z

Young Writers Society

Describe People

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:49 am
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

It's very easy, and if you can't understand my simple English then you are on the wrong thread.
All you have to do is name a person you know or have seen or who has been around (the, butcher, the baker, the candle stick maker, the florist, the dentist, the lawyer...)

Then you have to discribe them to the fullest and I promise that you'll have the ability to discribe things better.
I'll give an example.

Roy:
Ruffled brown hair that is dry and puffy and matted on your head, deep dull brown eyes, usually squinty, twitching all around, scanning everything, thin lips, dry from the winters breeze, crooked due to braces, nice white teeth, not crooked due to braces, nice smile, thin, tall, lanky, slouching poster, hands are warm, knuckles are scabby due to you playing Quarters, bloody sometimes then, bog duck.

Ok, now its your turn. Discribe them wth all your might and.... SET GO!

Reviews: 0
Mon May 02, 2005 10:23 pm
View Likes
Squeaky says...

Diana (my cousin, lol):
Clear brown almond shaped eyes framed by long lashes stand out on her fair freckled skin. Her lips are rosy and pink, like fully bloomed flowers. Her hair is a pulled back, in a stylish mess of curls and waves that flow down her back when straightened. She had broad shoulders from 2 years of flag football and a large bottom from...well, nobody really knows, lol. Her toes are long and thin, as are her fingers, ending in round pink nails. Aww, shes so prettyful! :D
Pass me a bottle, Mr.Jones. Believe in me.
I wanna be someone who believes.

~Counting Crows~

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 03, 2005 4:22 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Kerryn:

Have you ever seen one of those American teen dramas, when the hottest girl in school walks by and everybody looks? She turns heads, she parts crowds, she stops time. If you're ever lucky enough to be able to gaze into her eyes, for just one fleeting second, you are instantly frozen and seduced by ocean-like blue and green scitnillating eyes. They spark with emotion, supercharged, and it takes just one of those glances to leave you hopelessly chasing her heart. From the smooth curves of her faultless body, to the beautifully-kept light brown hair, to the glossy, gorgeous lips, to the orignal clothes she wears; nothing is wrong, everything is perfect.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat May 07, 2005 3:58 am
View Likes
Sam says...

having fun there? hee...lemme think a second...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:03 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Marley (my cousin, go Marz!)

hair that could be called red or brown or blond, pale skin with red cheeks, brown eyes like her mom's, tongue peeking out between lip-glossed lips in concentration, eyes focused on her artwork, flip-flopped toes tapping the rhythm to a song from the radio, bent over her work, legs crossed Indian-style, wearing a sweater of red and pink and purple stripes and purple hip hugger pants, steady hands of an artist,
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:58 am
chocolatechipmuffin says...

My little cousin Angelle

Wipsy tan hair, feels like baby hair, it's so fine, tan skin from living on the Mediterranean her whole life, big brown eyes, large head for her body (all the adults call her the little coconut because of it), looks like a doll, can be quite bratty, her angelic, soft little voice gets a little bit annoying sometimes.
"The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky."
~Solomon Short

"We are all of us living in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
~Oscar Wilde

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:52 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Some lady in the grocery store

wearing a brown business suit, polite high heels, short-cut brown hair done to be respectable, wearing a plain wedding ring, leaning on her cart, nodding into a cell phone; buying cookies, peanut butter, Wonder bread, ice cream, bananas, Lucky Charms, shampoo and a People magazine; carries a small brown purse under one arm, slightly annoyed with the old, slow lady in line in front of her.
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:41 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

My eleven year-old brother:

Dirty blonde hair half covering pale blue eyes, which are usually squinting from the sun. A small button nose that looks slightly out of place, and thin, pale lips that almost dissapear when he smiles, revealing slightly crooked teeth. Freckles run across his nose and cheeks. Tan from countless hours playing baseball. It's hilarious to see him shirtless, with his face and forearms tan, but the rest of his torso pasty white. Tall for his age, and skinny. Usually wearing a wrinkled, baggy T-shirt bearing a witty joke, cargo pants, and tennis shoes falling apart from over-use. It's not unusual to see the soles of his shoes flapping behind him when he walks.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:58 am
Shafter says...

A girl in my orchestra (and master of five instruments!):

Even when she's wearing concert-dress black-and-white, Danielle manages to look like a punker. It's in the way she walks, a swagger that tells the world that she's someone to like. Her jet-black hair contrasts skin so white that I wonder if she's ever been in the sun. She strides into orchestra toting five different instruments, all decorated with white-out and bumper stickers. She manages a bright, "Hi!" even with the clarinet reed clenched in her teeth. She laughs with energy, laughs often, laughs contagiously. With the confidence of experienced jazz player, she belts on "Pink Panther" on her saxophone as a curtain of her dyed-black hair falls across her face. When she's done playing, she shakes her hair to whip the hair aside, smiles, and runs madly to change back to her bass clarinet.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:51 pm
Twit says...

My second youngest (7 year old) brother:

He kneels before the window sill, resting his elbow on the rough wood. His eyes, very dark brown with an odd red behind them, like coke, or coffee held up to the light, are fixed on the small Lego car he holds. He gently places the car on the sill, then begins whizzing it up and down, adding the sound effects without realizing: zooms, bangs, explosions, machine gun fire - even though the car has no weapons. His head is cocked to one side in his concentration, his hedgehog-prickly light brown hair catching the light coming through the window. He drops onto the floor, and shoves his stocky body underneath the bed, searching. When he locates another car, he brings it out, and makes it race with the first car on the sill. Eventually, inevitably, they crash, to noisy sounds of explosions; and exclamations from the hapless drivers inside the cars.
Robbie, unperturbed, picks up his stuffed horse and makes Woody ride off into the sunset, as he enters another play-dream, in gentler, but no less noisy circumstances.

-ST
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:48 am
Bella says...

Jordan-

Somewhat short of his age, he doesn't worry about how he looks or who he hangs out with. He'll go to the library everyday and not even think about what other kids would say about it. He dresses very properly, you know, sweaters with collared shirts under them and khaki pants a lot. His dirty blond hair never grows past his eyes, he won't allow it. He can stare at you until you feel uncomfortable, but you will never be able to stare back into those hazel eyes; there is too much sadness to handle there. He is mature for his age and amazingly brilliant.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri