z

Young Writers Society

Name the Character Above You

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 pm
jenni321 says...

Johnny. Not John, John's too serious.

15 year old Irish girl in the early 20th century. Came to America to find work after her mother, and last surviving relative, dies from a bad fever. Works as a maid for a Senator in New York City. Has dark hair, green eyes, very short and skinny. Shy and obediant, afriad to speak up for herself, which can lead to trouble.
On a scale of 1 to Random, I'm pretty ADHD.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:43 pm
KailaMarie says...

Isabella

a yellow rubber duck that is used as a fake class pet for a first grade class. the kids have to put food and water in the box they keep him in and the teacher empties the food and water every night when they go home, so they have to refill it. and they can play with him and involve him in class activities.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:26 am
JC says...

PJ

I'm a girl who's completely adverage in every way, but lives a completely unadverage life.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:13 pm
Carlito says...

hmmmm...that's hard...
Autumn, Brittanie, Charity, Ellyn, Jennalee, Keeley, Kyla, Lily, Sarrah? A lot of names could work for that...

I am 19 years old and in college. I am very sweet and easy to get along with. I am a good listener and people trust me with their problems. I am currently dating a boy named Joel who lost the love of his life in a freak horse-back riding accident. He tried to commit suicide a few times and spent the last year of his life getting is life back. It is still hard for him sometimes so I try to be as understanding and supportive as possible.

(if possible could you give me a list?)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:51 pm
Fan says...

Names that come to mind include: Charity, Hope, Heather, Stella, and even Heidi.

The character I have in mind is around seventeen years old. Life has been pretty good to him. He goes to a prestigious school, is well liked, and he enjoys his life. He doesn't act very serious most of the time, but his helpful words of advice and neutral views make him a good pillar to rely on, even if he does tend to tease people ocasionally. However, even though he has this good life, he's missing some of the things that make it worth living, like a family to love him always no matter what. So his closest friends have become a surrogate family, even if only one of them seems to wonder how he ticks. Maybe she could be the wife....

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:41 am
StolenHearts. says...

A couple that come into my mind are: Jaque, Javon, Damon, Austin, Darrick, Emon,

My character is a girl. Her hair is long, curly and black with eyes like ice, her skin very pale. She is abused and isn't very social, very intelligent and would love to be loved. She has the power to see into the past through skin to earth touch, obviously really different. Not very confident and doesn't break down easily (her will is very strong) She can take on anything if she puts her mind to it but she doubts herself.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm
Tabithalillian says...

Lizbeth Tarbithean

My charecter is a short and skinny 16 year old girl. She isnt very pretty at all, crazy aubern curls fall almost to her waiste, bulging brown eyes and a teensy tiny mouth. She has almost no boobs and was left alone by her parents a little too much and became interested in reading. By doing this fantasy has become her reality. A tad bit too sarcastic for her own good and relys on no one but her self.
Living in a tower

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:47 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Gaby Klein.

A 14 year old girl who is the daughter of a teenage mother who was adopted by a loving family, but she is still very bitter towards her biological mother. She blames all her problems on her mother who couldn't bring her into the world the right way. She thinks she is not pretty, but she very much is with bright green eyes and honey brown hair with pale pink full lips and a dime sized birthmark over her left eyebrow.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

Reviews: 4
Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:54 am
Plushoriam says...

Okay, a few names come to mind (don't blame me is none of them work): Honey, Summer, Mara, Hazel and for some reason, Lilith. Mara means "bitter" in Hebrew so maybe this could intertwine with feelings for her mother?

Okay, this character is a 22 year old female, who loves animals. She loves to fight too but this is often a last resort. She has jet black hair and green eyes, and is rather tall and skinny. She can be too agressive at times and often forgets who's in charge.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:51 pm
StolenHearts. says...

a few names that pop into my head are:Icara, Onyx, Rosaline, Alana, Jaslene, Alice.

My character is a girl of natural beauty who has alot of bad issues. Her biological parents abuse her and she can't understand why, she has a birthmark on her neck. She has flowing bronze hair with deep sea green eyes, very skinny(she's starved)and is a little short. She has two sisters that mock her as well, she cuts herself and is always depressed. She's not very outgoing...always on the negative side of things. She got raped when she was 8 and it haunts her everyday as she notices the guy has found her yet again. She's also got a very pale complexion.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:11 pm
W says...

Clarissa sounds nice for her.

My character was once a grizzly murderer that killed exactly 52 people in a recent spree. However, he was badly injured by the police, and just barely manages to escape. After being led into a strange labratory, his memory is suddenly wiped and he finds himself awake in a fantasy-esque world, assuming a totally different persona as an angent asssigned to invade the world to provoke a young man in the area, to see if he cracks or not. He also thinks he's under the commands of an unknown figure named W. He develops the strange ability to conjur a deck of magical cards (and a fine skill at tarot) and proceeds to manipulate the boy with his sadistic, and overwhelming games.
el oh el

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:21 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Juan.

Alright, so my character is a girl who is often very contained, and doesn't talk to people much. She gets angry rather easily, but usually can calm herself down almost instantly. She's in love with her best friend, Will, but is too scared to tell him. She spends most of her time in random places--usually at night. Staring at distant fires from hills, sitting on the edge of a cliff. She prefers to be alone most of the time, but tolerates most people as much as possible. Her family (mother and sister) don't support her at all, and never see her clearly. She gets in fights with anyone that pushes her far enough--which is usually someone older.
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:48 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hayley, Nina, Lucy (Lu).
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:26 am
View Likes
JC says...

*Nothing* For what else would you name what has never been???

A girl who see's the world though the light of the moon, not the fire of the sun.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:42 am
Nutty says...

Seira. I dunno why.

A short, cheeky thief with messy hair and dark eyes, quick to joke and quick to temper.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness