z

Young Writers Society

Your Novel (or whatever it is)

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:36 pm
View Likes
Manny says...

I was bored this morning, so I started fiddling around with photoshop. I've been working on a story for a while now and decided to make a mock-cover for it. Surprisingly, it inspired me to actually work on the story. So I thought, "Why not have a place for other people to share their own covers and get inspired and what not. So I'll post mine and the next person will comment on it and then post theirs and the cycle repeats like that forever. And mods, if this doesn't belong here, just move it or close it, whichever is easiest.

So here's The All-Seeing Glasses:

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm
Aedomir says...

I made one the other day in fact, on flash (wierd program to use yes lol) Note, it is no longer Salgaii, but Serigiil. I made a map 2 lol.

Its a bit crap :-D
Attachments
thing.jpg
Cover
thing.jpg (120.95 KiB) Viewed 548 times
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:32 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

I'm afraid that the cover I have in mind is beyond my skills now. I haven't fiddled with Photoshop since I was in nineth grade, so quite a while. Still, I haven't forgot the basic language to writing HTML and such, so I'll see what I can scrounge up. XD Please laugh because it'll be terrible, and not nearly as dynamic.

Excellent thread by the way. I'll be back often to check out other's covers. :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

362 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:10 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Uhm, the basic layout of my crappy cover, lol.

I did this in Paint - very painful. Makes me miss Photoshop tons.

Pretty lame, eh? ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:28 pm
View Likes
Manny says...

Pretty good for something done in Paint, I'd say. I like the upper-right picture the most. So is Bound for Glory Historical Fiction?

362 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:40 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Hey Mantis!

Indeed it is. This cover is basically a layout of more or less the events that have or will probably take place in the story. Kinda like a script using photos instead of written words. ;) Yes, The upper-right picture is pretty sweet. I like the bottom-right too.

General Gage and Sam Adams have the same hair-doo. XD Too funny.

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina