z

Young Writers Society

Rate The Idea Above You!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm
View Likes
Layla says...

This is jus a summary So tell me what you think!!!!!
15 year old Michelle Slim can see the dead and has visions. One day her mom goes missing and after a few weeks, her best friend does too. Michelle and her sister decide to put pieces together to find the kidnppare/ serial killer and bring him or her to justice. Along the journey the sisters grow an unbreakable bond and understand who can and cannot be trusted( probably doesn't sound good right now but it'll get so good!)
I hope someday that someone will walk into my life and help me realize why it never worked out with him or anyone else.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 pm
View Likes
PhoenixBishop says...

To Krupp's I'd say a 9/10. Haven't read anything on Norse Mythology. Saying that I can tell it's done very originally.

To Layla I'd say 6/10

Here is mine. A young man gets hit by lighting on his wedding day and is rushed to the hospital where he is clinically dead for a few minutes. When he comes back to life he can see spirits and worst off he sees a dark monster that is sucking the spirits out of dying people. A young woman and teen battles the creature which apparently he can only see. With his help they kill the thing and it disperses releasing thousands of souls. The two leave and the young man must discover who they are and how to use his new sight, because seeing dead people is the least of his worries.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

An interesting concept. I've always found the supernatural fascinating, aside from my own spiritual beliefs of course...

7.5/10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A boy living at home in Virginia for the summer finds his life is going nowhere, and he is constantly depressed about the world he sees burning around him. He often considers suicide. One day he gets caught in the middle of a crossfire gunfight at a bar, only to be dragged away by the winner of the shootout, who turns out to be a known felon, and a resident of the Public Enemies list. The boy follows this man across the state, realizing the man's ideals are similar to his own. They take off on an adventure of revenge, determined to make right a wrong that has been looked over by the local state police, and chase another local criminal throughout VA in order to do what they believe is a right of divinity.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:39 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

9/10
I think that you have a seriously good idea there! It's original and it's definitely the kind of thing that I'd read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My story would be focused on two seventeen year olds, a boy and a girl. The story would begin in the era of World War 1. The guy would be emigrated to the country, where the girl lives. The story would be about what happens throughout the next few months, eventually ending with the boy being killed by a bombing. He was saving the girl when this happened.

This is where it kind of gets confusing...

Then, the story begins again. Except this time it's in the 21st century. The boy gets moved to a children's home, where the girl lives. Similar events to what happened before happen, sparking the memories of the two teenagers. They eventually realise that something weird is going on. At the end of the story, there is a fire. The two teenagers are trapped, and they both realise what is going to happen. The boy is going to die. The question is, can they change fate before it's too late?

I don't really like this... but yeah... :lol:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Random avatar

Reviews: 25
Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:12 pm
View Likes
Hypocrit says...

3/10 To be honest, it sounds like a Walgreen's novel. Possibly the best one on the shelf, possibly worth lifting even, but not worth the five dollars.

This is an idea for a poem.

A man chews glass while watching a little girl scab her knee.
You know how dumb the average guy is, right? Well, mathematically, by definition, half of them are even dumber than that.
JR ‘Bob’ Dobbs

TW's Red Cross Blue Shield. A CRITIQUE FOR EVERY YWSIAN!

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:56 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Um... :?
2/10...
Unless you write it really well, I don't think that would be very appealing... at all...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John* can see the earthbound spirits. John's parents get killed in a car accident. One day, he meets a girl, Julie*. John spends time in Julie's house, doing a Science project. There he meets Julie's deceased mother. His father has remarried since since her death.

Later on in the story, John discovers that Julie's step mother is responsible for her real mother's death. She was killed because Julie's step mother was in love with her father, and had been having an affair. John also discovers that Julie's step mother is responsible for his own parents deaths, because they found out about what she did to Julie's parents.

John then confronts Julie's step mother, resulting in him and Julie getting locked inside Julie's house with her step mother. With the help of Julie's mother's ghost, John and Julie have to try and escape from the house.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It actually sounds really weirdly bad... :lol: but these are just the basics of what my idea is. I've actually got the beginning of it on YWS ~ Here it is

*Not their actual names...
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:28 pm
View Likes
emmylou1995 says...

4/10. It just doesnt sound interesting.

Story
Takes place in a world called Ronaria.
Kala loses her mother, seven years in the past from when the story takes place.
Kala needs to find a teacher of the old magic. She will do anything to get him be her teacher. But, that means she would have to bind him to her in order for him not to kill her. And, in order to do that, she has to venture into Myrr clan territory. Into the very land of the people who stole her mother and want her dead.
At some point in the novel, an assassin who tries to kill Kala ends up falling in love with her but betrays her to the sages(Dark wizards of Ronaria.)
When all you have is nothing, there is alot to go around.

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm
View Likes
Razcoon says...

8/10 I like it!

Summary:
May Farren doesn't remember the year she was nine. She just woke in a hospital bed one day with amnesia to find that both her parents are dead since early on in the year, and she nearly died herself. Nobody knows exactly what happened. She was sent to live with her aunt.

Seven years later, she and her aunt move to a small town. When she's running late to school, rollerblading down the sidewalk, she accidentally collides with a boy around her age. He looks unnervingly familiar, and after he looks at her as though he's seen a ghost, he runs. His name is Leo Kozac, and something about seeing him triggers her memory.

This story alternates between May and Leo's view points, from both the present and the past as May gradually remembers everything that happened that year. [Note: What happened that year is the main plot, but I don't want to give away too much!]
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:31 pm
View Likes
FashionistState says...

8/10. Interesting, and I like the structural idea. :)

(Apologies for all this backstory...)

A few decades into the future, many scientists have been involved in trying to cure the parasite that developed and spread across virtually the entire population. (If untreated, this parasite will slowly create madness in the afflicted person, until, at breaking point, they go into a coma-like state.) The authorities decided to use this to their advantage. They began cloning and releasing the parasite into the water supply, and distributed the newly-found treatment worldwide... Worldwide, except the Waiting Rooms.

The Waiting Rooms are the equivalent to prisons. Any act against authority will lead to the criminal being locked in a Waiting Room and deprived of their treatment for a certain number of weeks, in which they must work between long periods of boredom. One week is saved for the pettiest crimes; if they are sentenced two months they will almost certainly go into a coma - and then be forced through this world's next stage of 'community service' - as crash test dummies. Sure, it's immoral and a little sick, but the world has never been so obedient. Ahem.

Carissa Baumann is an overseer in one of these Waiting Rooms. She’s been fairly obedient so far, and thinks of the punishment system as normal...But she meets a mysterious young man named Daniel Tombs, who has just moved in next door to her. She makes an effort to get to know him better, and he invites her to a dinner party at his house. When everybody else leaves, he asks her a question: "Will you ever rebel?" She then departs, unsure of what to make of this.

She finds herself deconstructing her world, even toying with the idea of turning him in, until she makes her decision. Though it is a 'yes', she will quickly run into a large predicament. I won't reveal any more, but the end of the story should lead to further stories regarding those in different locations and situations also being pushed to rebel...because there aren't enough dystopian novels/stories with (semi) happy endings! x3
... Unless it's a farm.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:23 pm
View Likes
Wariofart says...

7/10. It seems kinda cliche (sorry!). Let me guess the plot from here: she rebels, which causes a grand uprising from the other citizens, which cause a full-out civil war. It just feels like I've read this story before. I like the premise of it, and the disease seems more interesting then the standard zombie-type-thing. It really all depends on how you present the world and characters though. Even the most predictable plot can be awesome with sweet characters.

This is a brief summary of my novel idea for JulNoWriMo.

Raven was supposed to be a medical marvel. He was the first human embryo to have bird DNA injected into him. The doctors were certain he would have wings and be able to fly. But instead, Raven became a monster. Instead of glossy black wings, his are gray, mangled and useless. His mother died in childbirth, leaving his father with a freak. Now Raven is 16, trying to live with his mutation in a small southern town along with trying to figure out why he is the way he is (they can't remove the wings or he will die). The story is about how Raven came into being, and him trying to live with being a freak.
"This is a song for a scribbled out name
That my love keeps writing again and again
And again"

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:50 pm
View Likes
ShelraofWaral says...

The mutated bodies and gene transplant technique have to some extent ruled the science fiction stories. But, your plot is very unique. So I give it 8/10. I think monster and human are two varied forms of life. I mean the psychology of monsters(even if it is mutated) will be likely to differ from those of humans. How does Raven(who is the monster) behave with human beings in the story?

This is my idea of my fiction that I am planning to write:
The theme of my story involves a young adventurous girl who lives with her grandparents in a small island. She lives in a large secluded house famously known for its ghost stories. The legend of this island says that a strange creature has eaten up the native residents of this island. One fine day, She finds a piece of wood floating in the still waters in a nearby lake. This was highly unusual for her as she hadn't never encountered anything floating in the lake .And there was no tree nearby. When she finally picks up the piece of wood from the waters, she was half shocked half excited to see a weired crude map depicting her home. Something unusual was also written on it, but she was unable to decipher as the writing was extremely small. She virtually embarks on a quest to ravel the secret of this island. Why had it was neglected by the world and what actually happened to its residents? :D
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. ~~
Steven Covey "

"For me, writing is a world where I am desperately trying to find my voice"

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:01 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

8/10
I like the idea, but I find it a bit done.

About a year in the future, a disease sweeps the world and affects everything except the human race-the sky turns toxic orange, plants are ggrey and dark green, food is scarce and unpleasant. 57 years after the disease, a young soldier, Rai Thames, climbs over the walls of Buckingham Palace, and approaches the Girl Queen, Venie Midsummer. Rai is part of a rebel movement trying to dicover the course of the disease.
(This is as far as I got.)
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:28 pm
View Likes
iceprincess says...

5/10. If you elaborated more and made it clearer, it might be quite an interesting read.

I have two ideas, so can you guys help me rate them both? :D

Idea One (for a novel):

There are actually guardian angels in this world. They are here to guide their ward, but their wards can't see them at all. One special guardian angel did the unthinkable --- he fell in love with his own ward, and so he got kicked out of heaven and lost his wings. Now a normal human being, he struggles with his mortal life and becomes depressed, but at least --- he thought --- he could spend time together with his unrequited love.

Soon, his good friends, the Aericus (whose job is to bestow dreams on people) helps him finds a way back to heaven, but it would mean that he would have to leave her behind and she would forget that he ever existed. Desperate to have his wings back, he decides to leave her forever, but she dies soon after (she was seriously depressed and had no friends at all). He agonises over his stupid decision, and decides to go down into the depths of the Underworld to bring her back.

He encounters many obstacles in his path to the Underworld, but he, against all odds, finally made it there. To his horror, he couldn't bring the girl back to life, for he is only a petty guardian angel and not an archangel, and this piece of knowledge drives him insane. He aimlessly wanders the Underworld and hallucinates about her every single moment for another hundred years before the Aericus finally find him. In the end, the Creator, touched by the guardian angel's love for the girl, lets him spend a last day with her before he dissolves into oblivion.

Idea Two (for a series of short stories):

A young girl drops out of high school and works at a coffee shop in a small town in order to earn enough money for her to go to art collage. She meets kindred spirits and through certain events that happened while working at the coffee shop, finally understands that maybe --- just maybe --- she isn't alone and misunderstood after all. This is her story, about how a rebellious teenager became wiser, into a respected young woman.
you'll never find another sweet little girl with sequined sea foam eyes
ocean lapping voice, smile coy as the brightest quiet span of sky
and you're all alone again tonight; not again, not again, not again.
and don't it feel alright, and don't it feel so nice? lovely.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:42 am
View Likes
TalaPaulwic says...

2/10
Your first idea is so horribly cliched I wouldn't read it unless it was the last piece of writing on earth.

1/10
Your second idea is even more cliched then the first.

Sorry I didn't give you anything higher.

Idea.
It's a series just of newspapers from the underworld. It's fully stocked. Has a sports page, ads, stories of things that happened. All that fun stuff.
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:40 am
View Likes
Loller65 says...

7/10 Pretty funny idea, reminds me of the idea I came up where Heaven is forced to employ all the deceased people there to help answer prayers, which are sent up to Heaven like a letter, and Heaven becomes a crazily understaffed post office.

But that's not my idea. The below is my real idea.

A man who once held a very high ranking office in the CIA dies after a very enjoyable retirement. Right before he dies, he manages to type up one last document and seals it in an envelope. A sect of domestic terrorists devoted to tearing down the US government catches wind of this and believes it to be a document revealing the corruption of the government.

Anyhow, in his will, the man left it to his 3 sons. As they collect their things and begin to leave, the building where the will is being executed comes under attack by the terrorists. The novel then becomes a chase between the terrorists and the brothers across the country. The brothers are attempting to get from Oregon to Washington DC to deliver the document to the CIA. The novel culminates outside of Washington DC, where the leader of the terrorists holds a gun to the eldest brother's head and read the document to him. He takes it out and reads it, only to discover that it does not reveal any of the government's secrets. It is instead simply a really good recipe for chicken salad the father came up with before his death.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria