z

Young Writers Society

Teamwork Writing!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:47 am
Jassie says...

I fun activity that I've done in school, and many of you have probably done, is something I call teamwork writing. It's when one person starts a story and they pass the story around and have other people in the group or class add to the story (atleast a paragraph)

Since we can't technically pass a paper around, I think it might be fun to do it here in the forum. (But dont worry, you dont NEED to write a paragraph, maybe 3 to 5 sentences, but it can be a paragraph if you want)

I'm going to start the story, but I ask that you please read the entire story before putting in your two cents, so the story actually sounds like a story in the end.

Here we go:

Once upon a time, there was a young boy who lived by the lake with his grandfather. The two would go fishing every once in a while, talk about the meaning of life, and gaze at the stars. The boy loved this life, but he felt like he could have more....

Your turn!
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
-Cyril Connolly
For more of my tutorials: http://myspace.keonnected.com/jsimms/en/index.html

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:10 am
Shadeslayer says...

Grandpa? asked the young boy
yes Tom said the Grandpa
Don't you wish their was something else you could do for the rest of your life instead of just fishing
no, but why do you ask asked the grandpa
seeing his grandpas curious expression he blushed and said no reason.
Then suddenly this gigantic beast jumped out of the water and ate his grandpa whole.
Grandpa!!!!!!! the boy cried out
I Should Have Complete Faith In My Own Existence, Because In Order To Be Decieved About Anything, I Must First Exist

Got YWS?
Go The Dragons!

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:23 am
MadHatter says...

The beast swallowed the grandfather and decided to attack the boy. The boy suddenly found that he had superpowers. he attack the vicious brute and drove him back under the water. But while getting revenge on the monster, he was turned evil by his own anger. The boy was no superhero, he was a supervillian.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:26 am
Shadeslayer says...

Nice one!
I Should Have Complete Faith In My Own Existence, Because In Order To Be Decieved About Anything, I Must First Exist

Got YWS?
Go The Dragons!

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:03 am
jonny911 says...

All the energy drained out of the boy. He limped back to the cottage, sweat falling over his brow. He felt extreme pain in his left arm, where the monster touched him.
"I should have let that old man die a long time ago. His life isn't worth my time."
He fell over on the soggy grass, a creature having landed on his bruise.
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner