z

Young Writers Society

Character Personalities- Quiz

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:48 pm
Wolf says...

(I rated this PG-13 because I know that there may be some crude language involved...^^)
I think it's a cool game and it helps people who have just started developing their characters to get to know them. Here are the rules/guidelines:
•1) Ok, this is what happens: You post a series of questions (no less than 3, no more than 6) and the person who reads it and decides to reply answers them. After they've answered, they skip a couple of lines and make some questions for the next person to follow.
•2) The questions have to be character-related. You'll see what I mean once I do my first questions.
•3) You don't have to answer all the questions; if you can't think of an answer, just say so. But please try to reply to as many as you can!
•4) Please don't be rude/mean/offensive to anyone! Just try to have fun and enjoy the activity!
P.S. Please post your character's name and gender before your answers!
-----------------
(Next person answers the following)
1. Does your character have a name that means something in their language/some language? If so, what?
2. What would they do if confronted with death?
3. Let's assume that someone likes/loves your character, but your character doesn't love them. What would they do?
>>
(I'm going to answer these questions in case anyone still doesn't understand it. But the next person to post still has to answer my questions!)
ANSWERS:
(Name: Ayra)
(Gender: Female)
1. Her name comes from her native language (name of tongue still undecided). Translated into English, it means 'Dark star'
2. She would spit at her supposed killer, or burst into maniacal laughter, and then run like hell in the opposite direction. ^^
3. hhmm...She would probably pretend to ignore it, even though it is painfully obviously. [She has very little interest in romance until later in the book]
------------
Now answer away!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:14 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Marc Beauregard
Female
Human

1. Her name is Marcella Lucille Beauregard. Marcella means "warrior", Lucille means "light" and Beauregard means "beautiful view."

2. She faces death a couple times in my book, and honestly, it freaks her out. Mostly because the creatures that are trying to kill her are invisible voices in her head. But after a while he eventually just gets really ticked and kicks some major butt, because that's the kind of person she is. :D

3. Haha, that actually happens in Marc's story. She's so painfully clueless it's hilarious. She has no idea when someone is flirting. She's got a really low self esteem. She believes that no one could ever like/love her.
Last edited by lyrical_sunshine on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:17 am
Wolf says...

Cool 8)
Have you written anything about her? If so, I'd like to read it :)
But...um...you're supposed to post a series of questions too, for the next person...
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

241 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:24 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

OH! sorry lol. Yes, I have written stuff, but I'm not posting it on this site b/c I'm not sure how it works, what with publishing on a website and then trying to publish with a company. But if you'd like to read about her, I can PM you bits of the story or something. I'm dying for feedback.

What's your biggest fear?

Favorite food?

Are you laid-back or aggressive?

How old are you?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:29 am
Wolf says...

Ok, that would be cool 8) Anyways, I'll just answer these questions...
ANSWERS:
1. Biggest fear= The Chinook (a character in my book) She would never admit it to anyone, not even her best friends, but still...
2. Favourite food= Meat. Seriously. She's a meataholic.
3. hhmmm...that's a tough one. She wouldn't attack someone for no reason unless she was in one of her curse-induced frenzies, but even then it would be rare. But she can get all snarly when confronted with enemies or to protect her friends.
4. On Earth, her supposed 'homeland', she is 14 years old.
QUESTIONS:
1. Any pets/familiars/companions? This can include non-animal friends too ^^
2. Are her/his parents dead? If so, how?
3. Do they have any siblings? If so, who?
4. What would they do if they were to hear some secret of their friend's, a secret that they find insulting?
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

241 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:45 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

1. At the beginning she basically has no friends, but stuff happens later...ahem. She has a Dalmatian named Bernie. :D

2. Her dad's dead. Can't tell you how. ;)

3. Only child.

4. Confront them. Absolutely. And kick their butt.

QUESTIONS

1. Favorite animal?
2. Hobbies?
3. Favorite place in the world?

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:52 am
Wolf says...

ANSWERS:
1. Well, that's tough to answer. As she has a Second Nature [an animal form which she may turn into at will] that is a Niranian Wolf, she feels warmly towards that species, but she loves her dragon too. I'd just say wolf because she spends so much time with her friends from the Wolf's Den.
2. She kicks ass at Swordmanship, and she practices often, but she also enjoys flying [on her dragon] So many others, though; painting, swimming, hunting and running, to name a few :P
3. hhmmm...The world she lives in [name undecided] is quite vast...but she especially enjoys her homeland in Iyr, or the Kingdom of Rain.
QUESTIONS:
1. What does she look like? (Please, please ask me this after!)
2. Let's just say that a friend of hers was killed by some foe of great and terrible power. What would she do?
3. Worst enemies?
4. Any things she is horrible at?
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:58 am
MadHatter says...

ANSWERS

1. She's about 5'6, has blonde hair, blue eyes. She wears random odds and ends when she can find them.
2. Oh, she'd whoop them. Of course, she's already witnessed the love of her life mutilated by her uncle
3. Benjamin Tennyson, Vilgax, and Dr. Animo
4. Paying attention and flying the space ship her and her partners live in

Questions

1. What does he/she look like?
2. What are their strong points?
3. What are their weaknesses?
4. What time do they live in?
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:06 am
Wolf says...

Fancy seeing you here, Mad! :lol:
Oh, and lyrical_sunshine, you can choose to answer whoever's questions you want. Or both sets. Whatever, anything works.
ANSWERS:
1. She's relatively tall, with a lithe, slender build that, while graceful, is also strong. Her skin is almost always cold to the touch, and it is lightly tanned from being outside most of the day. Her hair goes halfway down her back, and it is straight with a slight flip at the edges (Can't explain it very well). In colour it is ink-black, with a freezing blue tint. Like all Mirokai/elves, she is stunning; with a wild, ethereal beauty. (High, prominent cheekbones, sculpted lips, finely curved eyebrows) She's got some freckles and her eyes are a dark sea-green.
2. She's a wicked swordsman, and has a gift with animals. Not a bad flyer, either. Quick-witted.
3. Horrible at poetry, just horrible. Also, she can't shut her trap sometimes and it gets her into a lot of trouble. Oh, and she simply can't play most instruments.
4. She lives in another world...there's no technology there, but it isn't cave-man era.
Last edited by Wolf on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:08 am
Wolf says...

QUESTIONS:
1. What's their basic personality?
2. What element[s] suit them best? (ex: Fire)
3. What animal are they most like, and why?
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:13 am
Fishr says...

5ft, 8in. Lean and broad. Brown, shoulder-length hair, tide back into a ponytail. Parts of Samuel's hair has already begun graying at the age of Twenty-One.

Fiercely loyal to family and close friends. (That's one).

Rash judgements often lead to rash actions. Thus, Samuel tends to put himself, his family's safety/life, and the radical Whigs's plans in disarray. His reactions are rooted from a temper.

Presently, 1770. Samuel, though, was born - Aug. 5th, 1749.

Questions

What's your cloathing style like?

Do you enjoy weapons?

Are you currently at war or been in a battle of some sort?

Who's your trusted allie?
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:19 am
Wolf says...

ANSWERS:
1. She wears a whole variety of clothing; hunting leathers to skirts, she couldn't care less.
2. She loves weapons. Especially swords and bows, which are her main weapons.
3. Yes, she is. Currently, she is formulating a plan to avenge her father's untimely death.
4. Her dragon, tSar, her best friend Guinevere and her friend/crush Ven.
(I would write more questions but I've got to eat dinner now. I'll probably be back though)
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:36 am
Wolf says...

(Back from Dinner)
QUESTIONS:
-Just answer the questions I posted in the post before fishr's.-
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:47 am
MadHatter says...

1. Her basic personality is cocky, yet humble. She has a fiery temper, but is very kind and calm.

2. Anything. She's very flexible

3. She's most like a polar bear. Beautiful, yet viscous and dangerous.

Questions

1. What color suits them best?
2. What kind of world do they live in?
3. What do they look like?
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

602 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:53 am
Wolf says...

ANSWERS:
1. I really don't know...she's fiery but icy at the same time, so if she were fire it would be a cold, blue fire. Odd, but still...I can't decide on one colour but it would be in the cool colours; blue, green, purple, etc.
2. Well. That's a big question...her world is enormous, millions of time bigger than Earth. It has just about every kind of environement you can imagine- mountains, poisonous swamps, deserts, etc. Anyways, no technology there. Many can use magic and the land is permeated by it.
3. Already answered :wink:
QUESTIONS:
1. Any love ineterest? If so, who?
2. What would they say if someone stronger and more powerful than them was about to kill their best friend? What would they do and say?
3. Do they have a religion? If they do, what is it?
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway