z

Young Writers Society

WASP

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:50 am
hekategirl says...

Dear Golden Oldie,
Is their a problem with liking all those shows? I don't think their is.
So just be yourself and like them!

Love,
WASP

Dear WASP,

I'm writng to you because I can't stop playing my video games, and I mean can't. My mom has to bring my food to me so I can eat! and I drink lots of coffe so I hardly have to sleep at all. What do I do? I try to pull myself away from the video games but I can't, I just have to play them, in fact i'm playing on my gameboy right now! Oh, WASP, what do I do?!

I Heart Video Games

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:24 am
Dreami says...

Oh I <3 Video Games:

First, don't ever type "heart" out again in your life! It slows the time down that you can spend playing this game. Secondly, maybe you should reward yourself for all the time you don't play the video games. Like, make a goal of playing video games only 20 minutes a day at the most, and if you keep this goal, reward yourself, with maybe more video game time at the end of the month. Slowly shorten the time you spend on there to basically nothing. Then you will not be playing at all! Or, go and get a job. :)

WASP.

Dear WASP:

I am bored. Do something to interest me.

Sincerly,
:|

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:51 am
niteowl says...

Dear :|

Here's some paper and an origami book. Knock yourself out.

Dear WASP,

I tend to take things a little too literally. When a commercial says "Call right now" I whip out my phone. When someone says "Hold on a moment"I grab on to something for a moment, then let it go. I still can't figure out how I can laugh, dance, or party my a** off. Believe me I've tried. How can I stop taking everything so literally?

Literally Minded
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:20 pm
View Likes
Roxy says...

Dear Literally Minded,

Get your friends to ask you something impossible, for example, 'Stop Writing!'

This should get you pack to your former state.

Yours,
WASP

-------------------------------------------------------

Dear Wasp

I have a strange fascination with eating library books. Whenever I see one I have to eat it! I am being serious here, you have to help me!

I can't venture anywhere without being followed by a crown on onlookers, desperate to see 'the girl actually eat a book!'

Please help me.

Hungry
I eat losers for breakfast...

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:36 pm
View Likes
deleted6 says...

Dear Hungry

Here the thing you need to do stop eating libary books. For books we own taste better, trust me i know.

Yours WASP

Dear Wasp i have a problem i fell out with my friend yesterday. Next day he was found mauled did i mention I was bitten on my arm same day. My problem i'm not sure but i don't believe in cocindences. Also that night it was a full moon.

Sincerely Full Moon Fever.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:28 pm
View Likes
Shafter says...

Haha! What a fun game! :D

Dear Fever,

Since you do not mention the nature of how you were bitten, the possibility occurs to me that you might be involved somehow. Do you remember anything the night it happened? It is possible that you are a werewolf. Seek professional help (on any night besides a full moon). Be sure to carry around silver bullets, and advise your friends to do the same.

Yours,
WASP

Dear WASP,

Help! Our high school dance is coming up and I really want to go out with this guy named Clark. Unfortunately for me, he's been acting really strange lately, especially when he gets around my green meteor-rock necklace, and won't go near me. I want to go to the dance with this guy! How can I get him to stop acting weird?

Sincerely, Nervous About the Dance
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:07 pm
View Likes
Lilyy03 says...

Dear Nervous About the Dance,
Evidently, Clark is an alien. Probably one trying to escape his grisly past from another planet, which your necklace must remind him of. You could get rid of the necklace, but you'd be better off finding someone more down-to-earth.

Yours,
WASP

Dear WASP,
HELP! I recently discovered my boyfriend has been leading a double life. He's a computer techie by day, and an obstetrician for marsupials by night. And he doesn't know that I know. What should I do?
Sincerely,
Kangaroos are Taking Over My Life

55 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:28 pm
View Likes
Shafter says...

Dear Kangaroos,

In any relationship, honesty is key. Gently inform your boyfriend that you know about his second life, and ask him to explain his unusual interest in marsupials. If you are open with your boyfriend, he will probably be more open with you. Try to be understanding; kangaroos need obstetricians too!

Yours,
WASP

Dear WASP,
I'm having the ambassador of Pluto over for dinner tomorrow, and I don't know what to fix! What's the proper etiquette for an extraterrestrial guest?
Confused,
Entertaining an E.T.
Got YWS?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:39 pm
View Likes
Lilyy03 says...

Dear Entertaining,
Anyone from Pluo absolutely adores ice. Bring lots of it, but don't restrict yourself to the water type. Ices of methane, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen are favorites. Some rocks on the side would go down well too.
And, if you're planning on having quiet, polite conversation during the meal, don't even think the word "planet".

Yours,
WASP

Dear WASP,
My hair and nails have turned electric blue overnight! And ideas of who/what caused this, and how I can go back to normal coloration before my important board meeting tomorrow?
Distressed,
Got the Blues

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:23 am
Fand says...

Dear Got the Blues,

It's quite obvious, dear. You've been hexed. You haven't pissed off any dark-magic practitioners lately, have you? My only advice is a stringent application of bleach to both hair and nails; if that doesn't work, track down the offended dark-magic practitioner and beg for mercy.

As to your board meeting tomorrow--wrap yourself head to foot in clothing and tell them you're a leper. Not only will they not question the wrappings, but they also won't get close enough to catch a glimpse of stray blue hair on the off-chance your disguise begins to come loose.

Love and kisses,
WASP

---

Dear WASP,

I'm desperately in love, and I don't know what to do. Day in and day out, I think about my love--I have a picture of him hanging over my bed, and a smaller version in my wallet that I look at throughout the day. I've even created a make-believe wedding album with images of the two of us photoshopped together, and used one of those internet services to create pictures of our children. The problem is, no matter how many seances I attend or psychics I see, I just can't manage to find anyone willing--or capable--of raising the dead. Even the voo-doo priestess I spoke with refused. Tell me, WASP; how can I see my love? Or should I just get over him? If yes to the latter, how can I do it?

Desperately yours,
In Love with Elvis
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

55 Reviews

Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:40 pm
View Likes
Shafter says...

Dear In Love,

I congradulate you on exploring your options before writing WASP with your question. I'm afraid that if the avenues you've pursued have not worked out, you're going to have to get over him. The best way to do this is to find yourself a boyfriend-- a living boyfriend. I would not suggest an Elvis impersonator, since a) it might bring up bad memories, and b) they tend to be annoying.

Best of luck,
WASP

Dear WASP,
I want to write a novel, but I don't want to do any work. I just want to sit down and write it and have it instantly become a bestseller. Any tips on how to do this?
~Wanting to be the Next Shakespeare
Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:19 am
View Likes
Myth says...

Dear Wanting To Be The Next Shakespeare,

I'm afraid nothing can get done without a little work. No one can write the prefect bestseller, who are your favourite writers? Do you think they got to the top without trouble?

As for tips, I would suggest writing bit by bit each day. Look out your window, go outside for a stroll as you are bound to see something if you look carefully and write a short paragraph of what happenes. The more you write, the more likely you are to find inspiration and character--observing humans and animals can give you a bigger picture of how real people behave.

Sooner or later you'll have a plot, realistic characters and a location.

All the best,
WASP

.:

Dear WASP,

I hate celebrating my birthday. People, especially my family, don't understand why. I just hate getting old, is that bad?

Yours,
Dragonfly
.: ₪ :.

'...'

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:38 am
Fand says...

Dear Dragonfly,

Yes. It is bad. You will always get older. Now grow up and get over it.

Yours most affectionately,
WASP

::

Dear WASP,

Ever since I was a little kid, it has been my dream to be a florist. I just love the idea of picking out the most beautiful blossoms and arranging them in the prettiest way, to bring joy to others...

My problem is that I have a black thumb. And I mean that almost literally; I only have to touch a flower to ensure that it'll wilt within a few minutes. How can I overcome this and become the successful florist I always wanted to be?

Yours,
Tiptoe-ing through Dead Tulips
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:27 am
View Likes
Raven says...

Dear Tiptoe,

You have two choices:
Amputation, which is a very suscessful method, but can get costly.
Or you could simply buy a pair of thick leather gloves, which probably won't work.

Truly yours,

WASP

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My darling WASP,

I think I am in love with you. I can't stop thinking about you. Every night I go to sleep with your beautiful face swimming before my eyes. Each day I write you one thousand poems. Each day I grow more and more upset with the thought of us never being together. I don't know how to express how I feel. No words can bear the burden that my heart has. No lips can express my compassion.

Yours forever and always,

Desperate
~*SapphireBird*~

55 Reviews

Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:16 pm
View Likes
Shafter says...

Dear Desperate,

I believe it's time to tell you the alarming truth: WASP consists of many writers, most of which are girls. So grow up, stop writing those love poems, and focus your affections on someone more sensible. Like Johnny Depp.

Sincerely,
WASP

Dear WASP,

Why is it that every time I invite my friends over, they eat every graham cracker in the house? It's not that I don't like them, but someone's got to curb this graham cracker obsession before they eat me out of house and home! What do you suggest?

Love,
Running Out Of Graham Crackers
Got YWS?

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief