z

Young Writers Society

Name the Character Above You

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:08 am
xLogan says...

Ashlee, Aspen, Crystal.. Hehe, yeah.

Okay, the bully at school. He has abusive parents that have been verbally and physically abusive to him; he hates his life and everyone in it and beats up children daily because of his parent's abuse.
"People are afraid to die, but are also afraid to live."

[•_•]
robot fayce

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:28 pm
hero says...

Dean, Tom, or Greg Harley; that, or fall back on Butch.

My character is a man, of Russian descent, with an old, out-of-fashion name. He has a tough outer-shell, likes to put people under a lot of stress, and works a physically demanding job. Getting to know him, he can be quite relaxed, helpful, and somewhat likable. He is also gay, but prefers not to tell people.
He has short, dark hair, and eternal stubble. He will wear a dark, filthy trench-coat on the outside, with a cream shirt and pink tie underneath.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:12 pm
Maddyc says...

Grigory, Ivan, Viktor, something like that maybe.

My character is a teenage boy from a very poor background in the north of England. He is a constant attention seeker and most people find him incredibly annoying, and he can be quite intimidating. Despite being an arrogant bully, there is a softer side to him that not many people see. He looks rough, with very short bristly hair, tracksuit bottoms and a white cap. He isn't the brightest of kids, and most would describe him (in British slang) as a chav.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Talulahbelle says...

Egdar!
Mine's a tiny little wood nymph that thinks she's a warrior!
I go to seek a Great Perhaps...

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:24 am
doxieloverjin says...

Tera/Tara comes to mind.

I already have a name for this character, but:

She's nineteen and is really stubborn, but she's smarter than she lets on and has a way of just glancing at people and making them go crazy all day trying to figure out what the look means... if that makes sense...

What do you think? :)
"The tears of the poet fill the pen...
a poet's ink never dries." (P.S. I'm not a poet! lol)

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:18 am
Conrad Rice says...

Sophie.

This guy is kind of old and slow. He's been around quite a while, and he's awfully set in his ways. While he can be really coarse on first glance, if he sees that you're in trouble, he's going to do whatever he can to help you out.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:18 pm
Writersdomain says...

As odd a name as it is... Marvin.

This character has a gritty past and he turns to just about any medium of expression other than dealing with his problems. When intimidated, he lashes out at people cruelly, but, if he sets his mind on protecting and helping you, you can rest assured that you are safe. He's also an obsessive chemist with a long history of addiction.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:07 am
Moriah Leila says...

Marcus Bernard

My character is an elf general. He is a male, tall, with long black hair and violet eyes. He is arrogant, stubborn, and likes to be in control at all times. If it isn't done his way, then it might as well not be done at all. He can also read people's minds, but likes to keep this secret. He is loyal to a fault and is in love with one who does not love him.
I am not addicted to reading, I can quit as soon as I finish one more chapter.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:48 am
pinkangel54123 says...

Maybe Rafael because for some reason that name has always sounded tough to me. Or maybe Tate, or Smith. I'm not veru good with names.

My character is a female fallen angel. She has dark brown hair and eyes. She's short about 4'11". She's often shy, but can be fierce when she thinks something is wrong. She's very naive and doesn't understand why humans act the way they do.
Last edited by pinkangel54123 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:10 am
hero says...

Hannah and Lily are ideas, but I would suggest Nerezza, meaning dark, appropriate for a fallen angel.

This character is one of those guys nobody talks to, who talks to no one, who pushes past you without a word. He wears a dark gray hoodie-jacket, black trousers that haven't been washed in a week, while his eyes have deep shadows. He might be a murderer.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 pm
captain.classy says...

It took me a while, but:
Blake: dark;bright. I wasn't sure if maybe he turns out to be good, so I thought an oxymoron name would fit.
Cole: dark one
Dwane: dark or black (my favorite)
Keir: (if you are looking for something bolder) which means little dark one.

Those were my favorites, hope you like!

So, my character is a dark and sinister old man. He (not to sound corny) is the leader of an evil army that destroys worlds. He has short black hair with red highlights, and blackish eyes.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:14 am
MKate says...

That is exactly the sort of character I get in a writer's block over because I can't think of his name- I keep asking him, but he won't tell me! Anyway, here are a few I think I heard him mumble:

Jake
Donovan
Eric
Vlad
Sven

Umm... Can we make up names? 'cause I'm drawing a blank here.
Fabricating!

Avar, Avarn, or Avarno
Losh
Vlak or Vlack

Hope these helped!

My character is male, in his early twenties, six '2, chocolate-brown hair and deep green eyes. A born leader, but is a bit too proud for his own good.
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12 pm
silverwillow says...

Um... well that's an interesting description. Since he's in his early twenties, I'd say something like Nathan or Devin... maybe Alex...

My character is a male in his early twenties. He's got hair like Ben Barnes' (black), and he's really intelligent and quiet. He wears glasses, and he's tall. His eyes are what freak people out because they're mixed shades of green...
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
-Carl Sagan

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 am
Maddy says...

Silverwillow: Thomas, Lucas, Daniel, Toby.

I have a grandma in her late 70s. She's polite, a little gigglish, absolutely adores knitted toys, loves making tomato soup, curious and helpful
Her personality is somewhat years behind of what she looks like: She would remind you of a determind, sweet-hearted girl who has alot of aspirations.
Any ideas?
-If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!
-"Careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming."

This awesome post bought to you by me. :)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:38 am
MKate says...

Ha! you just described my Mom!

I'd say Laura,
Mary,
Tasha,
Opal,
Anne,
or Rosamund.

K', I've got another guy... Tall, blond, hansom, blue eyes, a cleft in his chin, and charm that could melt butter- but don't let his appearance fool you, because underneath that hansom shell lurks a really rotten, selfish person.
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James