Young Writers Society

Circle Story

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:57 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Okay here's how it works. I start a story with one sentence, then each person adds a sentence or two. Each sentence must be comehow realted to the one before it, and they should somehow form a story with some sort of plot, no matter how strange. Have fun!

Here is the opening sentence:
I couldn't believe my eyes.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:03 am
Crysi says...

(Not sure I understand, but I'll try)

I couldn't believe my eyes. All my beliefs had been shattered overnight.
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:25 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I no longer know what to think.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:17 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:20 pm
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach. Have you ever dropped something in a river, right before a waterfall? Thats what it was like.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:55 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach. Have you ever dropped something in a river, right before a waterfall? Thats what it was like. It floated away on ripples of my despair.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:04 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

Gee you people are boring! No offense, but I was hoping for something a little less descriptive. :lol: Besically, this is similar to the One-Word Storybook, but you get to add a sentence. Here, I'll add something more interesting.

I no longer know what to think. What I had seen had destroyed my hopes and my future, and they drifted away, out of my reach. Have you ever dropped something in a river, right before a waterfall? Thats what it was like. It floated away on ripples of my despair.

It all started with that chicken. Or was it chicken?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:47 am
View Likes
Nate says...

It all started with that chicken. Or was it chicken? In my existential view of simulated reality, I didn't really know, or didn't really care whether or not the stupid bird was a chicken. All I knew was that as I stood there under the static TV like glare of the grey morning sky was that, that, that bird just appeared out of nowhere stammering some incromphensible string of gibberish that my nihilistic self could not possibly comprehend.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:30 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

It all started with that chicken. Or was it chicken? In my existential view of simulated reality, I didn't really know, or didn't really care whether or not the stupid bird was a chicken. All I knew was that as I stood there under the static TV like glare of the grey morning sky was that, that, that bird just appeared out of nowhere stammering some incromphensible string of gibberish that my nihilistic self could not possibly comprehend.

But hey, it sure tasted like chicken, after I'd cooked his behind. That made me feel better.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:38 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

But hey, it sure tasted like chicken, after I'd cooked his behind. That made me feel better.

Except the chicken - if it was a chicken - was only the beginning. Nobody changes their entire view of life because of a chicken. No. It was the rhino that did that.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:33 am
View Likes
watergirlwriter3 says...

He was HUGE!!!! Like a bulking.....well he was just a bulking rhino;all big horn and no talk.
laney girl

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:46 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Except the chicken - if it was a chicken - was only the beginning. Nobody changes their entire view of life because of a chicken. No. It was the rhino that did that. He was HUGE!!!! Like a bulking.....well he was just a bulking rhino;all big horn and no talk.

No talk indeed, I thought as I eyed him with a menacing stare. Yet, as I turned to walk away, the rhino opened his mouth and began to speak.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:09 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Except the chicken - if it was a chicken - was only the beginning. Nobody changes their entire view of life because of a chicken. No. It was the rhino that did that. He was HUGE!!!! Like a bulking.....well he was just a bulking rhino;all big horn and no talk.

No talk indeed, I thought as I eyed him with a menacing stare. Yet, as I turned to walk away, the rhino opened his mouth and began to speak.In a voice deep and rumbling, he said, "The world's not going to stop if you die."

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:00 pm
View Likes
Guest says...

His voice was gravely, but booming and loud. It forced me back with the force of eight eighteen wheelers.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:47 am
View Likes
Tara says...

No talk indeed, I thought as I eyed him with a menacing stare. Yet, as I turned to walk away, the rhino opened his mouth and began to speak.In a voice deep and rumbling, he said, "The world's not going to stop if you die."

His voice was gravely, but booming and loud. It forced me back with the force of eight eighteen wheelers.

I attempted to prevent myself from falling with an unstable foot, delaying my meeting with the ground only for a few seconds.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale