won me a stuffed animal. It was the weirdest hybrid donkey/rat/monster in the history of the world! We laughed so hard trying to figure out what it was, definitely the most fun I've had in a long time.
A: Not at all! ;)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:01 am
IngridClayre says...

A: Raven Swiftblade. Raven for her black hair and Swiftblade is her family surname starting with an ancestor who was 'swift' with a blade. A stunning swordsman.

A: I have no 'favorite' memories. I went from being the bully target in a run down orphanage to a king's assassin in a matter of days.

A: I regret ever stepping outside of the orphanage. I regret it because that is how my terrible misfortune of being the assassin started and I'll regret that day 'till the day I die.

A: Well, I've seen people just stand around and do nothing. I'm the opposite. It's a blessing and a curse all in one.

A: I would make my parents love me. So they wouldn't have dropped me off on the cold orphanage steps.

A: Prince Aeric Leven Elms because he is the friend I'd always wished for and the only wish of mine that had ever been granted. Aeric is a teddy bear of a young man and has his heart on his shirt's sleeve. I love him for his patients, calmness and easy going personality- not like me!

A: When you've finished your sentence.

A: Not guilty, but embarrassed. I would never cry in public- well, that doesn't count faking it to benefit from something.

A: No, but that is what the King tells me. Because I am a woman and a warrior though, I will not and can not cry in front of anyone for fear of people thinking of me as weak, girly or dainty in any way shape or form. I need to keep a tough personality.

A: Yes. It is difficult for me to just 'let things slide'. Don't make me angry. You'll regret it.

A: I've never been loved. I probably never will be, so I wouldn't expect it but I wouldn't dislike it.

A: No. Before I met Prince Aeric, I never laughed or smiled.

A: No!!!! :D
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:55 am
KatKage says...

I'll be using two of my characters from the same story :3

P: My full name at the moment is Prince, because somebody *stares at KatKage accusingly* hasn't thought up a better name after nicknaming me 'Prince' in her head. (KatKage: It just fits! I'm not being lazy, I swear! /u\''')
K: My name is Kitsune, and don't you forget it. (KatKage: Her real name is Gloria, named so by her mother, but only she and her father/mother knows of it. Everyone else just gave her the name Kitsune X3) I have a feeling someone just said something I'm gonna beat the living tar out of them for. (<u>'')

P: My Mother's room, back in the past. There was a little waterfall and it was so peaceful in there. Even more so when my Mother was there. *Eyes lost in old memories*
K: Everywhere; The world is my place. I do what I want where I want! (KatKage: She travels to the place her parents first met once a year on the anniversary of when they met. She likes that place the most for the memories it holds. She gets a second place later, but that's much later on :3) *Whips head around, searching for the person she instinctively desires to beat up* (<u>'''')

P: *lip curls a bit* Getting myself stuck in that enchanted pool for 1000 years. *Stops and doesn't talk further*
K: . . . My Father's death. *Quickly turns head to Prince* Or perhaps it was stumbling across him.
P: *Mock-Beams at her.*

P: Cherish? Do I really need to cherish something about me personality? *waves hand dismissively* Waste of time. (KatKage: As he says, he doesn't think of himself like that very much and doesn't have a most liked/most hated thing about himself. What I like about his personality is his fairly cool/nonchalant attitude towards everything; facing whatever life throws at him with a sly smile.)
K: Why would I have a favorite? If anything I like my strength. (KatKage: What she means is her ability to stay strong through most anything, not necessarily physical strength. That too perhaps. . . Nyah <u>''' *ponders on it herself*) Perhaps I like that I'm friends with so many of my father's friends. (Oh, by that I think she means she likes being recognized as an equal by such a large group of people whom she respects :3 *makes sense o3o*)

P: I'd be not to piss off my cousin. *Face scrunches up as he recalls the memory* (KatKage: Not 100% sure, but I do believe that his cousin is the one who trapped/help trap him in that pool. *He cheated with the question <u>''*)
K: . . . (KatKage: I don't think she really regrets anything. Except her Father's death kinda *facepalms at her characters cheating with the question*)

P: *says with nearly no hesitation, and a little softly* My Mother. *unconsciously glances over at Kitsune for a long moment but looks away nonchalantly*
K: My Father and . . . my Mother (KatKage: She cheated again <u>'' And so did he kinda *facepalms*)

P: *scrunched up face of confusion/almost disgust* The f***?
K: *face of utter confusion/what-the-heck* The f***?
(KatKage: Ah, the use of curse words <u>)

P: I don't cry.
K: I don't cry.
(KatKage: They both have cried at least once in their lives (excluding when they were little babies), but never in public. It's almost inconceivable to them, although Kitsune has worried a little more about it than Prince e-e)

P: *ponders for a moment then says matter-of-factly;* Yes.
K: *Blatant outright answer;* Yes.
(Katage: *Facepalms* my characters <u>'')

P: Why would I?
K: If anything makes me angry, it's already beaten to a half inch of it's life. Except for one or two things *practically glares at Prince while he coolly acts as if he doesn't notice, his arms behind his head and eyes closed*

P: *face stays still for a moment, thinking, then smiles almost knowingly and smoothly with that narrowed-ish eyed look he always gets when he's being sly* (KatKage: <u>'')
K: Wha-What?! What the heck do you mean?! * unknowingly blushes at question*

P: Enjoying myself? Not truly. . . Perhaps with *shakes head* no, that was more- peaceful. Hmm. . . *Glaces at Kitsune* Well, around her there's always something hilariously stupid going on, so I guess there's your answer *Smiles outright slyly at Kitsune*
K: What the f*** is That supposed to mean you little ****?!? *practically threatens to attack*
P: Why nothing. It just happens to be that hilariously stupid things seem to happen where ever you go.
K: *growls* Why You!!!
(KatKage: <u>''''''''''''''')

P: *Still smiling and looking at Kitsune* Not in the slightest.
K: GRAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
(KatKage: Nyah!!! <u>'''''' Twas fun and thank you! <u>''' *hopes her characters don't kill each other <u>'''''''*)
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:06 pm
SunsetSprite says...

Since When The Rain Falls is the only story that is posted on this site so far, I shall use Alice, the main character and her normal self, and Tiffany, Alice's evil copy from behind the mirror and finally Mary, whom hasn't been introduced yet, but also is Alice's other bad copy.

A: Alice Tiffany Mary Michelson. Don't ask me what it means because I wasn't the one who made it up.
T: Tiffany Alice Mary Michelson. Heh, confused?
M: Mary Alice Tiffany Michelson. *looks around then back to you* You need to paint this room red.

A: My farm I used to live on. It was fun.
T: Heh, wouldn't you like to know. *glares evilly* I guess in Alice's mind messing it up.
M: In my room. Especially when I get new visitors...That means new red paint.

A: When Tiffany first appeared. You see, I was six and playing around outside until my hat flew off my head and landed in a puddle. Then, right there, was Tiffany, on the other side.
T: Well...There are many...But I guess it would be when I summoned Bloody Mary to scare the shit out of Alice.
M: When I was young, my mother put me into this place with padded walls. Apparently, I liked the colour red too much.

A: My sociability. Which, by the way, is at the zero mark on the social bar.
T: My seductive ways and the power to play around with people's minds.
M: Well...It would be my insanity.

A: The first time when I met Casey. She's my best friend and all but she's annoying.
T: Nothing...XD
M: The fact that I really need to clean these knives in the corner from the past years. *points to knives*

A: My dad because he was always there for me.
T: Why, it would be Alice, dear! She's so much fun to tease.
M: Red.

A: Yes, I can. *figures out right answer* I'm the smartest person in my grade after all.
T: WHAT?
M: Well, it's a number.

A: No.
T: Yes.
M: I don't know.

A: Again, no.
T: Defiantly.
M: Depends on the situation.

A: Tiffany and people.
T: DEPRESSING THINGS LIKE CUTE KITTENS. UGH.
M: That people won't give me their fresh paint.

A: To be honest, it freaks me out.
T: Nope.
M: I never got that, so I wouldn't know.

A: When Casey lost her way in London and came back with this massive bruise on her leg.
T: When Alice is being a wimp and curious.
M: When I see the colour red from someone's arm when my blade cuts them!

A: Depending on the questions.
T: Yep.
M: NOT AT ALL! SAY, MIND IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR RED PAINT?
Reality is boring...Time to spice it up a little!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:52 pm
IngridClayre says...

Gwendolynne Jolecia Blackthorne
According to baby name sites, it means "Fair and blessed"

My favorite place is The Raven's Roost castle. It is where my happiest memories reside. It is where I trained in magic with five other young people my age.

What do I regret? Sometimes I regret setting foot in the Raven's Roost. I didn't mean to you know... but I would never have met so many people if I had stayed in the dirty city I once lived in.

I personally fine my charmingness quite helpful.

I would have never assassinated the queen- no matter how evil she was. I could have declined it and been called a chicken. But it was better than loosing my friends. My family.

Robyn of course. He's one of my favorite people. Because no matter how grumpy I can get and how worried or frightful I be... no matter how many nightmares I have that wake the whole house... and no matter how strange I be... he always is sweet to me and loves me.

I honestly don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about. What is a train anyway?

No. I never cry in public.

No, but I find it horridly embarrassing if I do it in front of certain people.

No. I brood about things and I worry.

Yes, of course.

Last night, over a glass of red wine. Robyn, The Artist and I sat around the crackling fire after dinner. Robyn can make anyone laugh.

Obviously not! In fact... You should ask more questions than this!!
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:33 am
confusnow says...

Adam: My name is Adam.
Jake: Jake.
Marla: Marla.

Q: Where is your favourite place and what memories made it that certain place?

Adam: The cave. Not the big one under the stream, the small one half-way up the cliff in the woods. It was...secluded and private. Only the three of us ever went there.
Jake: In Papa's library, certainly. The smell of the books and the way the fire burned in the fireplace was so...peaceful. Especially before the whole trouble with the Everstream started and life in the village became almost impossible.
Marla: In the square, training. I wasn't actually supposed to be there of course, but that was half the fun. The other half was beating all the guys at all the skills that they're all supposed to be so good at.

Adam: I wish I could've gotten to know my dad more before he died. But there wasn't really much I could've done.
Jake: All those years before I became Papa'a apprentice, all wasted. If only I'd put them to use, maybe I'd be strong enough by now to fix this mess. Or at least make things better.
Marla: No, not really.

Adam: I try I guess. I don't really know.
Jake: My wisdom, of course. Without it Adam and Marla would've gotten themselves killed a thousand times. Either by hostile warriors, wild animals, or just walking off a cliff.
Marla: I get things done. My brother Jake is too busy planning to do anything, and Adam's just...it's not his place to do it. I mean, sure, they're supposed to be protecting me, and because Jake's my older brother I let him think he is. But even Adam knows I'm protecting them. From wild animals Jake leads us into, warrior that track us and hunt us down, and when Jake walked off that cliff and landed on the ledge. He would still be stuck there if I hadn't thought to steal that rope. And I'm the one that got us out once they captured us for stealing their rope.

Adam: I wouldn't have turned back when that guy said my name. Then they wouldn't have gotten Lizzie. Though she probably was safer than we were...
Jake: Definitely save the village supplies before they got frozen underwater and eaten by toads and frogs. That would've made life so much easier. It just didn't occur to me then.
Marla: You know, I think I would've wished Adam a happy birthday.

Q: Who's your favourite individual and why?

Adam: Well, Jake and Marla are really good friends, but then there's my sister Lizze. The whole village loves her enough though. Same for Papa. So, I...I don't know.
Jake: Papa. He prepared me for this in so many ways. Of course, he never actually told me ahead of time...
Marla: Easily my brother. And then Adam. But first Jake.

Adam: A collision?
Jake: Wait, what?
Marla: If those so-called 'trains' are any bigger than a SnowBeast and they're going as fast as they sound like they're going, it's going to make a big mess when they bump noses.

Adam: I probably would. I mean, I don't know. You never really know until it happens.
Jake: Everyone cries, we just all do it at different times.
Marla: Nope. I cried when the Vograthals took Lizzie. Everyone did. Except Adam of course. But everyone loves his sister so much I guess he feels he doesn't have to.

Adam: No. I've seen Marla cry, and look how strong she is!
Jake: Crying is just returning your tears to the Everstream. At least it will be if it ever comes back. Get's better. Fixes it'self. Whatever it;s got to do before things get back to normal.
Marla: Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it's a sign of respect for whoever you're crying for. But if you're over the age of one and it's because you got a broken leg or something? Please, show a little backbone!

Adam: Brood is the wrong word. And so is angry.
Jake: I brood alright. And not just over things that make me angry.
Marla: No, I usually just deal with it. I mean, Jake's got his head in the clouds, or underwater, or wherever he lost it, and Adam's just...well...Adam.

Adam: No. Unless you count handshakes.
Jake: Physical contact is gross. Other people are gross. Especially when they're not human people. Ew. After you receive a 'physical sign of affection' from one of those northern things-I still don't know what to call them-you'll never want to be touched again. Well...except for that time that Adam pulled me backwards and saved my life. And when Marla grabbed me after I fell off of the cliff. And...well, if it's saving your life, it's a good thing.
Marla: Is wrestling a physical sign of affection?

Adam: I can't ever remember a time like that.
Jake: It was not my idea to order beer. It was Marla's. I am blaming her. And it shouldn't really count, seeing as I can't remember it.
Marla: Yes, yes I do remember it. It was that time that Jake got drunk and went absolutely wild. Adam and I had quite a night trying to restrain him, but his face was absolutely priceless the whole time. And how was I to know that he'd get drunk so easily? I drank double what he did, and I was fine. Even Adam drank more than Jake did, and he was totally sober. Has been his whole life, probably. And not sober not-drunk, sober like always not-ecstatic-and-always-in-a-boring-mood-with-a-dull-or-blank-expression-on-his-face.

Adam: No. Especially not since I get to listen to Jake and Marla's answers. It's good to know about people you've been stuck with and likely will be stuck with until you die. Get killed.
Jake: No, they remind me of studying with Papa, before this whole mess with the Everstream.
Marla: Does this mean it's finally over?

These were characters that I'm still developing in a story I'm having trouble with.
We count the bad things in life because it's a number we can manage

We don't count the good things because the number would be too big for comprehension

If I had something to say...
I'd tell someone else.
:)

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb