z

Young Writers Society

Rate The Idea Above You!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:05 am
View Likes
Khe Sahn says...

Yeah, it was alright. I'd probably read it :P 7/10.

Oh and by the way, the one before the one I reviewed said:
Jake Farrel

I have a friend called Jake Farrell... hahaha.

Anyway, here's my idea.

Tugga is a dog who's owner that he refers to as "master" goes off to war and takes him with him.
He becomes one of those pet mascots for the people who are at war. His role is somewhat irrelevant, but he more or less tells the story of the war. It is told through the eyes of the dog, in first person, but a lot of the things the dog describes differently, due to him being a dog, and he will also seem almost innocent when it comes to the war when all he thinks about is food and things like that. I don't really know, but I've been wanting to write something like this for a while.
99% of people die when killed. If you are in the 1% who doesn't, put this in your signature.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:56 am
View Likes
emmylou1995 says...

It sounds like it could be interesting, if you used the right descriptions. 6/10.

Mine:
I was thinking that I would write a story about the early days of the Pied Piper. I named him Remigious Dawn and the story is about his life before he went to Hamlin and rid them of the rats.
When all you have is nothing, there is alot to go around.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:59 am
View Likes
Krupp says...

7/10. Writing stories about legends during parts not largely known about their lives is always pretty cool. Stephen R. Lawhead likes to do that, to a degree....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
A boy wakes up in the desert part of his world, a healed-over bullet wound on his head, and nothing but the clothes on his back. He was given a task of great importance; to save the world from the dying cancer that eats it away, the cancer being rival spirit-beings who control the several different zones of the planet. The boy must first unite his own desert people, and undergo difficulties including facing opposing races from the other zones, and taking a trip through the hellacious underworld of Decay in order to save everyone he loves, and become the warrior-messiah he was destined to become.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:22 am
View Likes
Jamie_rocks says...

Hmm... I'd say 7/1. It could be very good, depending on how it's written.

------------------------

Okay, so I developed this plot the other day while my friend was making me sit through her homecoming game, so it's still a little rough. I don't have a catchy, interesting synopsis thing yet, but the plot is pretty much as follows.

David Cobb used to date Naomi Green, and she would complain incessantly about just about every aspect of her looks. She dumped him. He was still madly in love with her. Unfortunately, he's also crazy. So David decides that to win Naomi back, he's going to "help" her, by perfecting the way she's looks, thinking that's what she wants and it will make her happy. Like I said though, he's crazy, and he decided he's going to do the "fixing" himself. So David kidnaps Naomi and holes her up somewhere, then goes out and, one by one, stalks women with one or more absolutely perfect feature (eyes, lips, legs, etc.), kidnaps them too, cuts off Naomi's imperfect feature (Eyes, lips, legs, etc.), and replaces it with the cut off perfect feature from the other lady. The logic is a little hard to follow, I know. It's not my fault he's messed up. So I'm thinking the story will be told third-person from the perspective of Laurie, who is David's intended target in the beginning of the novel.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

160 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:46 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

8/10 it sounds messed up, but a great idea nonetheless. You can tell when it's Halloween, because everyone starts thinking up creepy story ideas hahahaha.....
------------------------------------------------------------------
A boy is busy working at school, but slowly becomes suicidal when he learns his dad is killed in Afghanistan. As the fall turns into winter he becomes a hardened and cynical person, bitter to the core, even acting cold towards old friends. His friendships and relationships are almost all falling apart, and he seems to stand alone, until a solitary walk in the woods brings him into contact with a clan of men and women, anarchistic and violent in temper, who shun society and dwell on the edge of town, in the forest. He joins them, and is thrust into a whole new order of life far darker than the one he just left behind. The boy must find a way to break away, or risk losing his sanity.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:19 pm
View Likes
Jetpack says...

7/10 The idea of a clan living in the woods sounds a bit odd. But I like the rest.
I've only got a basic idea. It's still in the processing stages right now.

-x-

A man wakes up one morning, and remembers nothing. Not who he is, not where he is - it even feels like he's speaking for the first time. He's been left a note, written in scruffy handwriting on paper torn from a hotel's notepad. The insignia is still visible, and he stares at it for many minutes before his brain remembers the letters he needs to read the messy scrawl. There are only two words. Welcome back.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:43 pm
View Likes
Merlin34 says...

9/10: Would so read that.

---

One of two rival nations develops a disease and a vaccine for the disease and looses the disease on the other country's people. A month later, they offer the vaccine to the government of the disease-afflicted country, in return for ending a series of economic sanctions. Little do they know that the vaccine contains mind-control nanobots.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:34 pm
View Likes
Critiq says...

Would've liked it better without they last sentence. A political thriller about the dangerous of biological warfare vs. mind control story. Hmm...
But, as is, I give it 7/10.

~

As for my idea...

A wife, gagged and tied on top of a building, is given one last phone call and ten minutes by her psychologist wannabe murderer. She calls her husband, telling her to get her where they had their first date, who rushes of across town in order to save her. The murderer, seeing the man she called barrel down the other side of the river and go to the wrong place, mocks her husband and gives her another phone call, leaving the scene laughing hysterically. She calls her husband, who interrupts her and tells her to come to the building they had their first date in after work, where he's waiting to take her out to dinner again. The wife throws the phone down in disgust before dropping to the pavement below in front of her husband.

The wife, with her first call, called the wrong number.
Spoiler! :
I like people thinking that I have something so scandalous to say that I put it in spoiler tags, and I'm sorry that because of this selfish desire you were roped into reading this for not real lasting value.

160 Reviews

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:09 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

8.5/10 sounds a little confusing, so be careful how many twists you pile on, but otherwise the ending makes it perfect hahahaha.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Devin Marker is a twenty-five year old man born in Bluefield, West Virginia, now residing on the outskirts of Washington DC. He is a retired amatuer mixed martial artist after breaking his hand for the fourth time. Settled down on the base of a small mountain with his nineteen year old sister, he is forced to take care of her while trying to pay the bills and live a quiet, satisfying life. This of course is very difficult for him, and with the booming growth of mixed martial arts on the rise in popularity, becoming a professional mixed martial artist is a tempting notion that Devin manages to shun. However, when Devin loses his job, his options become limited. Strapped for cash, needing to pay to feed his sister and himself, Devin makes a choice to step back into mma professionally. In order to ensure that he makes more money, he hypes up fights by playing the villain against everyone he faces. This story is about a man who does what he has to do in order to get by in life, and takes no pride in what he does whatsoever.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 pm
View Likes
foxfire says...

it's a nice story but to be honest...i think i've seen it before...7/10

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the story i just came up with:

Set in dystopian central europe during the future, it tells of a story of a group of orphans who are placed under a coma by various scientists belonging to the western europe empire. These orphans within their coma, live on an urban city were they are force to engage in a death match for the entertainment of Western Europe. This is to fuel the citizens of the empire to continue the war against their European counterpart (Eastern Europe).
It will be taken in two perspective: a person who is within the coma and a scientist who looks out for them
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 pm
View Likes
Merlin34 says...

Seems a bit cliche to me, but you could probably pull it off right. 7.5/10.

-

A young girl wakes up on the side of a mountain, a brown bear staring down at her. She screams and tries to flee, but the bear runs toward her, and with his mind, tells her that she had been in danger, and that a man had commanded him to protect her.
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:20 am
View Likes
Conrad Rice says...

It's got promise, but you're going to need to develop it a bit more.

-

A boy from the Wild West is thrown into a universe parallel to his own, where centaurs interact with humans on a daily basis. He must find a way to get home, as well as help a group of townsfolk defend their homes from both an overzealous Colonel and a marauding group of centaur bandits.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

160 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:44 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

7.5/10 reminds me of The Dark Tower series a little bit...but I've always like surreal western novel ideas. There's something about them that's so cool.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A young college graduate meets the girl of his dreams, who is a singer in a local and successful noise-rock band. He becomes obssessed with her despite her being bipolar and unstable to be around. The more he spends time with her, the more he becomes aware of the fact that she is hiding a dark secret in her life from him, and when he finally learns the truth, he discovers that he is not the only one courting the girl, and contends with a thousand year old immortal warrior of a ancient society of warriors who face off against earthly incarnations of the soul that still haunt the earth (ghosts). The two men wage for the girl's love in a battle that causes havoc all across the city of Chicago. The young man must learn how to become a doomwalker, like his opponent, or otherwise lose his life and the love of it.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 am
View Likes
hero says...

8.3/10. Its got something, and I might read it. But doesn't the girl have anything to say/do about it? etc. etc.
---------------------------------------------------
Helen Sharp's body is unusual; half of it is black and burnt in a fire when she was four, the other half is white and pretty. Subsequently, she is avoided by most of the children in any school she goes to. She is in foster care, and has no idea what she's going to do with her life, looking like this.
At her new school, she finds that she can't get away from a certain group of people, despite the fact that she hates most of them. Oh yeah, and there's the fact that on her first day, it snows, in September, the third day, lightning strikes one of the teachers, and one of the group, Alexander, has basically become the long hand of the law in the school, despite his general attitude ('get out of my way, or I will kill you').
At a Tequila Sunrise (Helen's favorite band) gig, Helen finds out a couple of things:
1) Ragnarok, the Norse end of the world and fate of the gods, draws closer.
2) That little group are some of the gods' reincarnations, who will become more like their god-selves as the god/goddess's death draws closer. She herself is Hel, the goddess of death. The major two, Loki and Odin, will not be reincarnated until after Ragnarok.
3) Helen can either sit around and wait for it all to happen, or stop her rampant father, werewolf brother, and the end of the world.
Thus begins a quest to make postpone Ragnarok, and get into the swing of being the goddess of death.
This guy is so evil you could put him in between two slices of bread and call him an evil sandwich.

Coming at you like a jetpack Shakespeare.

Hero's Reviews
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic53905.html

160 Reviews

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:16 am
Krupp says...

I was actually about to post on here a Norse Mythology-influenced idea of my own, but seeings as that yours is pretty cool, I'll give it a 9/10 because Norse stuff is awesome.
----------------------------

I guess I'll post my idea as well, though it's somewhat similar to yours. Basically, the gods we knew in the Norse mythology were not truly 'gods' per se, but actually just essences of energy that created a battle for power in their universe - hence the battle, Ragnarok. Once it is all said and done, many of the gods are dead. However, instead of dying from his wounds in battle, Thor's essence finds itself transported from its reality into our own world, where he discovers that Loki has survived as well, and it determined to destroy the planet as an act of revenge. Thor pursues Loki with the help of several human beings, and the race to halt a second Ragnarok ensues.

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore