z

Young Writers Society

Daily Writing Challenges!

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:14 pm
Jennafina says...

Writing camp time! Every day for the duration of YWS's birthday celebrations I'm going to post a quick writing challenge/prompt. Your entry doesn't have to be long, two or three paragraphs is just fine. Post your entries here, in this thread!

I hope this is fun. :) If you've got any questions, just ask.

Day One (Sunday)

You wake up one morning, to find yourself floating a few feet above your bed. Your gravity has mysteriously disappeared.

Day Two (Monday)

Having recovered your gravity, you have been assigned an egg of a rare animal scientists thought was extinct, to protect. You need to keep it 100% safe, for 48 hours.

Day Three (Tuesday)

Someone has left their time machine unattended in your backyard.
Last edited by Jennafina on Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:39 pm
Rydia says...

Well it's not Sunday any longer but you don't seem to have posted the next so I think I'll have a go at yesterdays, just for fun -

What's that? Oh yeah. My alarm. I reached across, batting the air with my arm as I searched for my alarm clock. A little further right? No. Not there. How strange. With the insistent ringing still sounding in my ears, I levered my heavy eyes open and with the intake of light came the realisation that there was nothing solid underneath me. My first instinct was to sit up but, not used to levitation, I wasn't sure how this would affect my body's current position.

Well the worst that can happen is you'll fall to your bed, right? Right. I tried moving my arm and then felt rather foolish for hadn't I already proved that action possible? I decided to be more daring and lifted a leg higher into the air and then gradually lowered in until my toes were brushing the crisp sheet on my bed. I raised the leg again, slower still and found myself still floating.

Well this is all very interesting but not getting me very far. I rolled over, reached down and picked up my alarm clock. Hitting the 'off' button I suddenly fell and my head smashed into the bed-post resulting into a searing pain and an absence of consciousness. When I later awoke, it was to find myself in bed looking up at my mother who informed me that I must have rolled over in the night, fallen from my bed and hit my head on the floor. Did I? Or was I levitating? I decided to throw myself off a building later that day.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:54 pm
jonny911 says...

I'll do Sunday and Monday. OOH THE SUSPENSE

A deafaning buzz ran through my ears. Not again, I thought. I saw one of the guards by the nearest door.
"You know man, you should really turn those down a little. It's hard to sleep with all those loud sounds goin' on!"
"Thats the point, sir."
"Well then Mr. Cranky, I"ll just turn it down myself."
I jumped to my feet and jumped of the bed. Unfortunately, I found myself several feet above my bed, and managed to land on one of my more pointy bedposts.
The gaurd snickered.
"You know, I don't like sassyback-talk, man! And what was that?"
I hobbled over to the man, and just then another gaurd came in. I said to him, "you know you're friend messed with my gravity over here!"
"Unfortunately, he does that sometimes. Come with me."
I hobbled behin him without much sucsess, so when we came to a sloped hallway I felt relived, and I rolled on my back, after him. Scuffing my cool shoes, might I add.
"So, Mr..."
"It's Tim or something"
"Okay, Mr. Timeorsomething, do you know of the animal called the chicken? They are very rare."
"Not exactly what I'd call rare..."
"That's what scientists say."
"Maybe they're wrong."
"Whatever you say. I have been told to give you an assignment. You must protect this egg for 48 hours. No sleep, no food. Keep the egg safe.
-----------------------------------------
47 hours later, I stood over the body of a T-Rex, several thousand killer bees, a giant Japanese robot, and two evil chimpanzees. You'd think a top secret lab would have better security. I was going to sit down but the arrival of two half ninja, half lobster people interrupted. I used my karate moves on them (pink belt, oh yeah) and they went down crying. I had sucsessfully completed my mission. Except for those evil doodle cakes.
Doodlecakes always ruin my fun.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos